Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not so new games thread.

+4
Honor
SBF
JaysonAych
Turbojett
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Not so new games thread. Empty Not so new games thread.

Post by Turbojett Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:20 pm

was bored with all my other racing games and so i tried an old PS2 game that I never got around to finishing:

Not so new games thread. 28883810

...seriously, you look at the square button funny and they lock up. otherwise, the physics are way more awesome than i remembered. car selection is interesting too.
Turbojett
Turbojett
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Not so new games thread. Empty Re: Not so new games thread.

Post by JaysonAych Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:11 am

That game always looked interesting. I should see if I can find it sometime.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:14 am

it's actually pretty fun once you get used to it.

but turn the background music off. for the love of God.
Turbojett
Turbojett
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:38 am

I've been hitting up the PS2 lately and I've been trying to complete my campaign on NFS Hot Pursuit 2.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:43 pm

The Caterham is annoying in Enthusia. It's like the AI's God car. you can't beat it no matter how hard you try.
so i get into one once i win it.

FUCKING USELESS PIECE OF SHIT MOSQUITO.
I did finally win the end of the year race though with an R34, and they played the credits. so i guess i beat it?
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:28 am

They should put the Ariel Atom in more games. They have it in Test Drive Unlimited 2 and it fucking rules at everything but top speed.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:58 am

I was just playing some GT5 again for the first time in ages. Got the Lambo Aventador. Just biding my time until BlOps2. I am eventually going ot buy that F12012 game too...
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by spaced cowboy Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:58 pm

I've only got a PS3, so I only play GT5, and at this point, pretty much exclusively drive Toyobarus, 2000GTs and stockcars.
spaced cowboy
spaced cowboy
And so the woe continues.
And so the woe continues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:55 pm

according to PS magazine, for the past few years since its release, GT5 has been listed as one of the hardest games to platinum on. it's because of the X2010 challenge, I reckon. You bloody well have to be Sebastian Vettel to beat that.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:04 pm

I just beat Gears of War 3. Good way to wrap up the series. I've been playing a lot of the first Black Ops. I also beat RAGE which was a pretty good game.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:10 pm

ive been playing sim city 4. what a pain in the ass. i just want to make a big sprawling city and not deal with any of the bs.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:20 pm

Haha, I love simcity, but I hate all the shit to keep you from going bankrupt.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:38 am

You could do that in Sim City 3000. Start with one of their cookie cutter towns, turn off all the weather and aliens and shit, putz with some settings, sit back and watch that shit grow.
I even made it past the year 3000. Thought something cool might happen.

It didn't.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:49 am

Still playing Skyrim. :talon2:

I downloaded Dawnguard since it was 50% off for the holidays. I already had Hearthfire so whatever.
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:51 pm

Talon wrote: I am eventually going ot buy that F12012 game too...

I got the F1 game for Xmas... it's really good. I am really enjoying it. It takes some getting used to as the cars are so different than the street/race cars (dugh, right?) but once you get the hang of it, it's a blast.

I am typically driving as Kimi in the Lotus and my favorite tracks are Abu Dhabi (ironically, Kimi's win in the 2012 season) and Bahrain. Good rhythm on those tracks.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:06 pm

dude. you cant quote yourself. what the hell you think this is?
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:49 pm

clockbreaker wrote:dude. you cant quote yourself. what the hell you think this is?

Fuck you I can do what I want. :curses:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:16 pm

clockbreaker wrote:dude. you cant quote yourself. what the hell you think this is?
Not so new games thread. Amuric10
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:39 pm

lollll
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:53 pm

Got BlkOps2. Multiplayer is good. Survival mode is...interesting. Haven't done story mode yet. Without spoiling it for me, is it pretty good or was it as lame as BO1?
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:24 pm

Turbojett wrote:Got BlkOps2. Multiplayer is good. Survival mode is...interesting. Haven't done story mode yet. Without spoiling it for me, is it pretty good or was it as lame as BO1?

BO1 was the worst story mode. BO2 is pretty good, but not as good as the MW series. The multiplayer is probably the most balanced one yet. Pretty fun.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:50 pm

i barely even pay attention to the plot in those games.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:24 am

Borderlands 2 wub
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:28 am

Talon wrote:
Turbojett wrote:Got BlkOps2. Multiplayer is good. Survival mode is...interesting. Haven't done story mode yet. Without spoiling it for me, is it pretty good or was it as lame as BO1?

BO1 was the worst story mode. BO2 is pretty good, but not as good as the MW series. The multiplayer is probably the most balanced one yet. Pretty fun.
yeah, coming off the MW series, it took me a bit to get used to the multiplayer in BO2, but I do like it. I feel like I have more control over the guns. sniping's easier, that's for damn sure.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Fri May 10, 2013 12:21 am

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUCK I CAN'T FIND THE FULL VERSION OF FORZA 4 ANYWHERE FUCKING ESSENTIALS EDITION CAN SUCK MY COCK FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Forza 3's fun as hell tho. I made a new Sunoco Camaro racecar whose suspension I can't tune for shit. And an RWD LS7-powered Cobalt drift machine (yeah, that's totally realistic).
And the Veyron....actually TURNS!
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Fri May 10, 2013 12:54 am

I didn't know what the difference was between the essentials and full version. I got the essentials from my cousin and all I noticed was that all the DLC cars are "there" but you have to still buy the pack they are in, in order to buy them.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Fri May 10, 2013 1:15 am

well I've seen both, and they were at different price points. I can only assume most of the locked cars are available in the full version. anyway, I still don't have internet at home, so I can't DL the additional cars if I got the Essentials Ed.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri May 10, 2013 8:10 am

I don't think the Essentials Edition comes with all of the cars in the retail version, not just the DLC cars. It might not have all the tracks either. It's basically like a hopped up demo.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri May 10, 2013 8:28 am

Turbojett wrote:FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUCK I CAN'T FIND THE FULL VERSION OF FORZA 4 ANYWHERE FUCKING ESSENTIALS EDITION CAN SUCK MY COCK FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

30 bucks on Amazon new, around 20 used http://www.amazon.com/Forza-Motorsport-4-Xbox-360/dp/B003O6E986/ref=sr_1_1_ha?ie=UTF8&qid=1368185281&sr=8-1&keywords=forza+4

It won't include the DLC packs and there's not a "GOTY" edition that has them all yet, but it's at least the full original retail game.

EDIT: heeheehee

Not so new games thread. 2llle8j
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Fri May 10, 2013 8:37 pm

JaysonAych wrote:
Turbojett wrote:FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUCK I CAN'T FIND THE FULL VERSION OF FORZA 4 ANYWHERE FUCKING ESSENTIALS EDITION CAN SUCK MY COCK FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

30 bucks on Amazon new, around 20 used http://www.amazon.com/Forza-Motorsport-4-Xbox-360/dp/B003O6E986/ref=sr_1_1_ha?ie=UTF8&qid=1368185281&sr=8-1&keywords=forza+4

It won't include the DLC packs and there's not a "GOTY" edition that has them all yet, but it's at least the full original retail game.

do you think there's going to be a GOTY edition coming out anytime soon that I should hold out for?
The copy of 3 I got was the ultimate edition with all the DLC cars and tracks except for the ZR1, 430 Scud, and the GT3 RS, and I am ooookay with that. (Well no. I'd rather have those three to drive, but whatever.) And I was repeatedly told to look for 4 online by all the stores I went to, but I'm impatient. But it looks like I'll have to.

Nice Fookis BTW. Are those Torq Thrusts?
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sat May 11, 2013 5:23 am

Turbojett wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:

do you think there's going to be a GOTY edition coming out anytime soon that I should hold out for?
The copy of 3 I got was the ultimate edition with all the DLC cars and tracks except for the ZR1, 430 Scud, and the GT3 RS, and I am ooookay with that. (Well no. I'd rather have those three to drive, but whatever.) And I was repeatedly told to look for 4 online by all the stores I went to, but I'm impatient. But it looks like I'll have to.

Nice Fookis BTW. Are those Torq Thrusts?

They are indeed...I was trying to find something similar to what my IRL car had, and that came about as close as anything. Upon further review, the Brabus Monoblock S wheels might be closer.

After a bit of searching, I found that there was a sighting of a "Racing Game of the Year" edition at Target on the shelves in January, but the only extra cars it included were the American Muscle Pack and the September Pennzoil Pack, and those two packs were on a DLC card so you still had to download them. I can't find any information about where it can be bought though. There's an unboxing video of a copy on YouTube dated April 28 but aside from those couple of mentions, I haven't seen any other info about it.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sat May 11, 2013 7:52 am

Hey, since y'all are playin Forza still, wanna help me out and buy a bunch of shit from my storefront so I can get the 100k in sales achievement thingy?

Search for "I like them flat" or "cujo" or something. Spend away and if you want something in exchange let me know. I have 30 million cr, and a bunch of cars.

That one, the 300 cars, and the 1000 miles in an electric/hybrid is all I have left.
Putting 1000 miles on the most boring cars in the game = :mercifulend:
Even the Tesla tops out at 170MPH. It's gonna take me a while.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat May 11, 2013 8:03 am

Yeah I'll buy some of your shit. I got all but one achievement a while ago, it's the stupid kinect one. I even gave my mother a kinect last christmas, because she said it looked fun, but I don't think she's even opened it yet.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sat May 11, 2013 2:14 pm

I think I'll always need that one. Unless I find a need for a Kinect, or a cheap used one.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sat May 11, 2013 2:14 pm

Oh and thanks ^_^
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat May 11, 2013 7:06 pm

oh you meant the in game achievements. im missing a bunch of those.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sat May 11, 2013 7:24 pm

Tailhappy wrote:Hey, since y'all are playin Forza still, wanna help me out and buy a bunch of shit from my storefront so I can get the 100k in sales achievement thingy?

Search for "I like them flat" or "cujo" or something. Spend away and if you want something in exchange let me know. I have 30 million cr, and a bunch of cars.

That one, the 300 cars, and the 1000 miles in an electric/hybrid is all I have left.
Putting 1000 miles on the most boring cars in the game = :mercifulend:
Even the Tesla tops out at 170MPH. It's gonna take me a while.

can't you do enduros in them, or are you going to run out of juice without a way to recharge?

anyway, I think the Torq Thrusts look good Jay. I say keep 'em.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Mon May 13, 2013 8:29 am

The one thing they took away with FM4 was realistic fuel consumption. Basically you can't run a race long enough to run out of fuel/charge.

Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Mon May 13, 2013 11:58 am

I don't know whether to think that's pretty good news or really stupid.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Mon May 13, 2013 4:49 pm

So in FM3, I started out on easy for tue first couple of races, just to test the waters, but half the racers would screw the pooch before the first turn, and those that didn't, I was still smoking hard. So I put it on medium for a while, and that gave me more of a challenge for a while, but I started outpacing that once I got the hang of the physics. I've since bumped it up to hard, where it should be, and I've been doing that for a few days. I gotta say, the name M. Rossi now strikes the same loathing in me that you guys have always described. Little bitch should have just been a cop.

And it pisses me off that the game says the ZR1 is VIP content, and hasn't been installed, but the AI has been using it to bite my ass all around the track in all the S-class races. I want that ZR1 dammit.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next