Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what did this guy do with his money?

5 posters

Go down

So what did this guy do with his money? Empty So what did this guy do with his money?

Post by 1300ZUK Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:46 pm

http://freep.com/article/20090425/BUSINESS01/90425026/Investments+ride+on+fate+of+GM

seriously he was a project manager and 80% of his retirement was only 200K, and he threw that amount of money at GM 3 years ago.

WTF :grrr:

1300ZUK
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

So what did this guy do with his money? Empty Re: So what did this guy do with his money?

Post by Talon Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:01 pm

Booooooooooring
Talon
Talon
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

So what did this guy do with his money? Empty Re: So what did this guy do with his money?

Post by JaysonAych Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:06 pm

3 years ago, GM seemed like they were going to eventually climb out of the hole they were in with great upcoming product, but so many other things were fucked behind the scenes...I can see him maybe not forseeing that given his employment as a project manager.

But as good as things were looking over the very long term, GM was still shaky and had been for years. To not diversify much and throw 80% of your retirement money at them is just :undies:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:55 pm

nothing seemed as bad 3yrs ago.

honestly, the only safe investments are insured CDs and treasuries, but neither pays all that well. muni bonds are as close to bullet-proof as you can get, because they're usually insured, but if AIG is insuring your muni bonds, how safe do you feel now? uh...

have to be diversified, though. it's the only way to save your ass. otherwise, i say stick the cash in an insured bank account or under the mattress.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:17 pm

if all he had was 250K for his retirement he was/is pretty much fucked anyway.
millertime
millertime
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down