Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PALIN IS JUST LIKE ME! THAT'S WHY I'M VOTING FOR HER!-great editorial

+5
ryguy79
JaysonAych
Les_Vipers_rule
TheWoerus
big_jesus
9 posters

Go down

PALIN IS JUST LIKE ME! THAT'S WHY I'M VOTING FOR HER!-great editorial Empty PALIN IS JUST LIKE ME! THAT'S WHY I'M VOTING FOR HER!-great editorial

Post by big_jesus Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:24 pm

big_jesus
big_jesus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

PALIN IS JUST LIKE ME! THAT'S WHY I'M VOTING FOR HER!-great editorial Empty Re: PALIN IS JUST LIKE ME! THAT'S WHY I'M VOTING FOR HER!-great editorial

Post by big_jesus Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:24 pm

The prospects of a Palin administration are far more frightening, in fact, than those of a Palin Institute for Pediatric Neurosurgery. Ask yourself: how has "elitism" become a bad word in American politics? There is simply no other walk of life in which extraordinary talent and rigorous training are denigrated. We want elite pilots to fly our planes, elite troops to undertake our most critical missions, elite athletes to represent us in competition and elite scientists to devote the most productive years of their lives to curing our diseases. And yet, when it comes time to vest people with even greater responsibilities, we consider it a virtue to shun any and all standards of excellence. When it comes to choosing the people whose thoughts and actions will decide the fates of millions, then we suddenly want someone just like us, someone fit to have a beer with, someone down-to-earth—in fact, almost anyone, provided that he or she doesn't seem too intelligent or well educated.
big_jesus
big_jesus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

PALIN IS JUST LIKE ME! THAT'S WHY I'M VOTING FOR HER!-great editorial Empty Re: PALIN IS JUST LIKE ME! THAT'S WHY I'M VOTING FOR HER!-great editorial

Post by big_jesus Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:25 pm

wally, i need you to sponsor my canadian citizenship if that woman become president.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:51 pm

that's a great, great article. I read part of it yesterday, I'm going to finish it today.

Also yeah, consider sponsorshipt done if she becomes president. No one should have to live under her leadership.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:52 pm

Imagine if you may McCain passing on within the first year of his admin and its then President Palin, take this and back it up to Oct. 1962. She being "just like one of us" " an ordinary person" and had to deal with the Cuban missile crisis. How terrifying would that have been? John Kennedy may have been from an elite family but one with apparent pleasant family values and a man who seemed in touch with Americans of all classes and races but a man who was not universally liked esp. from the radical right. But the fact that he was not "just like one of us" or " an ordinary person" was a large reason why the Cold war did not go hot.

Nobody in any democracy should want just ordinary men or women seeking high office. You should want better people but you and all of us as engaged citizens and voters should hold them to account not just turn a blind eye, forgive them for their missteps and misspoken words because you/we all think they should just be ordinary people.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:56 pm

:roflmao:

"Governor Palin, are you ready at this moment to perform surgery on this child's brain?"

"Of course, Charlie. I have several boys of my own, and I'm an avid hunter."

"But governor, this is neurosurgery, and you have no training as a surgeon of any kind."

"That's just the point, Charlie. The American people want change in how we make medical decisions in this country. And when faced with a challenge, you cannot blink."

TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:24 am

big_jesus wrote:The prospects of a Palin administration are far more frightening, in fact, than those of a Palin Institute for Pediatric Neurosurgery. Ask yourself: how has "elitism" become a bad word in American politics? There is simply no other walk of life in which extraordinary talent and rigorous training are denigrated. We want elite pilots to fly our planes, elite troops to undertake our most critical missions, elite athletes to represent us in competition and elite scientists to devote the most productive years of their lives to curing our diseases. And yet, when it comes time to vest people with even greater responsibilities, we consider it a virtue to shun any and all standards of excellence. When it comes to choosing the people whose thoughts and actions will decide the fates of millions, then we suddenly want someone just like us, someone fit to have a beer with, someone down-to-earth—in fact, almost anyone, provided that he or she doesn't seem too intelligent or well educated.

It is ridiculous. I speak to all kinds of ordinary down to earth people every day. But the closest I want them to the Oval Office is when they're taking the White House tour after visiting the Smithsonian.

That is, if they still do the White House tours. I know 'Murica is still in danger of being constantly gangraped by suicide bombers.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:05 am

JaysonAych wrote:
big_jesus wrote:The prospects of a Palin administration are far more frightening, in fact, than those of a Palin Institute for Pediatric Neurosurgery. Ask yourself: how has "elitism" become a bad word in American politics? There is simply no other walk of life in which extraordinary talent and rigorous training are denigrated. We want elite pilots to fly our planes, elite troops to undertake our most critical missions, elite athletes to represent us in competition and elite scientists to devote the most productive years of their lives to curing our diseases. And yet, when it comes time to vest people with even greater responsibilities, we consider it a virtue to shun any and all standards of excellence. When it comes to choosing the people whose thoughts and actions will decide the fates of millions, then we suddenly want someone just like us, someone fit to have a beer with, someone down-to-earth—in fact, almost anyone, provided that he or she doesn't seem too intelligent or well educated.

It is ridiculous. I speak to all kinds of ordinary down to earth people every day. But the closest I want them to the Oval Office is when they're taking the White House tour after visiting the Smithsonian.

That is, if they still do the White House tours. I know 'Murica is still in danger of being constantly gangraped by suicide bombers.

damn straight. i had to help a stupid fuck yesterday because he said his phone's screen went blank. common problem with phones. but this guy's phone was just off. fucking battery died. had him plug it into the charger and press power and WHAMMO his phone was working. I don't want 'average americans' in the white houese. that is ridiculous.
ryguy79
ryguy79
I'm so weary and tired of the world's weariness and tiredness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:32 am

does anyone else think palin is kinda hot?

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:15 pm

No she really does not do it for me and her voice inflection is simply annoying to my ears. She needs to go back to AK and carry on hunting wolves from helicopters or airplanes ...SHE'S SUCH A BITCH! :smelly:
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:32 pm

ryguy79 wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:

damn straight. i had to help a stupid fuck yesterday because he said his phone's screen went blank. common problem with phones. but this guy's phone was just off. fucking battery died. had him plug it into the charger and press power and WHAMMO his phone was working. I don't want 'average americans' in the white houese. that is ridiculous.

Oh shit :speedowethimself: :speedowethimself: :speedowethimself:

About once...maybe twice a week, I will get a call from someone complaining their cable TV is out, and I will discover that the reason it's out is because the caller didn't turn on their TV or their cable box. Suspect :jay:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:40 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:does anyone else think palin is kinda hot?

I'd hate fuck her.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:09 pm

I seriously am thinking about moving out the country or into a very secluded place where no one will bother me, but the show might get pretty interesting if one of those crazy church ladies starts mixing religion and politics at a Vice Pres. level

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:39 pm

fuck this double post

fuck this double edit

Last edited by Aristotle on Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : your mother)
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:39 pm

TheWoerus wrote:

I'd hate fuck her.

+1
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:44 am

PALIN IS JUST LIKE ME! THAT'S WHY I'M VOTING FOR HER!-great editorial Politi10
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:40 pm

Her chin reminds me of Joe from Family Guy.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum