Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nothing finer than a magenta Fiesta.

+9
Talon
xtine
Tailhappy
Honor
Swerve
1300ZUK
thewalrus
SBF
JaysonAych
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nothing finer than a magenta Fiesta. Empty Nothing finer than a magenta Fiesta.

Post by JaysonAych Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:13 pm

Unfortunately they were all out of magenta, so I got this.

Nothing finer than a magenta Fiesta. 2e54586
Nothing finer than a magenta Fiesta. Doqayo
Nothing finer than a magenta Fiesta. Atrkhv

(I did come very close to buying a gaudy looking Fiesta, however) :durr:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Nothing finer than a magenta Fiesta. Empty Re: Nothing finer than a magenta Fiesta.

Post by SBF Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:43 pm

Awesome Jay!

And a manual too!

Is it a base model? I notice there are no fog lights.
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Nothing finer than a magenta Fiesta. Empty Re: Nothing finer than a magenta Fiesta.

Post by JaysonAych Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:48 pm

The manual in this particular Focus felt better than the one in the Focus I drove earlier. I'm still getting used to it and twice already I've gotten into it and been like, "Y U NO START o yeh clutch" but I'm happy with it. It's the car I wanted, optioned pretty much the way I wanted it (black was okay, but I'd rather have had blue or white), I got a good loan, and they gave me $3,000 for my Dodge, which was far more than I expected to get. I figured I wasn't going to see a better deal this week.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:19 pm

Absolutely awesome man! That's a great car. I think the 5 door Focuses look great - better than the sedans. You made a great choice. Glad to hear the real world use has been as good as you wanted, too!
thewalrus
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:19 pm

When I was looking at cars it didn't make much sense to get the fiesta. Focus was about the same price. Congrats and just be happy you don't have that crackhead auto setup on it

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:31 pm

Thanks everyone! I missed the fog light question and yeah, it doesn't have much in the way of options, though the hatchback starts out in SE trim, so it's got some good features already. I mainly wanted that Sync system (which came with the SE trim)...I didn't notice until I got it home that it has those side mirror repeater lights that the kids like these days, so that was cool to find out. I was afraid I might have to settle for a sedan, but the dealership worked their asses off to get me a deal. After being at a Hyundai dealer early in the day that didn't seem to want to work with me on an Elantra, and was doing everything they could to avoid my questions about the price, the sales staff at the Ford dealer was a complete 180. The salesman even remembered me from walking in a year ago and looking at Fiestas even before I introduced myself or said anything.

The Fiesta indeed did work out to about the same price...it had fewer incentives, and the X-Plan pricing only shaved $200 off, so it all worked out to about the same. The Focus was a much better buy.

Last edited by JaysonAych on Sat May 11, 2013 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:07 am

The Focus is a good looking car and it's great you went manual.

Which engine did you get?

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:14 am

Nice! How much power do those have?
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:31 am

:jay:

Nothing finer than a magenta Fiesta. 4404691487_cf41e831fd
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:00 am

clockbreaker wrote:Nice! How much power do those have?

More than you can afford, pal.

Nothing finer than a magenta Fiesta. Attachment
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:20 am

JaysonAych wrote:Thanks everyone! I missed the fog light question and yeah, it doesn't have much in the way of options, though the hatchback starts out in SE trim, so it's got some good features already. I mainly wanted that Sync system (which came with the SE trim)...I didn't notice until I got it home that it has those side mirror repeater lights that the kids like these days, so that was cool to find out. I was afraid I might have to settle for a sedan, but the dealership worked their asses off to get me a deal. After being at a Hyundai dealer early in the day that didn't seem to want to work with me on an Elantra, and was doing everything they could to avoid my questions about the price, the sales staff at the Ford dealer was a complete 360. The salesman even remembered me from walking in a year ago and looking at Fiestas even before I introduced myself or said anything.

The Fiesta indeed did work out to about the same price...it had fewer incentives, and the X-Plan pricing only shaved $200 off, so it all worked out to about the same. The Focus was a much better buy.

Sync :talon2: :talon2:

The SE trim is pretty nice; these days, Fords are pretty well outfitted! We were poking around the dealership when I was getting the Stang and wow, the newer Focuses are way nicer than my 2011 was, and I had the sporty trim optioned up to be like the luxury trim. (Interesting options for what started out as a rental car.)

Yay for a new car! wub wub
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:54 am

Maybe my short lived Sync experience has biased my opinion, but I got frustrated with it, especially with Pandora. But those who live with it on a daily basis, love it.

Maybe one day I'll get more time to play with the Sync system.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:27 pm

SBF wrote:Maybe my short lived Sync experience has biased my opinion, but I got frustrated with it, especially with Pandora. But those who live with it on a daily basis, love it.

Maybe one day I'll get more time to play with the Sync system.

Why? I stream Pandora through the bluetooth audio, don't ever have a problem. It even responds to the steering wheel controls if I want to skip a song. (Well, lately Sprint signal has been crappy so it cuts out.)
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:46 pm

Well, first off, I couldn't get it to sync with my phone. I only had the car for a couple days, I resorted to the USB hook up.

It immediately recognized my phone and Pandora worked fine for the most part. If I did any voice commands, it would get it wrong. I was to the point where I was annunciating as perfect as could be and it would still do the wrong command.

The other issue I had was hooked to the USB, it would work the phone, but it kept giving me issues with voice commands.

It's my buddies Fusion, so he uses it all the time and really doesn't give him a problem.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:21 pm

Swerve wrote:The Focus is a good looking car and it's great you went manual.
Which engine did you get?
clockbreaker wrote:Nice! How much power do those have?

It's got the 2.0L, 160 hp, 140 lb-ft of torque. It seems to move nearly as quickly as the Dodge did, and it handles pretty nicely.

Sync could stand to be a bit more user-friendly. I've figured things out, but it could be set up to accept commands easier. I haven't tried streaming Pandora yet; I have a USB thumb drive that I'm using for my music, as well as a trial period with SiriusXM. The Bluetooth is nice for phone calls, however.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:18 pm

:cheers:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:24 pm

Sorry for bringing up an old topic, but I searched for Fiesta on here and this is the best I got. Plus it is me, Dunnas. I can do what I like.  :jay: 

I picked up a new Fiesta ST last month to replace my old Renault Sport Clio (which I forgot to talk about trade in for in the end and I now have sitting around unregistered (registration is due around now but i'm not going to pay it. Just now realised I need to cancel my insurance too) with a number of issues and no idea what i'll do with it). I picked it up on the afternoon of the 12th and then headed off on a 1,800km drive to my Mum's place in Queensland on the morning of the 14th.

Was very nice on my drive up north. Lovely to have cruise control again after 6 1/2 years without it. The seats are super supportive (as Jay would probably know as I'm sure he sat in an ST focus while he was at the dealer before settling on the shit one  :roflmao: ). I need to lose some weight again to squeeze a bit better myself, but even then the seats seemed to hold me in well while pushing the car around the turns in the tight and most stupid to push it section of my drive up. I actually had the front end feel like it was starting to push wide like it does in Forza around one corner. Yeah, i'm a pussy when it comes to pussy when it comes to pushing a car much in real life.  :heeheehee: 

Unlike the US Fiesta ST (4 doors and Mexican built), ours are German built and 2 doors only. Here is the only pic i've taken of it, which was taken close to Canberra (Australia's capital) on my drive up to my mum's.

Nothing finer than a magenta Fiesta. Vy3a6s
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:42 pm

i give you 950 for the clio
ascona
ascona

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:00 pm

If you are serious there Theo I might just accept that.  

Actually, I definitely would given I know you'll be buying it for one of those spend jack shit rallies.  

I really can't expect much more given the 'roadworthy' issues.  It runs perfectly fine, but has a big ding on the left side from my carelessness leaving the work car park a few years back, and a bit of a fucked up bonnet from my drunk driving home where I made it back to my dad's and then crashed into his boat trailer (bought a new whole right hand side front light there).

It also has a cracked windscreen which just started happening for no reason not long after I bought it, grew for a few months, and then stopped and hasn't changed for a few years.

Theo, I actually couldn't be happier to actually sell it to you for such purposes and would love to be able to be part of the rally if you do buy it, even if just a spectator (I actually have no useful skills so I could only watch) . Although that would depend on where it is taking place.

Send me a message through facebook to discuss this if you're serious. And let me know how the price cap works as I could 'give' it to you for any price.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:56 pm

The new Fords are looking really nice. Good choice, Jay...
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:36 pm

Where are the US Focus's built?
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:22 pm

Mexico or some shit I think...
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:30 am

Mine was built in Wayne, Michigan.

That's an awesome ST, dunnas. I wish we got the three-door model here. And yes, those ST seats are mighty nice. I've heard they kind of give out though on long trips, is this true?

It is indeed mighty nice to have cruise control again. The Dodge's cruise control only worked about a quarter of the time toward the end of my time with it.

Talon wrote:The new Fords are looking really nice. Good choice, Jay...

I do thank you :cheers: I'm really enjoying it. It's fun to drive, accelerates well, corners great, and for the most part it's pretty comfortable (the center stack juts into the footwell a bit too much and I find my knee awkwardly resting against it sometimes). Sync is at once one of the most marvelous and most irritating things put into a car in the last 10 years.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:39 am

Oh, and I finally won the little EcoMode tracking thing. I'd been just one petal off for weeks and it was pissing me off.

Nothing finer than a magenta Fiesta. Cn0LDTA
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:32 pm

I had a white rental Fiesta last week. Wasn't that bad of a car, only bad part was slushbox wanting to shift never when i thought it should.

Had to argue with the guy for a few minutes to get a fiesta, he kept wanting to give me a FUCKOS, I hate them.

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:34 am

I agree about the DSG Fiestas. That box has no fucking idea what it's doing.

Nice car, Dunnas. But when you're breaking in a car, aren't constant revs (such as an 1,800km cruise controlled road trip) the big no no?

Your Clio is tempting. Or maybe Theo, you and me can do the Shitbox Rally together this year...

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:37 am

Modern car breaking period isn't pretty fool proof. Engines are pretty fool proof anymore, no worries

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:21 pm

hey swerve, sadly (for you) i'm already taken for the rally... maybe next year! (there's a list of waiting people ahead of you, but i might jump a few Razz )
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:25 pm

but if you want to donate to the cause, you're more than welcome to!
https://shitboxrally2014.everydayhero.com/au/waffles
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:37 am

I will.

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:04 pm

I've been seriously considering getting a Fiesta ST
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:58 pm

Wife had this for a rental all weekend.

Nothing finer than a magenta Fiesta. Ufxp3lgwqw2rrxnkr2f7

The automatic is HORRRRRIBLE. Otherwise its a nice little car. Even though it wasn't magenta. Or an ST.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:34 am

How do you feel it compares to the Mazda 2?

Side note: the 2015 Focus looks like the current one took a valium. I like mine better.

http://jalopnik.com/2015-ford-focus-this-is-it-in-person-1563728777
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:58 pm

Its been so long since I've driven a 2.... and it was a manual at that. The Fiesta has more features (I played with the interior lighting button to make it look like a gay disco on my white socks) and feels more upscale, but the shit transmission and numb steering make it a heck of a lot less sporting than the 2.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:17 am

JaysonAych wrote:How do you feel it compares to the Mazda 2?

Side note: the 2015 Focus looks like the current one took a valium.  I like mine better.

http://jalopnik.com/2015-ford-focus-this-is-it-in-person-1563728777

Oh, wow, it's a Fusion. :mellow:

Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:25 am

Also, Chevy turned the Cruze into a Malibu with ugly headlights:
Nothing finer than a magenta Fiesta. Pkif9hpb800pppdih0jv

personally I kinda liked the red herring/Chinese version better:
Nothing finer than a magenta Fiesta. 658945190812116368
might be a bland Hyundai knockoff, but at least it's not as awkward looking as the real deal.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:18 am

Yeah I thought the Chinese-market Cruze was pretty bland, but it's light years better than the US refresh. They should have just not even bothered if that was the best they could do.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:07 pm

I think the story is that was just a styling buck. China will be getting the same Son of Toofus we are.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:15 pm

Speaking of China, I just found out yesterday that there has been a flood of Chinese students in American colleges lately. And around 90% of them cheat to get into the schools. They fake transcripts, recommendations, just about everything. And the schools are so desperate for money, they don't really care. Meanwhile there are lots of American students getting turned down.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:23 am

Turbojett wrote:I think the story is that was just a styling buck. China will be getting the same Son of Toofus we are.

I don't know...they unveiled the better version at an auto show in China a few days ago http://www.autoblog.com/2014/04/21/chevy-cruze-beijing-2014/

I guess we're supposed to get it in a few years.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next