Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone rock GH Metallica for 360?

+8
Omni
Tailhappy
Dodge
thewalrus
Aristotle
Talon
Honor
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Anyone rock GH Metallica for 360? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone rock GH Metallica for 360?

Post by Honor Sat May 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Omni wrote:
honor man wrote:I like certain parts of pretty much every song on the album. But other parts just rub me the wrong way. S&R is the only one I like the whole thing of. :talon2:

I think it's kinda bs to say an instrumental is more memorable than every other song. I also don't think that would be on a greatest hits album over some of the other stuff on there.
how is that bs? Its a matter of opinion. and what makes instrumentals automatically worth less than a traditional song? call of ktulu is an instrumental too. also, what i said was that if i made my own greatest hits album i would put it on there, not that if one was actually made in real life that it would be the only one on there.

Last edited by honor man on Sat May 09, 2009 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Anyone rock GH Metallica for 360? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone rock GH Metallica for 360?

Post by Omni Mon May 11, 2009 1:39 am

honor man wrote:
Omni wrote:
honor man wrote:I like certain parts of pretty much every song on the album. But other parts just rub me the wrong way. S&R is the only one I like the whole thing of. :talon2:

I think it's kinda bs to say an instrumental is more memorable than every other song. I also don't think that would be on a greatest hits album over some of the other stuff on there.
how is that bs? Its a matter of opinion. and what makes instrumentals automatically worth less than a traditional song? call of ktulu is an instrumental too. also, what i said was that if i made my own greatest hits album i would put it on there, not that if one was actually made in real life that it would be the only one on there.

Instrumentals are normally pretty forgettable for me at least. I mean I'll remember the notes once I hear it but sometimes it's hard to recall the song when there are no lyrics. I'd have a hard time making my own personal greatest hits album for metallica, it would probably be like 30 songs. :lol:
Omni
Omni
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon May 11, 2009 1:57 am

I dont care about their singing that much. I listen to them for the drums and of course guitar. The singing can be nice sometimes, but i enjoy the instruments the most. Same with Led Zep and Pink Floyd.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Mon May 11, 2009 2:02 am

honor man wrote:I dont care about their singing that much. I listen to them for the drums and of course guitar. The singing can be nice sometimes, but i enjoy the instruments the most. Same with Led Zep and Pink Floyd.

I think with the epic bands the singing just kind of ties it all together. It's like another instrument in a way, you know? I can't imagine zeppelin without robert plant's unique voice.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon May 11, 2009 2:03 am

I do need to check out some new bands though, awesome as they are I get a little bored listening to the same songs year after year.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon May 11, 2009 2:18 am

Omni wrote:
honor man wrote:I dont care about their singing that much. I listen to them for the drums and of course guitar. The singing can be nice sometimes, but i enjoy the instruments the most. Same with Led Zep and Pink Floyd.

I think with the epic bands the singing just kind of ties it all together. It's like another instrument in a way, you know? I can't imagine zeppelin without robert plant's unique voice.

Yeah, he's definitely one of the best rock singers ever. Im kinda torn between him and Freddy Mercury. Paul McCartney and Steven Tyler are pretty good too. But as awesome as Plant is, Jimmy Page's guitar still steals the show imo. But I still like Plant's singing alot.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Mon May 11, 2009 12:05 pm

honor man wrote:
Omni wrote:

Yeah, he's definitely one of the best rock singers ever. Im kinda torn between him and Freddy Mercury. Paul McCartney and Steven Tyler are pretty good too. But as awesome as Plant is, Jimmy Page's guitar still steals the show imo. But I still like Plant's singing alot.

Yeah, Queen was my first favorite band so I've always been a big fan of Mercury. I agree that Page's guitar is insane but I just don't think the band would've work nearly as well without both of them. They're just a perfect match.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Mon May 11, 2009 12:08 pm

honor man wrote:I do need to check out some new bands though, awesome as they are I get a little bored listening to the same songs year after year.

Yeah, I agree. That's why I was so happy to find The Black Keys but I've still been listening to them for several years now. Are you into blues rock and stuff like that? If so you should check out Junior Kimbrough. Also, I've been trying to rediscover old bands that I never listened to much in the past. Some of the early stuff from The Allman Brothers Band is pretty sick and I've been listening to Steve Miller Band some as well. Unfortunately I think most of the music I like is from the past.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon May 11, 2009 12:42 pm

Yeah I like blues :talon2:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Mon May 11, 2009 12:45 pm

Blues scales = Metal scales. :talon2:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Tue May 12, 2009 2:00 am

I haven't been playing rock band often but when that beatles game comes out I sure as hell will.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue May 12, 2009 3:17 am

beatles game?
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue May 12, 2009 4:10 am

anyone else getting the ghostbusters game coming out next month? im gonna reserve my copy on weds :talon2: :talon2: :talon2:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue May 12, 2009 9:25 pm

honor man wrote:anyone else getting the ghostbusters game coming out next month? im gonna reserve my copy on weds :talon2: :talon2: :talon2:

I'm going to wait and see on it. It could be very awesome, but there is also large potential for suckage. I'll keep a close eye on it and see how the reviews turn out.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed May 13, 2009 12:40 am

oh fuck its atari producing it :undies:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed May 13, 2009 2:11 am

honor man wrote:beatles game?

yeah
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed May 13, 2009 5:06 am

Omni wrote:
honor man wrote:beatles game?

yeah

please elaborate :thwak:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed May 13, 2009 5:07 am

Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed May 13, 2009 10:13 am

Yeah, I was gonna say: use fucking google :roflmao:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Sat May 16, 2009 5:47 pm

fuck guitar hero.

but rock band is pretty fun with a group of drunks.
ryguy79
ryguy79
I'm so weary and tired of the world's weariness and tiredness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon May 25, 2009 12:07 am

death magnetic is growing on me a little. there's still songs I think are totally worthless like the unforgiven iii, but there is some nice guitar work in several other songs, even if those same songs have parts that kinda annoy me.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by 911 Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:24 pm

when all the songs are like 8 mins long there's bound to be parts you don't like

it rocks out hard though

is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:43 am

911 wrote:when all the songs are like 8 mins long there's bound to be parts you don't like

it rocks out hard though

not neccesarily, i can listen to the earlier albums nonstop and love every second of them.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3