Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wally, seriously WTF is going on in Quebec?

+5
JaysonAych
Talon
1300ZUK
VS
SBF
9 posters

Go down

Wally, seriously WTF is going on in Quebec?  Empty Wally, seriously WTF is going on in Quebec?

Post by SBF Wed May 30, 2012 2:33 am

Fucking Students. I just want to rent a couple bulldozers and not look back when I read shit like this.

"The AFEA-UQAM suggests that the C.L.A.S.S.E. (the student federation the faculty belongs to) organize a weekend of disruptions in order to cancel the Formula 1 Grand Prix and its jet-set events of June 8-10 which represent sexist, anti-environmental, elitist and economic values that must be abolished."

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20120528/grand-prix-montreal-disruption-120528/
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Wally, seriously WTF is going on in Quebec?  Empty Re: Wally, seriously WTF is going on in Quebec?

Post by VS Wed May 30, 2012 1:34 pm

Yeah, F1 is the cause of sexism, global warming and poverty.
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Wally, seriously WTF is going on in Quebec?  Empty Re: Wally, seriously WTF is going on in Quebec?

Post by 1300ZUK Wed May 30, 2012 8:34 pm

Do students really not have anything better to do in Canada?

1300ZUK
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Wed May 30, 2012 9:01 pm

F1 > Canada
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu May 31, 2012 1:19 am

Protesting F1 when they tried to run in Bahrain after the brutal crackdowns on people there is a worthy cause. Protesting a race in which a few powerful people in the country stand to make tons of money while ordinary citizens are being killed and beaten and oppressed by the government is certainly worthwhile.

Targeting F1 for protests because they're running in a province that is doing some minor tuition increases is nothing like that whatsoever. It's ridiculous and makes their cause look absolutely laughable.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu May 31, 2012 9:43 am

Go back to drinking and fucking, morons.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Thu May 31, 2012 10:33 am

Lolz. These guys have been protesting and disrupting everything for so long now. I forget when it started. They still have the cheapest tuition in the country.....
millertime
millertime
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Thu May 31, 2012 3:13 pm

Yeah, you guys are right. There's nothing more important than an F1 race.

Rolling Eyes

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/david-suzuki/quebec-student-protests_b_1554191.html?ref=canada
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu May 31, 2012 7:57 pm

Fuck I hate these guys so much. Even out here I keep seeing idiots around campus sporting those stupid red squares.

I just love how they're referring to themselves as the "Quebec Spring" or some shit now - trying to tie themselves in with the (genuinely brave and righteous) Arab Spring and Prague Spring. Because, yes, still paying the cheapest tuition rates in Canada is directly comparable to protesting against an arbitrary and violent regime that would kill, or torture, you as soon as look at you.

bah! I hope they all get run over by Michael Schumacher.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down