Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aris, getcha guillotine ready

5 posters

Go down

Aris, getcha guillotine ready Empty Aris, getcha guillotine ready

Post by JaysonAych Wed May 27, 2009 2:27 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090527/ts_nm/us_korea_north

SEOUL (Reuters) – North Korea, facing international sanction for this week's nuclear test, threatened on Wednesday to attack the South after Seoul joined a U.S.-led initiative to check vessels suspected of carrying equipment for weapons of mass destruction.

A North Korean army spokesman also said the country was no longer bound by the armistice signed at the end of the 1950-53 Korean War because Washington had ignored its responsibility as a signatory by drawing South Korea into its naval initiative.

The threat comes after South Korean media reported earlier that Pyongyang had restarted a plant that makes weapons-grade plutonium.

"Any hostile act against our peaceful vessels including search and seizure will be considered an unpardonable infringement on our sovereignty and we will immediately respond with a powerful military strike," the spokesman for the North's army was quoted as saying by the official KCNA news agency.

South Korea announced on Tuesday it was joining the naval exercise, called the Proliferation Security Initiative.

Pyongyang also appeared to have fired a third short-range missile late on Tuesday after it added to tensions with a launch of two others earlier in the day, the South's Yonhap news agency quoted a unnamed government source as saying.

Likely bullshit posturing, but getting pretty provocative, even for Kim Jong-Il.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Aris, getcha guillotine ready Empty Re: Aris, getcha guillotine ready

Post by VS Wed May 27, 2009 10:29 am

NK is like the underappreciated stepchild of the world. They are just acting out because they want to be part of all the cool-kid clubs, and want another cute country to notice them. They'll probably end up dying trying to ride their metaphorical bike on the traintracks of life.
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed May 27, 2009 10:57 am

Hopefully they are just blowing smoke up our asses. The scary thing about them is that I wouldn't be that surprised if they used the fucking nukes.
Omni
Omni
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed May 27, 2009 11:06 am

It's definitely bullshit posturing. My guess is that Kim Jong Il is on his death bed and they're trying not to show any weakness now that the dear leader is dieing.

DIEING
thewalrus
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed May 27, 2009 11:08 am

Omni wrote:Hopefully they are just blowing smoke up our asses. The scary thing about them is that I wouldn't be that surprised if they used the fucking nukes.

See, I would. They're an old school Communist dictatorship. They don't give a shit whether America lives or dies, or Americans live or die. They just want to exist. Ideally they want S. Korea. But they're rational enough to want to continue to live in this plane (pane?) of existence, and they know that using nukes - even just one - even just on S. Korea - is a good way to prevent that from happening.

Last edited by thewalrus on Wed May 27, 2009 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed May 27, 2009 11:27 am

I guess it's just wishful thinking on my part :classicsad:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Thu May 28, 2009 2:37 am

i think the time is ripe for a lot of good NK-themed spy movies.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down