Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom

+7
1300ZUK
JaysonAych
SBF
Pennzoil GT-R
Tailhappy
Dodge
Les_Vipers_rule
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom Empty Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:08 pm

2013 Viper

Shown at the NYC Auto Show reveals the 2013 Viper. AWESOME is the first word that comes to mind and IMO the most beautiful sports coupe today. Them Dodge boys knocked it out of the park.

Now if I can only get those winning lotto numbers. :lol: :talon2:
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom Empty Re: Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom

Post by Dodge Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:08 pm

I like it, I like it a lot.
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom Empty Re: Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom

Post by Tailhappy Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:20 pm

The nose could be a tad narrower, or the front wheels a tad bigger, but me likey.

Just hope they don't water it down too much. I already see too much leather and luxury on the GTS model. Hopefully the base model is more "less is more" like the original.
Side windows? PSHAW.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:48 pm

Benfolio wrote:The nose could be a tad narrower, or the front wheels a tad bigger, but me likey.

Just hope they don't water it down too much. I already see too much leather and luxury on the GTS model. Hopefully the base model is more "less is more" like the original.
Side windows? PSHAW.

Dodge's website has the NYC launch video. 21.49 min. long and explains a lot about the new Viper. They really took an all out effort. The interior of the car now matches much the surely $100G+ price tag. The SRT Viper GTS will be the full optioned out model. The SRT Viper will be slightly less optioned out and a little bit different cosmetics in the hood area. According to the launch video it will have one of the highest power to weight ratios of any regular manufactured car in the world and the highest specific torque of a NA engine.
It uses special Pirrelli tires to it too.

It will be built at the updated Conner St. plant in Detroit.

It won't sell in high volume and won't make much bucks but it gives Chrysler namely Dodge credibility and will help sell lots of other Chryco cars/trucks

They chose to not go with an Italian chassis but re-engineer the last US chassis, significantly stiffening it and the total car weight is 100 lbs lighter that the 2010 version. Even more with the track pack.

I can hardly wait to read reviews on it.

OBTW Forza gamers will have this car in availability too.

I can't stop looking at this most gorgeous machine wub wub wub
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:20 am

love the rear and rear 3/4 shot but they screwed the front end up imo. looks kit-car ish.

i wonder what price point they'll aim it at.

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:39 am

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:love the rear and rear 3/4 shot but they screwed the front end up imo. looks kit-car ish.

i wonder what price point they'll aim it at.

I'm pretty confident that it'll be in the $100G or more range. The last version pushed $100G and this one looks to one up it.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:56 am

I don't really care for the front. The extra hood vents with the original style scoop is just too much.

The rear end however. :saynomore:

Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom 2013-Dodge-SRT-Viper-rear
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:56 am

The front end definitely looks better from some angles than others, but it's growing on me. It's a bit too busy and the headlights don't look aggressive enough.

The rest of the car is sexy, and it looks like it finally has a decent interior.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:23 am

SBF wrote:I don't really care for the front. The extra hood vents with the original style scoop is just too much.

The rear end however. :saynomore:

Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom 2013-Dodge-SRT-Viper-rear

Dodge would figure you to like the rear end, because that's the end you and most of us will often see :lol: :cheers:
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:30 am

JaysonAych wrote:The front end definitely looks better from some angles than others, but it's growing on me. It's a bit too busy and the headlights don't look aggressive enough.

The rest of the car is sexy, and it looks like it finally has a decent interior.

Funny how different people are. Seriously to me it is the most beautiful car made today. BAR NONE!!! If I could I'd order one ASAP! :talon2:

I agree that it finally has an interior to truly match its price and status. The last version was close but still not there. Then again (and I think those Italians had something to say) Chryco products today have arguably the nicest interiors in their price /product categories of any car competing with each. I mean look at the new Dart, tell me that any other car in its price range has an interior better than it. Hyundai Elantra would probably be the closest to it.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:14 am

Hmm, I wonder if down the road they'll offer cheaper V8 versions to compete with lower end model Vettes.
Would make sense, and they could sell more Vipers.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:01 am

Benfolio wrote:Hmm, I wonder if down the road they'll offer cheaper V8 versions to compete with lower end model Vettes.
Would make sense, and they could sell more Vipers.

they dont want to sell vipers. they want to sell challengers and chargers that they actually make money off of.
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:48 pm

i would see them putting the V10 in lower end models, than putting lower end engine in high end model.

But there really is no use for a V10 in a challenger anymore if you look at the Big HEMI. So a Viper can stay a viper

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:32 pm

It is indeed badass. love every inch of it. especially the exposed carbon fiber in the grille and rear valence. And I love how the overall shape calls back to the SR generation. The B-pillar scoop is an interesting touch, but I've heard others say it's too much. nuts to 'em, though...
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:54 pm

I still think the first gen vipers look the coolest.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:23 pm

Turbojett wrote:It is indeed badass. love every inch of it. especially the exposed carbon fiber in the grille and rear valence. And I love how the overall shape calls back to the SR generation. The B-pillar scoop is an interesting touch, but I've heard others say it's too much. nuts to 'em, though...

Super cars are suppose to be "too much". Those that whine against such should just STFU and buy their dream family sedan, minivan or SUV :lol: . The Viper represents the American attitude and smack down that has made Vipers so cool and unique. Dodge never wanted the Viper to be a warmed over copy of any other car. The closet historic piece was originally the Shelby Cobra. 20+ years later the Viper keeps it smack down looks, in your face power, but has been refined enough to justify it $100+G price tag.

They will begin assembly by the last 1/4 in 2012. They will sell every Viper they make and will not need to discount it.

DAMMIT JUST GET ME THEM WINNING LOTTERY NUMBERS ^_^
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:19 am

I agree. Vipers are and have always been, badass, wild, and in-yer-face.
and SR-generation Vipers are welcomed at the Shelby Registry. the original RT/10 was a modern incarnation of the 427 Cobra roadsters and the GTS' were supposed to evoke the Daytona Coupes--and do so quite well, might I add; the original GTS coupes are still my favorites design-wise, but this new one may change that. I need to see more of it, and definitely in person.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:23 am

I mean JEEZ, just look at this thing.
Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom Dodge-SRT_Viper_GTS_2013_photo_04
:fap:
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:05 am

I'm not complaining except for the other hood vents, which are most likely functional, but still make the hood look weird.

Everything else looks awesome. I love that it looks the same as the original GTS. They executed the exhaust well. The nose looks menacing and the rear end is just perfect.

This car has virtually the same silhouette as a sexy woman.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:05 am

Turbojett wrote:I mean JEEZ, just look at this thing.
Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom Dodge-SRT_Viper_GTS_2013_photo_04
:fap:

I know, that's my current wall paper on my computer. wub wub wub
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:09 pm

mine too actually.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:16 am

Mine

Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom Dt10
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:57 am

Nice. Love the headlights. Very snake-like.

Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:48 pm

I just wanted to futz around with the front end to make it a bit more aggressive...bigger headlights, different grille, removed a couple of lines...meh.

Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom Vipers10
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:45 am

I like the fangs, Jay. very agressive.

speaking of Photoshops, somebody showed me this one today. Pretty bitchin.
Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom 46335710
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:03 am

I like that TJ.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:22 am

Found a cool running video with lots of beauty shots.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:27 am

a few (by my standards) choice caps make for good wallpapers.
Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom Viper110
Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom Viper210
Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom Viper310
Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom Viper410
Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom Viper510
Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom Viper610
Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom Viper710
Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom Viper810
Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom Viper910
Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom Viper111
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:32 am

(you can just edit out the playback bar on that third one...)
Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom Viper112
Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom Viper113
Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom Viper114
Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom Viper115
Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom Viper116
Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom Viper117
Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom Viper118
Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom Viper119
Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom Viper120
Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom Viper211
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:28 am

Cool, Turbojet.

The video and your supplied pics only makes this Viper that much more stunning.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:55 pm

I like that they kept the Viper CHMSL.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:43 pm

SBF wrote:I like that they kept the Viper CHMSL.

Yeah and I like the re-stylized Viper head, with it turning back towards itself.

The new Viper hi-lights at how Chryco has really turned a coin in recent years. Maybe their best complete line up of cars they have ever made and model for model, dollar for dollar as good as any competitors cars IMO. :talon2:
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:02 am

Yeah, it's back. packing lots of venom 2013-SRT-Viper-GTS-R-9
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:05 pm

Still a V10 I presume? How much power?
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:16 pm

clockbreaker wrote:Still a V10 I presume? How much power?

Did you bother clicking the link in Les's post, numbnuts?
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:34 pm

Its not loading...
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:25 pm

That's too bad, because it's a good 8,600 words* worth of information on the car.

*Yes, I copy/pasted into Word to count; no I am not posting it here to encourage your laziness and horrible internet. -_-
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:56 pm

Now it works, 640hp, nice.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:45 pm

clockbreaker wrote:Now it works, 640hp, nice.

Yep 640 bhp and 600lbs/ft of stump pulling torque from that 8.4L V-10.

You could probably keep it in 4th. gear all day long and never have up or down shift with all that torque in daily driving mode. :lol:
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:25 am

SBF wrote:I like that they kept the Viper CHMSL.
That's always been my favorite part of all the Viper coupes. I was glad they kept it on the ZB, and I'm glad they kept it on this one.

...what is this one's chassis named, anyway?
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next