Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't quite put my finger on it...

+8
LX-R
Bluntman
JaysonAych
Tailhappy
SBF
1300ZUK
Hey Underpants
xtine
12 posters

Go down

I can't quite put my finger on it... Empty I can't quite put my finger on it...

Post by xtine Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:56 pm

... but something is off about this meal.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2010/0303101finger1.html

MARCH 3--Ronald Neilly was working at an International House of Pancakes in Hallandale, Florida one Sunday morning when he accidentally cut off a fingertip while preparing an order. Neilly, 35, was immediately rushed to a local hospital by Department of Fire Rescue workers. But the severed fingertip--nail intact--could not be located by his fellow kitchen employees.

Until, of course, it soon turned up in the fried chicken green salad being consumed by Nadine Robinson, 42, who was having brunch with her family after attending services at Calvary Chapel in Fort Lauderdale.

The repulsive IHOP episode, which has not been previously reported, occurred in November 2008 and has resulted in a lawsuit brought by Robinson and her family against the restaurant chain and Neilly (TSG learned of the incident when IHOP lawyers last month filed a federal court motion seeking to remove the case from a Broward County court). Robinson's negligence complaint alleges that the restaurant served her a "freshly severed finger tip that contained both freshly cut human flesh and blood." IHOP, she charges, did not cease operating after Neilly was injured while preparing her salad, adding that the eatery's actions exposed her and her teenage daughter Ashley (who shared some of the salad) to a variety of possible health problems.

After Hallandale cops were summoned to the restaurant, Robinson told them that she had bitten into a piece of salad that "had a rubbery texture." After spitting out the piece and inspecting it, Robinson "noticed that the unknown piece in her salad was the end of a finger tip which also had a piece of a finger nail attached to it." When police spoke to IHOP manager Robert Clarke, he told them of the Neilly accident, adding that he "did keep the plate and piece of finger in the back office." Two police representatives later responded to IHOP and photographed the remains of Robinson's meal, with Neilly's fingertip at the plate's center. The police evidence photos were provided after TSG filed a public records request.

I can't quite put my finger on it... 03031010

A subsequent inspection of the eatery by the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) resulted in the issuance of a "Serious" violation due to IHOP not requiring cooks "preparing food with knives in the kitchen area to use appropriate hand protection when exposed to hazards such as severe cuts, lacerations or punctures."

Robinson's lawsuit only cites damages in excess of $15,000. However, in a claim letter sent last year to an IHOP insurance carrier, Robinson's lawyers demanded an $18 million settlement payment to Robinson and her husband, and $2.5 million for the couple's 14-year-old daughter. IHOP has yet to answer the complaint, apart from seeking last month to have the matter removed to federal court.

:eww: :eww: :eww:
xtine
xtine
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

I can't quite put my finger on it... Empty Re: I can't quite put my finger on it...

Post by Hey Underpants Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:20 pm

They should be so lucky, that fingertip was better than any of the other garbage they serve at an ihop.
Hey Underpants
Hey Underpants
1981: Indonesian vessel Tamponas 2 capsizes. 580 people die on a ship named for a tampon. : (

Back to top Go down

I can't quite put my finger on it... Empty Re: I can't quite put my finger on it...

Post by 1300ZUK Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:32 pm

I prefer ihop over waffle house.

1300ZUK
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:34 pm

Fuck you, waffle house is fucking awesome. Especially when you are drunk
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:04 pm

Fuck you, I have to drive to IL for the nearest Waffle House.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:10 am

For the longest time, Waffle House was called Waffle & Steak in Indiana due to a trademark issue with a restaurant that was already operating under the name Waffle House.

I love Waffle House/Waffle and Steak/Whatever the Fuck It's Called.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluntman Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:31 am

How about Roscoe's Chicken And Waffles. I have not ate there, but it is real popular. I wonder how the concept came about.
I can't quite put my finger on it... 3568675195_d45b98fd25
Bluntman
Bluntman

Back to top Go down

Post by LX-R Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:12 am

Benfolio wrote:Fuck you, I have to drive to IL for the nearest Waffle House.

Where in Illinois? way the fuck down south?

LX-R
Why hast [INSERT DEITY HERE] forsaken me?

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:37 am

I dislike waffles and pancakes. They are merely a vessel for maple syrup, which i don't care for either. Give me french toast.
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:32 pm

waffles are pretty great. but informed sources have told me what you call "waffle" aren't actually waffles, but just a slimy disgusting thing that slightly resembles one.
ascona
ascona

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:19 pm

There is a belgian waffle truck here that drives around, it's supposed to be awesome but i've never tried it.
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLightedPath Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:06 pm

Im not a fan of maple syrup. However different flavored syrups are acceptable. Or blueberry pancakes.
TheLightedPath
TheLightedPath
Guess I'm still Ray Bolger.
Guess I'm still Ray Bolger.

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:39 pm

VS wrote:There is a belgian waffle truck here that drives around, it's supposed to be awesome but i've never tried it.

when my brother was in the US, he went to a belgian waffle house with his overseas mates, and he was disgusted, even though his mates thought it was one of the best waffles they've ever eaten..
ascona
ascona

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:32 pm

Waffle House wub

All the IHOPs in the world could burn down and that would be fine by me. Last time I went there, I sent my pancakes back three times because they only tasted like bacon fat. Not a good combination. I finally just gave up and drank some coffee instead.

Maple syrup is awesome. You heathens can go to hell.
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:57 am

I make these lightly fried pancakes sometimes. theyre orgasmic. waffles and french toast rule too. easily my favorite breakfast foods followed by eggs, bacon, and bagels.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:00 am

xtine wrote:Waffle House wub

All the IHOPs in the world could burn down and that would be fine by me. Last time I went there, I sent my pancakes back three times because they only tasted like bacon fat. Not a good combination. I finally just gave up and drank some coffee instead.

Maple syrup is awesome. You heathens can go to hell.

last time i was at ihop was about 5 years ago. i got the banana walnut pancakes. they werent bad, but i thought they would be better. if you want the best pancakes/waffles though you have to go to little independent places, not the big chains. i guess that's pretty much true with any type of food though.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hey Underpants Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:15 am

What happened to cooking your own damn food?
Hey Underpants
Hey Underpants
1981: Indonesian vessel Tamponas 2 capsizes. 580 people die on a ship named for a tampon. : (

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down