Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Traffic's going to be just great now!

2 posters

Go down

Traffic's going to be just great now! Empty Traffic's going to be just great now!

Post by JaysonAych Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:22 am

Louisville has 3 automobile bridges across the Ohio River to Indiana...six-lane I-64 on the west side, seven-lane I-65 to the north near downtown, and 4-lane US 31 right next to the I-65 bridge leading directly into downtown.

Traffic coming in and going out of the city has always been a pain in the ass, because just south of the I-65 bridge is Spaghetti Junction, a 60's-era mish-mash of interchanges where three different Interstates meet that are fucking dangerous due to how little time there is to make a decision about which lane to be in after 50 years of increased traffic, and parts of it have routinely in lousy shape the last few years. We've needed additional bridges ever since I was a kid, especially one out on the east end, and though there is a good plan in place, there have been massive delays in getting the money together (a project to build new bridges was finally announced 9 years ago, but it's mired in bureaucratic holdups and cost overruns).

Well today some significant safety concerns for that I-64 bridge were discovered, so that bridge is now closed indefinitely. So ALL the Interstate traffic is going to squeeze through that I-65 bridge. God only knows when that bridge is going to be fixed or replaced, or how it will be paid for. :curses: :curses:

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2011309100051
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Traffic's going to be just great now! Empty Re: Traffic's going to be just great now!

Post by Swerve Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:39 am

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down