Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank goodness GM, because we didn't know it was an Aveo

+4
Aristotle
thewalrus
JaysonAych
1300ZUK
8 posters

Go down

Thank goodness GM, because we didn't know it was an Aveo Empty Thank goodness GM, because we didn't know it was an Aveo

Post by 1300ZUK Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:38 pm

1300ZUK
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Thank goodness GM, because we didn't know it was an Aveo Empty Re: Thank goodness GM, because we didn't know it was an Aveo

Post by JaysonAych Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:32 pm

I hate that fucking thing and everything it stands for.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Thank goodness GM, because we didn't know it was an Aveo Empty Re: Thank goodness GM, because we didn't know it was an Aveo

Post by thewalrus Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:01 am

Who on earth would buy that over a Fit. Sweet Jesus. Besides Les I mean.
thewalrus
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:27 pm

i don't think it's that bad. i'd still rather pay the extra $$ and get a fit, though. those things are way more refined.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:36 pm

for a normal person it should go

Fit > Yaris > SX4 > Aveo

For me

SX4 > fit > Yaris > Aveo
obviously no matter how you cut it up the aveo is shit

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by spaced cowboy Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:06 pm

1300ZUK wrote:for a normal person it should go

Fit > Yaris > SX4 > Aveo

For me

SX4 > fit > Yaris > Aveo
obviously no matter how you cut it up the aveo is shit
you're forgetting to put the accent before the aveo as well. i'm not sure about the kia stuff, but hyundai would out do that thing as well...
spaced cowboy
spaced cowboy
And so the woe continues.
And so the woe continues.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:24 pm

indeed you are correct sir

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:17 pm

they have alot of nerve charging that much

you can get a 1.8L versa hatch with 122hp for 13k.

funny how the it's the quite clearly the shittiest car out of the four yet still that expensive. way to go gm. :facepalm:

Last edited by honor man on Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:20 pm

thewalrus wrote:Who on earth would buy that over a Fit. Sweet Jesus. Besides Les I mean.

most people below the mason-dixon line probably
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:32 pm

fit base price -14750
yaris-13350
versa-13100
g3-14400

seriously, what incentive do people have to buy that fucking car over the others? not a lower price. not a better design or build quality or more name power. not power or performance. what the fuck gm? are you trying to run your company into the ground or what?

Last edited by honor man on Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:38 pm

Aristotle wrote:i don't think it's that bad. i'd still rather pay the extra $$ and get a fit, though. those things are way more refined.

id much rather pay a playstation 3's worth of difference and have the honda designed fit for 15+ years than the g3 which would be tuna fish cans by that point. :gah
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:43 pm

lllllol

i say just buy a hyundai. those things are actually pretty nice now.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:45 pm

i was considering getting a used V6 tiburon but couldnt find any i really liked.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:46 pm

i want a sports car :undies:

i like my sentra, but its so fucking slow. gets like 35mpg real world though. :talon2:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:51 pm

honor man wrote:i want a sports car :undies:

i like my sentra, but its so fucking slow. gets like 35mpg real world though. :talon2:

I know the feeling. I love my Civic to death. And I'm going to keep it. But, especially during the summer I really want a sports car. Preferably with convertible top. Alas. Naught but misery.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:07 pm

if i had the cash for a convertible, i'd get this:

Thank goodness GM, because we didn't know it was an Aveo Honda-s2000-2007-titel
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:23 pm

Aristotle wrote:if i had the cash for a convertible, i'd get this:

Thank goodness GM, because we didn't know it was an Aveo Honda-s2000-2007-titel

That's sweet. I'd like one of those too. All the rich undergrad kids have them.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:48 pm

:roflmao:

so true.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by GregTX Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:38 pm

Hey, that's my car :zachsgotgas:
GregTX
GregTX
Did I mention how rueful and woeful I am?

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:52 pm

yeah, and where are the fucking pics? :screamo:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:02 pm

Aristotle wrote:yeah, and where are the fucking pics? :screamo:

Fucking Camaro and shit all up in here.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:34 pm

f'realz, yo
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:00 pm

as far as convertibles go, id rather have a 370z one when it comes out.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:38 pm

Do you guys have Proton? It's probably not a great drive, but everytime I see Gen2 (which is three times in a year) the first reaction is what the hell is that? The second reaction is it's a damn good looking car.
The Satria is the real competitor for the Fit/Yaris, but I'm guessing the Gen2 is priced pretty low.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:41 pm

Yep, from 17 grand (something like 12 US).

http://www.proton.com.au/#/gen2/gallery/

You can also get a good sense of Protons' mastery of vehicle dynamics here:

http://www.proton.com.au/carrace/

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:44 pm

we don't have protons

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:47 pm

:undies: You're missing out on Malaysia's finest.

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by GregTX Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:26 pm

yeah, i've been pretty neglectful about that. I've put like 1000 miles on it in the 4 months I've owned it. It sucks that its 1000 miles away still, :classicsad:
GregTX
GregTX

Back to top Go down

Post by GregTX Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:27 pm

thewalrus wrote:

i deserved that, its amazing on highway rolls....now i just need some heads and cams
GregTX
GregTX

Back to top Go down

Post by GregTX Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:33 pm

Swerve wrote:Yep, from 17 grand (something like 12 US).

why the hell are you driving at traffic? that is the worse driving game ever.
GregTX
GregTX

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:27 am

GregTX wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

i deserved that, its amazing on highway rolls....now i just need some heads and cams

thats all well and good but how is it from a dead dig?
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:52 am

Swerve wrote:Yep, from 17 grand (something like 12 US).

I can see myself in a Jumbuck.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:48 pm

haha wally i immediately clicked over to the jumbuck
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:51 pm

Swerve wrote::undies: You're missing out on Malaysia's finest.

I'd first heard of Proton from a friend I'd made from Malaysia over the internet when I was in college. But aside from them buying most of Lotus, and what I've seen on Top Gear, I know very little about them.

But that Gen-2 looks pretty good for a cheap small car.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down