Happy 50th birthday to McLaren F1, my favourite F1 team

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Happy 50th birthday to McLaren F1, my favourite F1 team

Post by Les_Vipers_rule on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:17 pm

Too bad the 2013 season is a mediocre one, but all in all Happy 50th. McLaren, better days shall come and maybe sooner than many may think.:cheers: 
avatar
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Posts : 1444
Join date : 2008-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy 50th birthday to McLaren F1, my favourite F1 team

Post by Talon on Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:57 am

:cheers: 

PS - Fuck Perez.
avatar
Talon
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 4156
Join date : 2008-06-03
Age : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy 50th birthday to McLaren F1, my favourite F1 team

Post by Les_Vipers_rule on Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:09 pm

Talon wrote::cheers: 

PS - Fuck Perez.
Maybe we will see Kimi come back. Raikonnen and Button would be a good driver line up. the 1.6L turbos will make it all very interesting next year.
avatar
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Posts : 1444
Join date : 2008-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy 50th birthday to McLaren F1, my favourite F1 team

Post by Talon on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:08 pm

I still hope Kimi stays with Lotus. The RB seat is already taken up, so now the rumors are he will end up back at Ferrari and even Mac has been thrown in there.

Kimi was never going to RB. Cake-eater Vettel needs a puppet to drive the other car so he and the team can convey orders without much resistance. Kimi would never have bought that shit. McLaren doesn’t have a competitive car right now so I doubt he will go there. I also doubt he will want to be teammates with Alonso. IMO, assuming he stays in F1 next year, 95% chance he stays with Lotus, 5% he goes to Ferrari, 0% anywhere else.
avatar
Talon
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 4156
Join date : 2008-06-03
Age : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy 50th birthday to McLaren F1, my favourite F1 team

Post by Les_Vipers_rule on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:29 pm

Kimi staying at Lotus, sure, probably. But Lotus has some money problems. Kimi going back to Ferrari is a possibility of course  if  they dump Massa, but I still think  McLaren could be home for him. 2014 is a fresh new start in many ways for the F1 circus and I doubt McLaren will be a dog for long. Getting  Honda back in 2015 could prove exciting  for both Raikonnen and Button.

I see Perez days short at McLaren. He has underachieved IMO. If Ferrari dumps Massa, I can see Massa going to McLaren or if  Raikonnen leaves, even Lotus.

I 100% agree about the ahole Vettel.
avatar
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Posts : 1444
Join date : 2008-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy 50th birthday to McLaren F1, my favourite F1 team

Post by Talon on Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:23 pm

Yea, I keep forgetting next year is going to be completely different. I am not too happy about that.

I don’t think Kimi will partner up with Alonso. I think there was some drama between them back in 2008 (?). I think Ferrari wanted to get rid of Raikkonen to get Alonso, and Kimi was all too eager to leave anyway and do something else even though his contract wasn’t finnish-ed (you see what I did there?) yet.

Seeing Raikkonen in a Ferrari again would be exciting, but I don’t think (again, currently speaking) the current Ferrari chassis is any better than the Lotus. The Ferrari as better top end (Kimi couldn’t gain Massa last week at Spa even with the DRS open) but the Lotus conserves tires and drives great in the corners (Kimi was up Massa’s ass through the turns until the brake failure of course).

I think Massa needs to go; his time is up. If Ferrari gets rid of Massa… could they bring in a, say, Jules Bianchi? He’s been doing quite well this year in the Marussia… considering it’s a Marussia of course.
avatar
Talon
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 4156
Join date : 2008-06-03
Age : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy 50th birthday to McLaren F1, my favourite F1 team

Post by Les_Vipers_rule on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:59 pm

The 1.6L Turbos with the very advanced energy recovery system will be interesting. My beefs with F1 is lack of opening up the formula for more competition. For example if Michelin wants back then lets have a tire war with Pirrelli. I also say sure stick with limiting total fuel supply but bring back in race refueling. It opens up strategy and even car design as the teams will make fuel tank size variances etc.

I also say what the hell keep it 1.6 litre but why must it be V-6. Let them do 4 cyl or whatever cylinder style.
avatar
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Posts : 1444
Join date : 2008-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy 50th birthday to McLaren F1, my favourite F1 team

Post by thewalrus on Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:35 am

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:The 1.6L Turbos with the very advanced energy recovery system will be interesting. My beefs with F1 is lack of opening up the formula   for more competition.  For example if Michelin wants back then lets have a tire war with Pirrelli. I also say sure stick with limiting total fuel supply but bring back in race refueling. It opens up strategy and even  car design as the teams   will make fuel tank size variances etc.

I also say what the hell keep it 1.6 litre but why must it be V-6. Let them do 4 cyl or whatever cylinder style.
I want them all to have to use steam.
avatar
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 7602
Join date : 2008-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy 50th birthday to McLaren F1, my favourite F1 team

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum