Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't watch The Office much, but...

+6
Olds
Aristotle
thewalrus
Bluntman
Spinal
JaysonAych
10 posters

Go down

Don't watch The Office much, but... Empty Don't watch The Office much, but...

Post by JaysonAych Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:12 pm

...saw the new show they premiered in between Office episodes called "Parks And Recreation," mainly because Amy Poehler is in it, and it's about a small Indiana town. I enjoyed it quite a bit...it's like "The Office" but in a government setting. I think it could be pretty decent.

"We were tasked with painting over graffiti penises when we ran out of funding. The visions of those penises we didn't get to still haunt me today. Especially one in particular."
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Don't watch The Office much, but... Empty Re: Don't watch The Office much, but...

Post by Spinal Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:10 pm

The Office nuked the fridge/jumped the shark awhile back.

It's just embarrassing to watch.
Spinal
Spinal
And so the woe continues.
And so the woe continues.

Back to top Go down

Don't watch The Office much, but... Empty Re: Don't watch The Office much, but...

Post by Bluntman Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:12 pm

Look at angry Wally :speedowethimself:
Don't watch The Office much, but... Angry_10
Bluntman
Bluntman
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:15 am

Spinal wrote:The Office nuked the fridge/jumped the shark awhile back.

I've only seen a few episodes. Never could really get into it. I love Steve Carrell and that guy who plays Dwight is awesome, but the show never grabbed me.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:41 am

JaysonAych wrote:
Spinal wrote:The Office nuked the fridge/jumped the shark awhile back.

I've only seen a few episodes. Never could really get into it. I love Steve Carrell and that guy who plays Dwight is awesome, but the show never grabbed me.

Yeah, that's like me. I even thought it was pretty funny the few times I watched it. But I was never motivated to tune in just to watch. Come to think of it, hardly any TV shows really appeal to me. I catch Family Guy when I can. And Seinfeld / Fraiser reruns. And Antiques Roadshow. But that's about it.
thewalrus
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:13 pm

the office is okay. the few i've seen were good, but sometimes it's just too over the top. they take common office jokes and try to take them to the next level, which is fine, but it gets tired after a while. most sitcoms do that shit, though. so much is just recycled humor.

i've enjoyed the tina fey/alex baldwin sitcom 30 rock the few times i've seen it, but i always forget when it's on.

i'll try to check out the amy poehler show. i like her.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:26 pm

i love the office. but parks and rec sucks, big time.
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:07 pm

THe office is one of the best shows on TV. Both my housemates love it two. One watched all 5 seasons over a couple of weeks finishing just last week and now my other housemate has watched up to half way through the 5th season in just the last week. Very Happy

Having said that the recent season hasn't been as strong as the rest.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:14 pm

dunnas wrote:THe office is one of the best shows on TV. Both my housemates love it two . One watched all 5 seasons over a couple of weeks finishing just last week and now my other housemate has watched up to half way through the 5th season in just the last week. Very Happy

Having said that the recent season hasn't been as strong as the rest.

:facepalm:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:45 pm

:lol:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:05 am

:smelly:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:46 am

The Office and 30 Rock are actually the first shows in a long time to make me laugh out loud. I haven't seen P&R yet, but I wanted to check it out. I utterly despise Kath & Kim though. I like Selma Blair, but I don't like her charachter, and that show is stupid to the point of ridiculousness.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by milleniahead Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:14 pm

the office is great. deadliest warrior is great. family guy is great.

30 rock is super fuckin whack heh.. Tina fey could get it tho
milleniahead
milleniahead
is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:53 pm

family guy sucks. it used to be funny, but now it's just a pop culture reference/remember that time/break into song and dance/time wasting tactics every 30 seconds. south park is where it's at nowadays.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:06 pm

Aristotle wrote:the office is okay. the few i've seen were good, but sometimes it's just too over the top. they take common office jokes and try to take them to the next level, which is fine, but it gets tired after a while. most sitcoms do that shit, though. so much is just recycled humor.

i've enjoyed the tina fey/alex baldwin sitcom 30 rock the few times i've seen it, but i always forget when it's on.

i'll try to check out the amy poehler show. i like her.

Yeah, and there's more than enough material in an everyday office setting to last for a decade of seasons without having to make the jokes even more absurd. There's something great about dark, subtle, biting, angry humor that's only a shade more absurd than everyday life.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down