Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camaro ZL1

+3
thewalrus
Dodge
Turbojett
7 posters

Go down

Camaro ZL1 Empty Camaro ZL1

Post by Turbojett Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:28 pm

550hp LSA S'charged V8. Yeah, you already know. I just thought I'd take this opportunity to mention just how badass it is.
Camaro ZL1 Chevrolet-Camaro_ZL1_2012_photo_02
Camaro ZL1 Chevrolet-Camaro_ZL1_2012_photo_04
Camaro ZL1 Chevrolet-Camaro_ZL1_2012_photo_0f
Turbojett
Turbojett
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Camaro ZL1 Empty Re: Camaro ZL1

Post by Dodge Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:39 pm

about time they started rolling out with high performance models..and high performance it is
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:55 pm

You have to respect how this site has retained at least some vestigial elements of an actual car forum.
thewalrus
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:09 pm

also, I love the new charger, every single bit of it, and an awd version to boot!
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:10 am

I like the new Camaro in any flavour especially this one though. I prefer the Challenger more but the Mustang is probably the best of the three in an all around ideal. Still I'd take this Camaro here or any of the new Pony cars today.

I love how we still get some "In Yer Face Macho Action" and don't have to look, hear, read only about the freaking Prius, Leaf, and Electric Focus etc. UGH! Worse to listen to their often uppity, self righteous, hypocritical owners.

To think these modern pony cars would kick the ass of their late 60's early 70's brothers and still if you drive granny-like get decent fuel economy and the engines are so much better in terms of emissions given the power they all make now.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:15 am

Dodge wrote:also, I love the new charger, every single bit of it, and an awd version to boot!

I too like the new Charger. The tail lights look great. Too bad it does not offer the 6 speed manual though.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:26 am

the new SRT8 does.
scratch that. the paddle-shifters seem nice, but five cogs is just not enough. can't imagine it'd help the fuel consumption any either.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:38 am

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:I love how we still get some "In Yer Face Macho Action" and don't have to look, hear, read only about the freaking Prius, Leaf, and Electric Focus etc. UGH! Worse to listen to their often uppity, self righteous, hypocritical owners.

WAH WAH WAH. Also, uppity? Really? Self-righteous? Nothing is more self righteous and hypocritical and accusing an entire group of people - based on nothing more than the kind of car they own - of being self righteous and hypocritical.

thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:28 pm

...and T-minus 3.5 hrs. to complete implosion
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:47 pm

Turbojett wrote:...and T-minus 3.5 hrs. to complete implosion

hehehe - this forum needs some life man. Nothing like a good Les argument to jump start things. He's like the defibrillator of forums.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:07 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:I love how we still get some "In Yer Face Macho Action" and don't have to look, hear, read only about the freaking Prius, Leaf, and Electric Focus etc. UGH! Worse to listen to their often uppity, self righteous, hypocritical owners.

WAH WAH WAH. Also, uppity? Really? Self-righteous? Nothing is more self righteous and hypocritical and accusing an entire group of people - based on nothing more than the kind of car they own - of being self righteous and hypocritical.

Often uppity, self righteous and hypocritical Wally, that is what I said and to meet many of them you will see I'm correct. They can put on a good show but too many of them if you scratch beneath the surface are two bit hypocrites trying to look like they HEART the Earth. Fuck most of them as most have not much of a clue as to their own likely lousy environmental footprint they each may have too.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:57 pm

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

Often uppity, self righteous and hypocritical Wally, that is what I said and to meet many of them you will see I'm correct. They can put on a good show but too many of them if you scratch beneath the surface are two bit hypocrites trying to look like they HEART the Earth. Fuck most of them as most have not much of a clue as to their own likely lousy environmental footprint they each may have too.

Simply using half-hearted qualifiers like "often" or "most" doesn't do anything to make your post less stereotypical.

Also, I have met a lot of people who drive cars like the Prius, and the Insight and my experience has shown you to be wrong.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:16 pm

I once got tailgated and flyby'd by a neon green prius with a body kit and driven by a white kid in a wife beater and a do-rag.
So yes, at least one of them is a total, complete douche.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:19 pm

So were they able to get the Camaro under two tons?
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:07 pm

doesn't say
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:13 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

Simply using half-hearted qualifiers like "often" or "most" doesn't do anything to make your post less stereotypical.

Also, I have met a lot of people who drive cars like the Prius, and the Insight and my experience has shown you to be wrong.

Oh I think not. You are likely duped by most of them and their I Heart The Earth Shit. I bet if you looked into how they likely live most aspects of their lives you will see that most of them are hypocritical and pompous assholes who think they are better than others and better stewards of the Earth because of the so called green car they drive.

Note to many greenies. In the USA alone 52% of your electricity is made by burning coal. The single most polluting thing that we burn on a large scale. Those minimal tail pipe emissions your Prius/Insight gives is just added to in output some 100-200-300 Kms. away from your home. But you all go on thinking based on the car you drive that you are somehow more deserving of social recognition and adoration. GO PUMP SAND to the most of ya!

And now back to REAL CARS FOLKS, driven by real people who are most of them likely better towards their eco footprint in all too many other ways than those noted in my paragraphs above.

Last edited by Les_Vipers_rule on Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:20 pm

Talon wrote:So were they able to get the Camaro under two tons?

I don't think it tops out at 2 tons, close but not quite. The Challenger though will tip the scales at 2 tons with the V-8. These cars are bigger than many would think. It would be nice if they could trim them down a bit but I think these cars just need the mass as engineered to deal with the power the engines have and the need for beefy transmissions that they too need.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:09 am

They did a comparo test in R&T a few months back and the test Camaro weighed over 4k.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/comparison/2010-chevrolet-camaro-ss-vs.-2011-ford-mustang-gt

Anyway, weight sucks. It kills everything: acceleration, braking, turning, braking, tire wear, etc.

If they could give it the hp and keep it around 3200, realistically, it would be a monster. Chevy was able to get the Z06 under 3k I believe.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:50 am

Supposedly according to Jalopnik, GM still has a Z/28 planned and it is going to be in the spirit of the original. So a light(er) weight Camaro with a high revving smaller displacement engine.

Considering it was originally a 302, I could see a hi-po V6 in place of the V8. All they need is some awesome suspension, LSD, and short-throw manual, they could have a winner.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:51 am

Talon wrote:They did a comparo test in R&T a few months back and the test Camaro weighed over 4k.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/comparison/2010-chevrolet-camaro-ss-vs.-2011-ford-mustang-gt

Anyway, weight sucks. It kills everything: acceleration, braking, turning, braking, tire wear, etc.

If they could give it the hp and keep it around 3200, realistically, it would be a monster. Chevy was able to get the Z06 under 3k I believe.

I agree with how weight robs ultimate performance but there is some reason why the Camaro and worse the Challenger are a bit of a fatty. They are pretty big cars. I'm not sure with where they can cut weight while keeping price still borderline affordable. The top models are already pretty pricey for the market segment they sell in. Most buyers will not want to decontent them to save some pounds. Aluminum parts cost more to make and use But I'd too like to see some pounds come off these cars.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:19 pm

Turbojett wrote: Yeah, you already know.

Actually, I didn't. But I really don't pay much attention to cars anymore.
ryguy79
ryguy79
I'm so weary and tired of the world's weariness and tiredness.

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:24 pm

qalso, fuq a prius. Since I got my Bianchi, I ride my bike for errands within a few miles of home, except when the roads are too icy. groceries, bank, post office, even band practice. Thankfully the drummer has a nice tele and a vintage fender musicmaster amp so I don't have to take any gear except a few pedals.
ryguy79
ryguy79
I'm so weary and tired of the world's weariness and tiredness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:56 pm

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:To think these modern pony cars would kick the ass of their late 60's early 70's brothers and still if you drive granny-like get decent fuel economy and the engines are so much better in terms of emissions given the power they all make now.
really, the pony cars of 10 years ago could handle their late-60's - early-70's counterparts with no problems.
These ARE the good old days, people. :cheers:
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:18 am

Turbojett wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:To think these modern pony cars would kick the ass of their late 60's early 70's brothers and still if you drive granny-like get decent fuel economy and the engines are so much better in terms of emissions given the power they all make now.
really, the pony cars of 10 years ago could handle their late-60's - early-70's counterparts with no problems.

Yeah, but sometimes I just like to not deal with all the computerized bullshit. Plus, cars were rude, crude, and to the point back then. I like that. Don't get me wrong, I like the new stuff and what they're capable of, but I still love me some good old American muscle cars.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:09 am

Turbojett wrote:

I agree. I was only making a point at how great the new models are given their 2011 era pricing.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:11 am

SBF wrote:
Turbojett wrote:

Yeah, but sometimes I just like to not deal with all the computerized bullshit. Plus, cars were rude, crude, and to the point back then. I like that. Don't get me wrong, I like the new stuff and what they're capable of, but I still love me some good old American muscle cars.

Yeah true a 69 Cuda given the Overhaulin (former t.v. show ) updated hot rodding job would be pretty kick ass too.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:08 pm

I love '69 'Cudas more than '70-'71's. If only you could get the '69 with the '70 engine...
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:44 pm

Turbojett wrote:I love '69 'Cudas more than '70-'71's. If only you could get the '69 with the '70 engine...

Yeah however most any year Cuda would be fine esp. if one wants to do a modern performance update to one. Get Chip Foose to help you out and I bet any Cuda would look and perform great.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:06 pm

..for an arm, a leg, a testicle, and your first-born child.
but a '69 'Cuda with an SRT motor would be sick.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:08 pm

and WTF are we talking about Mopars for in a Camaro thread??
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:36 am

Turbojett wrote:and WTF are we talking about Mopars for in a Camaro thread??

Because they are pony cars.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down