Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is going to be a fun NFL season.

+8
Talon
thewalrus
Honor
Les_Vipers_rule
Tailhappy
Turbojett
SBF
JaysonAych
12 posters

:: Sports

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

This is going to be a fun NFL season. - Page 2 Empty Re: This is going to be a fun NFL season.

Post by Turbojett Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:12 am

thewalrus wrote:
Turbojett wrote:
thewalrus wrote:Sorry about both the LA teams dude - I thought the Angels would walk away with at least a WC spot. I'm glad the Dodgers got bent over for the last half of the season though. Fuck them.
we're still in the running, dude.
http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2012_09_25_seamlb_anamlb_1&mode=recap&c_id=ana

Angles, yeah. They might make it - especially if Oakland gets killed by Texas this series. I like the Angels though, so I hope they do it. They're my Southern California team. Dodgers though are dead in the water.
The Dodgers have always kinda sucked, but there's still something about them that makes you wanna root for 'em against the odds. I dunno, I've always been an Angels fan, but a Dodgers fan second. I'd like to see them get good again someday.

...of course I'd also like to see the Cubs win the World Series in my lifetime...This is going to be a fun NFL season. - Page 2 58193

Edit: Jay, This is going to be a fun NFL season. - Page 2 58193 needs to be fixed.
Turbojett
Turbojett
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

This is going to be a fun NFL season. - Page 2 Empty Re: This is going to be a fun NFL season.

Post by Turbojett Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:15 am

Talon wrote:
Just saw that. Apparently, it came down to the refs getting a pension and a 4% raise. Wow... seriously, Goodell? What an asshole.

In the end, the NFL was battling over $3.3 million per year in pension payouts. That was a meager $103,125 per team per year for a $9 billion-plus industry.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--nfl-gives-into-public-pressure-and-does-right-thing-by-bringing-back-regular-officials.html
4%?
golly, I don't know how he could spare that. gee.
Turbojett
Turbojett
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:30 am

Just another selfish, greedy douche like most big business guys.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:41 am

Turbojett wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Turbojett wrote:
thewalrus wrote:Sorry about both the LA teams dude - I thought the Angels would walk away with at least a WC spot. I'm glad the Dodgers got bent over for the last half of the season though. Fuck them.
we're still in the running, dude.
http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2012_09_25_seamlb_anamlb_1&mode=recap&c_id=ana

Angles, yeah. They might make it - especially if Oakland gets killed by Texas this series. I like the Angels though, so I hope they do it. They're my Southern California team. Dodgers though are dead in the water.
The Dodgers have always kinda sucked, but there's still something about them that makes you wanna root for 'em against the odds. I dunno, I've always been an Angels fan, but a Dodgers fan second. I'd like to see them get good again someday.

...of course I'd also like to see the Cubs win the World Series in my lifetime...This is going to be a fun NFL season. - Page 2 58193

Edit: Jay, This is going to be a fun NFL season. - Page 2 58193 needs to be fixed.

I like to divide it up by north and south / NL and AL. Northern California is my NL team (Giants), and Souther is my AL team (Angels). I also always root for the Jays too. Only Canadian team, and they always seem just on the cusp of greatness. Usually with only one or two small missing pieces. Still remember when they won it all back in 92 / 93.

I'd like to say that the Jays belong to the toughest division in the league, and that's why they don't make it to the post season more. Sadly I'm not sure that's the truth any longer - the AL West seems far and away the most challenging this year.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:43 am

Turbojett wrote:
Talon wrote:
Just saw that. Apparently, it came down to the refs getting a pension and a 4% raise. Wow... seriously, Goodell? What an asshole.

In the end, the NFL was battling over $3.3 million per year in pension payouts. That was a meager $103,125 per team per year for a $9 billion-plus industry.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--nfl-gives-into-public-pressure-and-does-right-thing-by-bringing-back-regular-officials.html
4%?

I think they should have held out for more. Make it 10% now. They had the support of everyone but Goodell from what I can tell - and rightly so. The more horrible calls the substitute refs made the more they should have upped their request. 1% per shitty call, something like that.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:02 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Turbojett wrote:
Talon wrote:

4%?

I think they should have held out for more. Make it 10% now. They had the support of everyone but Goodell from what I can tell - and rightly so. The more horrible calls the substitute refs made the more they should have upped their request. 1% per shitty call, something like that.

I agree.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:12 pm

So are they going to credit the Packers for the win or not? Pretty sure the rules allow it.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:28 pm

No. The rules allow it, but it would set a dangerous precedent. If they allow it, then any time someone lost a game where there was a shitty call, they'd whine and bitch and moan and say, "You did this for the Packers! Not fair!" even if the shitty call had a questionable impact. The only time you'd ever see that rule invoked is if there was clear evidence that throughout an entire game, the officials were completely trying to bury one of the teams or fix the game.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:28 pm

Wouldn't it be funny if that one extra loss stopped them from getting in the playoffs?
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:54 pm

clockbreaker wrote:Wouldn't it be funny if that one extra loss stopped them from getting in the playoffs?

Yeah, but that wouldn't bother me too much. Everyone's susceptible to bad calls. And like Talon mentioned earlier. They had an entire game to put away Seattle. They didn't do it sufficiently well. Definitely sucks, but it happens. As long as the bad calls are consistent for both teams - it's like the strike zone. An ump can make it as big or as small as he likes. Hell, change it throughout the game. Just make sure you're calling it the same for both teams.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:36 pm

thewalrus wrote: I also always root for the Jays too. Only Canadian team...

lol expos.
This is going to be a fun NFL season. - Page 2 200px-Washington_Nationals_Cap_Insig.svg

sorry. couldn't resist.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:00 pm

I used to root for the Expos for some weird reason. I was pissed about the strike in '94, because the Expos finally had the best record in baseball at the time, and then blip...season gone. And soon so was the team.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:45 am

well, i think they moved to Washington in like 04 or 05. so like ten years.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:05 am

Turbojett wrote:well, i think they moved to Washington in like 04 or 05. so like ten years.

Yeah, but in that 10 years, the Expos never sniffed the playoffs again.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:55 am

Wow the Bears shut down the Cowboys last night. I'm not holding my breath though. When they start consistently winning, I will definitely be talking about the Playoffs.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:24 am

Romo = WAY overrated.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:57 am

The cowboys have been overrated pretty much my entire lifetime.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:52 am

Haha that's all she wrote for you Dodgers, eh Turbo? Are the Angels out for good too? Here's hoping the Athletics make it far - Battle of the Bay II would be awesome.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:35 pm

Turbojett wrote:The cowboys have been overrated pretty much my entire lifetime.

They've won a couple SBs in your lifetime... :shrug:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:03 pm

Yeah wtf? The 90s cowboys were awesome.

Last edited by clockbreaker on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:06 pm

As far as salary goes though Romo is underpaid. Michael Vick makes more than him but Id much rather have Romo on the Eagles. Better player and not a dog killer.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:10 pm

I don't think Romo is meeting his potential. He's no Peyton Manning but he could probably get to the level of Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees with the right coach/team.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:09 pm

Talon wrote:
Turbojett wrote:The cowboys have been overrated pretty much my entire lifetime.

They've won a couple SBs in your lifetime... :shrug:
clockbreaker wrote:Yeah wtf? The 90s cowboys were awesome.
as a 49ers fan most of my life:
SO WHAT?

I mean I liked Troy Aikman okay, but that's about it. Honestly I think I'd root for the Packers first.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by zdc_LarryRX Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:55 pm

LOL Jets vs Patriots :edgeofmyseat:
zdc_LarryRX
zdc_LarryRX
My mind is littered with anguish, much like the board is littered with my posts.
My mind is littered with anguish, much like the board is littered with my posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:54 am

The part where Sanchez ran into his own lineman's ass, dropped the ball, fell down, had the lineman fall on top of him as a Patriot scooped and scored...that was hilarious.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:25 am

This is going to be a fun NFL season. - Page 2 Cowboysfieldgoal
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLightedPath Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:00 am

Go jags! Oh..wait..
TheLightedPath
TheLightedPath
Guess I'm still Ray Bolger.
Guess I'm still Ray Bolger.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:28 pm

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:38 pm

FUCK YEAH 49ERS! :talon2: :talon2: touchdown

Looking right now like the Pats are who they're gonna be playing against. They can fucking suck it. This is the Superbowl the Niners deserved last year. I home they smear NE into the ground.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:47 pm

Patriots haven't won yet. There could still be a Harbaugh bowl.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:49 pm

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA YES
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:08 pm

HOLY SHIT. They went from one TD in the third and rallied to win it. that's freakin awesome! that's how you play football.

Still rooting for the 49ers though. lol :cheers:
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:23 pm

Me too...I can't stand the Ravens, but I was a huge Raven fan tonight.

Wanna see Jim Harbaugh win the Super Bowl. The 49ers have an awesome team.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:38 am

yeah, haven't been this good since the Steve Young years.
I might actually get excited about football again.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:03 am

ravens are going to win.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:50 am

fuck that dude.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:20 am

Holy LOL this is great

This is going to be a fun NFL season. - Page 2 Ilgzh7ezL0V8b
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:09 pm

San Francisco has all major sports titles this year. MLB, NFL, NBA and that other one.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:37 pm

JaysonAych wrote:Holy LOL this is great

This is going to be a fun NFL season. - Page 2 Ilgzh7ezL0V8b

haha that is EPIC :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:30 am

thewalrus wrote:San Francisco has all major sports titles this year. MLB, NFL, NBA and that other one.

Wow, I didn't know San Francisco had an NBA team. Did Oakland decide to share theirs?

JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next