Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The difference between America and Pakistan

2 posters

Go down

The difference between America and Pakistan Empty The difference between America and Pakistan

Post by Swerve Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:15 am

In America if someone tries to assassinate a moderate politician, the majority question whether politics have become too divisive and if gun rules are too relaxed.

In Pakistan if someone assassinates a moderate politician, the majority congratulate the assassin and claim the politician got what he deserved.

This sort of thing reinforces that there is still a difference between a first world country in trouble and a third world country that's permanently fucked.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

The difference between America and Pakistan Empty Re: The difference between America and Pakistan

Post by The_Edge Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:00 pm

Swerve wrote:In America if someone tries to assassinate a moderate politician, the majority question whether politics have become too divisive and if gun rules are too relaxed.

In Pakistan if someone assassinates a moderate politician, the majority congratulate the assassin and claim the politician got what he deserved.

This sort of thing reinforces that there is still a difference between a first world country in trouble and a third world country that's permanently fucked.

I agree with you. And this same train of thought made me see the difference between the 1st world countries and the rest.

Now, though, my whole view is getting shaken and I have new, worrysome thoughts. Everything nowadays is china this, china that, india this, india that. In theory, according to many, these two countries are lined up to be the next big thing (and some say that brazil will gain a huge power too, but I lol@that idea).

Seriously? They're not civilized at all. You see, in some countries, when you see a red stop light, you stop. When you read "do not _____", you don't. Those countries typically were first world, and the countries where the red stop light is a "suggestion" and where "do not _____" means nothing, would not progress. To my surprise, china and india are HUGE on things like not stopping at red lights, ignoring signs, etc.

I know you understand what I mean by "stopping at the red light" and following the "do not ____" signs. It's much more than that. It's a way of thinking, a way of being civilized or not. I just don't understand how now many of the more civilized countries (think france? england? japan? etc) seem to become irrelevant, while the "upcoming superpowers" like india, china, etc are well... not.

The_Edge
The_Edge
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down