Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shitty picture of the new ride

+6
Swerve
Arthur Dent
Tailhappy
JaysonAych
Honor
VS
10 posters

Go down

Shitty picture of the new ride Empty Shitty picture of the new ride

Post by VS Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:10 pm

Here she is, my new toy, 1990 325is

[img]Shitty picture of the new ride 325is110[/img]
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Shitty picture of the new ride Empty Re: Shitty picture of the new ride

Post by Honor Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:21 pm

Nice. Looks like it's in great shape too.
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:35 pm

149k miles, bought it from original owner with all service records, even came with the window sticker.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:55 am

Nice! How is it to drive? Any work needed on it?
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:54 am

JaysonAych wrote:Any work needed on it?  

It's a BMW.....  :screamo:
Tailhappy
Tailhappy
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Dent Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:12 am

Looks really nice. These E30 are almost ideal cars.
Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent
Did I mention how rueful and woeful I am?

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:19 am

JaysonAych wrote:Nice!  How is it to drive?  Any work needed on it?  

Umm it needs a new heater core. The current core leaked and is now bypassed, so there is no heat whatsoever in the cabin. The sunroof needs a repaint, the spoiler needs to be repainted/resecured. Other than that it's damn well taken care of. I paid $6300 which is a lot, but well within the price range for an e30 in this condition, so hopefully it goes up in value.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:15 pm

Relevant 

Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:57 am

$6300! Makes me wish I'd bought the 4 grand 323i I drove before choosing the E36 328i...

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:53 pm

How do you like the e36? My car isn't very quick, especially at 5000 feet altitude, but the engine is so lovely to wring out, god I love straight 6's.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:51 am

Where do you live now?

The 328i is a great all-rounder. In isolation it is satisfying, although I have to admit the Audi is a nicer place to be and the MR2 more special.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:23 am

I'm in Colorado, roughly 40 minutes north of Denver. For me it was between an e30 and a miata, but given the pretty crazy prices for NA miatas now, and my general preference for hardtops, I thought the e30 would be a better pick.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:44 pm

Sweet! Those e30s are so awesome. If there'd been a decent one available when I bought the MG, I would have probably gone that route.

Classic cars are so awesome. I'd been toying with the idea of selling the MG at the end of the summer... but every time I drive it I can't stop grinning. A few extra thousand bucks isn't worth that sacrifice.

Though I may try to trade it / sell it and buy something like an E30. Or a Triumph TR6. Or something of that ilk.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:15 am

I think the e30 is becoming a classic but not quite there yet. I mean it has an airbag which will probably kill me, ABS, and a nifty trip computer among other modern aspects.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:55 am

thewalrus wrote:Sweet!  Those e30s are so awesome.  If there'd been a decent one available when I bought the MG, I would have probably gone that route.

Classic cars are so awesome.  I'd been toying with the idea of selling the MG at the end of the summer... but every time I drive it I can't stop grinning.  A few extra thousand bucks isn't worth that sacrifice.

Though I may try to trade it / sell it and buy something like an E30.  Or a Triumph TR6.  Or something of that ilk.

I must have missed something. Did you get rid of the Miata after YEARS of talking about them?
ryguy79
ryguy79
I'm so weary and tired of the world's weariness and tiredness.

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:06 am

ryguy79 wrote:
thewalrus wrote:Sweet!  Those e30s are so awesome.  If there'd been a decent one available when I bought the MG, I would have probably gone that route.

Classic cars are so awesome.  I'd been toying with the idea of selling the MG at the end of the summer... but every time I drive it I can't stop grinning.  A few extra thousand bucks isn't worth that sacrifice.

Though I may try to trade it / sell it and buy something like an E30.  Or a Triumph TR6.  Or something of that ilk.

I must have missed something.  Did you get rid of the Miata after YEARS of talking about them?

haha yeah. Owned it for a year and a bit. Sold it. Got some cash. Bought a 1971 MGB.

Seriously thinking that when I sell it I might get something like a Jeep. But we'll see. Enjoying the heck of it right now.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:07 pm

I can't believe the world didn't implode when you sold it.

I just got a promotion and a 20% raise, trying to convince the wife that we need a third car in the garage...I've got room for it. So many choices. I think a fox body 5.0 stang might be fun, or a bugeye WRX, or who knows what.
ryguy79
ryguy79

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:10 am

ryguy79 wrote:I can't believe the world didn't implode when you sold it.

I just got a promotion and a 20% raise, trying to convince the wife that we need a third car in the garage...I've got room for it.  So many choices.  I think a fox body 5.0 stang might be fun, or a bugeye WRX, or who knows what.

haha, yeah. That was a fun car. Good to have for a year or so. But the MGB is actually more fun. A lot more character. Definitely more interesting to drive.

Now, of course, I'm running into the same problem you did, that let to the FJ. My wife and I have been spending a lot of time in the mountains this summer - hiking, camping, etc. and there have been a lot of good trails we couldn't get to because the TDI wouldn't have been practical. Come winter, it'll be worse.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:28 am

thewalrus wrote:

I just got a promotion and a 20% raise, trying to convince the wife that we need a third car in the garage...I've got room for it.  So many choices.  I think a fox body 5.0 stang might be fun, or a bugeye WRX, or who knows what.

haha, yeah.  That was a fun car.  Good to have for a year or so.  But the MGB is actually more fun.  A lot more character.  Definitely more interesting to drive.

Now, of course, I'm running into the same problem you did, that let to the FJ.  My wife and I have been spending a lot of time in the mountains this summer - hiking, camping, etc.  and there have been a lot of good trails we couldn't get to because the TDI wouldn't have been practical.  Come winter, it'll be worse.  

Yep.  Ideally need two cars.  A 4x4 of some sort for adventures and something fun to drive.  I'm really hoping to find an unmolested early WRX but I think thats the equivalent of a unicorn.  Same thing with finding another CRX Si.

I hope you have a proper driving cap for the MGB.
ryguy79
ryguy79

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:06 am

...and string-back gloves
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:01 pm

ryguy79 wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

haha, yeah.  That was a fun car.  Good to have for a year or so.  But the MGB is actually more fun.  A lot more character.  Definitely more interesting to drive.

Now, of course, I'm running into the same problem you did, that let to the FJ.  My wife and I have been spending a lot of time in the mountains this summer - hiking, camping, etc.  and there have been a lot of good trails we couldn't get to because the TDI wouldn't have been practical.  Come winter, it'll be worse.  

Yep.  Ideally need two cars.  A 4x4 of some sort for adventures and something fun to drive.  I'm really hoping to find an unmolested early WRX but I think thats the equivalent of a unicorn.  Same thing with finding another CRX Si.  

I hope you have a proper driving cap for the MGB.

Yeah. That's the truth. Three, though, is really what you need when you're married.

My wife loves our TDI, and we can't get rid of it. So that's her car.

On top of that, I need something 4X4ish and, of course, something fun and agile. Not entirely unreasonable either - at least when you have a house. A small, fun car doesn't have to be expensive. And the 4x4 is a good everyday / practical driver and second car.

Also - n proper driving cap yet - but a good leather jacket - which is necessary whenever the temperature dips below about 10 C. All those jokes about british car heaters are based on more than a little reality.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:45 am

I solved the three car problem:

My wife is getting rid of her mini to get a 2014 Xterra Pro-4X... We pick it up tomorrow. SO EXCITED!!!!
millertime
millertime
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:46 am

When we pick it up I'll post a picture in the new forum.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down