Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I think I'm having a midlife crisis

+3
Honor
JaysonAych
SBF
7 posters

Go down

So I think I'm having a midlife crisis Empty So I think I'm having a midlife crisis

Post by SBF Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:37 pm

Well actually a nerdy midlife crisis. I have decided that I am going to acquire a YJ Wrangler and paint it up like the Jurassic Park Wranglers. Ever since I read about one on Autoblog the other day for sale on eBay, I have been obsessed. I even found a forum dedicated to Jurassic Park Jeeps. The people who are currently building them are doing exact replicas and they are awesome. This is something I have wanted to do for a while.

There is a guy on the Something Awful forums (Jay probably knows who he is) who did an exact build and has some great pictures.

So I think I'm having a midlife crisis 1IMG_0792
So I think I'm having a midlife crisis 3499764386_77215c13d8_o
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

So I think I'm having a midlife crisis Empty Re: So I think I'm having a midlife crisis

Post by JaysonAych Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:05 am

I don't know the guy from SA, but I found his SA thread on the JP Jeep after reading the Autoblog article.

It may be a nerdy midlife crisis, but the paintjob plus the equipment always did look good on those Wranglers.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

So I think I'm having a midlife crisis Empty Re: So I think I'm having a midlife crisis

Post by Honor Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:38 am

I always wanted to make an ecto-1, but that would be tough.
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:26 pm

an explorer would be cooler

That also looks like a mile marker winch, i think the one in the movie had a Ramsey. ^_^

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:48 am

1300ZUK wrote:an explorer would be cooler

That also looks like a mile marker winch, i think the one in the movie had a Ramsey. ^_^

It is supposed to be a Ramsey. He couldn't find one for a descent price before he bought the Mile Marker.

Also the guy who just sold his Jeep on Ebay is building an Explorer. His Jeep was a replica of the one Dennis Nedry drove and got stuck on a log. His is very accurate right down to the Jabsco lights.

So I think I'm having a midlife crisis Newtires
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:11 am

clockbreaker wrote:I always wanted to make an ecto-1, but that would be tough.
Not many '59 Cadillac wambulances running around.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:52 pm

You could do what they guy did that built the jeep in the first pics I posted, use a Dodge Magnum!

So I think I'm having a midlife crisis Cmc4
So I think I'm having a midlife crisis Cmc5
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:18 pm

Or I could make my subaru into a mini version :roflmao:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:20 pm

Is that KITT a full conversion with monitors, buttons, and steering "wheel"?
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:02 pm

Don't know
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:10 pm

clockbreaker wrote:Or I could make my subaru into a mini version :roflmao:

He actually had a Subaru Legacy wagon with all the Ecto-1 stuff. He just transferred it over Magnum.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:02 am

we got all sorts of issues going on here.

So I think I'm having a midlife crisis 849_9223944933
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:19 am

Now if they can recreate the siren noise that would fucking rule.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:37 am

SBF wrote:
clockbreaker wrote:Or I could make my subaru into a mini version :roflmao:

He actually had a Subaru Legacy wagon with all the Ecto-1 stuff. He just transferred it over Magnum.

:hmmm:
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:20 pm

clockbreaker wrote:Now if they can recreate the siren noise that would fucking rule.

If you look online, you can find recordings of the actual tapes used for the sound effect in the movie, and then you can play those files through a loudspeaker electronically. The sound was completely synthesized, and didn't actually come out of any siren.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:46 pm

General Lee, yes please. The rest, nah.
ryguy79
ryguy79
I'm so weary and tired of the world's weariness and tiredness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down