Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts and Opinions, Colvindesign help needed

+7
Turbojett
Tailhappy
Swerve
JaysonAych
Dodge
SBF
1300ZUK
11 posters

Go down

Thoughts and Opinions, Colvindesign help needed Empty Thoughts and Opinions, Colvindesign help needed

Post by 1300ZUK Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:47 pm

I'm thinking of Painting the "chrome" bumpers of my truck with Bedliner coating, so it they would just be black. But i kind of think the existing plastic trim pieces would look like shit with that combination.

Thoughts and Opinions, Colvindesign help needed DSCF0432

Rear end i know would look better, this way but the front is kind of an eye sore

Thoughts and Opinions, Colvindesign help needed DSCF0282

I'll Most likely be getting either factory alloys or just basic black steelies for it soon.

1300ZUK
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Thoughts and Opinions, Colvindesign help needed Empty Re: Thoughts and Opinions, Colvindesign help needed

Post by SBF Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:00 am

I like it with the Chrome bumpers, 98% of tundras have painted bumpers.
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Thoughts and Opinions, Colvindesign help needed Empty Re: Thoughts and Opinions, Colvindesign help needed

Post by Dodge Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:04 am

agreed, keep the chrome. ditch the wheels
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:08 am

Actually, If you found the chrome grille, then the bumper wouldn't look so out of place.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:23 am

The rear end looks okay as is, but I see what you're saying about the garishness of the front bumper. If you got chrome wheels, it would all go well, I think.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:49 am

Chrome - or at least black - grille is what's needed.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:54 am

Wrap it in RealTree
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:10 pm

or get a body-color bumper piece on the front. the rear could stand to be black plastic with that. of course as was said before Chrome wheels and none of that really matters.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:16 pm

You guys are forgetting that Chrome belongs on Buicks and vehicles belt before the first Bush was president. Woe

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:42 pm

at least take the hubcaps off.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:14 pm

Turbojett wrote:at least take the hubcaps off.

It looks worse with them off.

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:57 am

1300ZUK wrote:You guys are forgetting that Chrome belongs on Buicks and vehicles belt before the first Bush was president. Woe

I don't agree with this. Chrome belongs on trucks, but only in 3 places; the bumpers, wheels, and grille. Emblems don't count, that's expected. Any aftermarket accesories like a bull bar or bed mounted light bar, can be chrome as well, as long as it's not overkill.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:44 pm

looking at it, it might look better with chorme wing mirrors

or with the chrome bumpers being painted bumper black.

but even then, it'd still look like a shittyy old mans mobile
ascona
ascona

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:27 am

Why is a pickup truck so soft-edged? It's really annoying and how could Toyota get the Hilux right year after year and then stuff up a clone of their own model?

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:56 am

i agree, that just might be the blandest looking vehicle ever.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:36 pm

you bought a fucking old man truck. just roll with it.
ryguy79
ryguy79
I'm so weary and tired of the world's weariness and tiredness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:05 pm

ryguy79 wrote:you bought a fucking old man truck. just roll with it.

this
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:19 pm

That truck would have been better with a shortbed, but Toyota didn't sell them like that.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:47 pm

ryguy79 wrote:you bought a fucking old man truck. just roll with it.

I'm actually kind of leaning with this idea. But the exhaust has to go :lol:

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Stan McKay Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:03 pm

Again - this is an old man truck. Don't get the two confused.
Thoughts and Opinions, Colvindesign help needed IMG_7767

Stan McKay
Why hast [INSERT DEITY HERE] forsaken me?

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:05 pm

painting them black is your only real option. and get rid of the 92-style 3 spoke wheels..
ascona
ascona

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:15 pm

Stan McKay wrote:Again - this is an old man truck. Don't get the two confused.
Thoughts and Opinions, Colvindesign help needed IMG_7767

yeah that truck has class, aside from the Ohio License plate.

Mine has no class, it's a Jap Truck made in Indiana.

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Stan McKay Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:44 pm

It's getting ready to revisit its Kentucky roots and previous owner next weekend when I take this home.
Thoughts and Opinions, Colvindesign help needed IMG_8228

Stan McKay
Why hast [INSERT DEITY HERE] forsaken me?

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:21 pm

ascona wrote:painting them black is your only real option. and get rid of the 92-style 3 spoke wheels..

Yeah WTF was Toyota thinking? Fucking 3-spoke wheel covers. :wheeee:
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down