Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hahaha it's like spitting in the wind

+7
VS
Pennzoil GT-R
spaced cowboy
1300ZUK
thewalrus
Aristotle
JaysonAych
11 posters

Go down

Hahaha it's like spitting in the wind Empty Hahaha it's like spitting in the wind

Post by JaysonAych Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:37 am

On the Camaro forum I frequent, I made the absolutely ridiculous remark in a thread about some of the Camaro's competition that when comparing a bunch of similarly-classed vehicles, that a lot of buyers every now and then take the whole package of a car into consideration...speed, handling, comfort, price, options, etc...as opposed to just comparing 0-60 times like penis lengths.

Camaro buffs apparently have never even considered that before :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Hahaha it's like spitting in the wind Empty Re: Hahaha it's like spitting in the wind

Post by Aristotle Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:08 am

lol @ magazine racers
Aristotle
Aristotle
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Hahaha it's like spitting in the wind Empty Re: Hahaha it's like spitting in the wind

Post by JaysonAych Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:16 am

My head was about to fuckin' burst trying to explain that point.

Some of the people over there are pretty cool, but it's getting harder to find anything to talk about over there now that the car is about to come out. And it's harder to have conversations where you can play devil's advocate and discuss possible shortcomings that need to be addressed without getting shat on. It's like since GM started going in the shitter and Obama got elected, everyone's very grumpy :unsure:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:41 am

I should register and start talking about Priuses and Miatas and stuff.
thewalrus
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:47 am

thewalrus wrote:I should register and start talking about Priuses and Miatas and stuff.

Wally what is wrong with you.

Miata's are Cool, Priuii are not. One should not even consider comparing the 2 when buying a car.

and everyone knows the new Z is going to kick the camaros ass.

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:03 am

1300ZUK wrote:
thewalrus wrote:I should register and start talking about Priuses and Miatas and stuff.

Miata's are Cool, Priuii are not. One should not even consider comparing the 2 when buying a car.

The Prius is awesome. The new one apparently has an option for a solar panel on it's room to run it's ventilation system! That is SO awesome.

Ideally my garage would have a Prius daily driver and a Miata for the weekends.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by spaced cowboy Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:13 am

thewalrus wrote:
1300ZUK wrote:

The Prius is awesome. The new one apparently has an option for a solar panel on it's room to run it's ventilation system! That is SO awesome.

Ideally my garage would have a Prius daily driver and a Miata for the weekends.
loser. i want an fcx clarity for the week, and a cbr1000rr for the weekend...
spaced cowboy
spaced cowboy
And so the woe continues.
And so the woe continues.

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:17 am

Code:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14742

:rapist:
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:23 pm

hahahaha...a shitstorm as only Wally can devise.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:46 pm

hahahhah wally :roflmao: :roflmao:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:26 am

i do wonder sometimes wally if you realise the prius isnt actually that efficient?? there's a quite a few small diesels that outdo it these days, and they dont have expensive, toxic batteries that dont halve in capacity every year

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:27 am

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:i do wonder sometimes wally if you realise the prius isnt actually that efficient?? there's a quite a few small diesels that outdo it these days, and they dont have expensive, toxic batteries that dont halve in capacity every year

We've been through this before, we're not going through it again.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:19 am

well if you do know it why keep going on about the prius then?

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:28 am

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:well if you do know it why keep going on about the prius then?

I've explained this to you. haven't I? Or have you forgotten, already?

I like the Prius for a number of reasons. I like the thinking it represents. It advances battery technology and alternatives to traditional engines and methods of transportation. It's actually a mid-sized car that's useful for a family. It does get very good gas mileage - I believe it's still the best in North America. So, while you prattle on about how many small diesels there are out there that get superior gas mileage, none of them are for sale here so it's a moot point. Of course I know it's tough for a brit to see beyond his own shores (unless it's for purposes of Empire building), so I'll excuse that.

Most of all I think it's fairly clear that I've already voted with my own pocket book. I could easily have afforded a Prius, or a Civic Hybrid. But I didn't. I bought the cheaper, yet still very efficient regular Civic which gets excellent mileage without the extra money. I am concerned about issues involved with the batteries. Namely the mining of the materials. My understanding is that they're completely recycled, and can be replaced cell by cell to avoid concerns about replacing the whole thing at once. So that's a step in the right direction. I've also never seen any evidence or report that their batteries 'halve' their capacity every year.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:01 am

simple, how many rechargeable batteries have you ever come across that dont lose their ability to hold their charge after a while? None, because they dont exist. If you're worried about cost, Toyota offer an 8 year warranty on the batteries [against total failure, not just a reduction in performance]. If you're worried about the environment, that's an awfully large nail in the coffin of hybrid power.

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:12 am

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:simple, how many rechargeable batteries have you ever come across that dont lose their ability to hold their charge after a while? None, because they dont exist. If you're worried about cost, Toyota offer an 8 year warranty on the batteries [against total failure, not just a reduction in performance]. If you're worried about the environment, that's an awfully large nail in the coffin of hybrid power.

That doesn't address my question. Not even a little bit. You pulled some number out of your ass and tried to pass it off. Half their capacity each year? Where did you get that? Obviously they lose their ability to hold their charge "after a while". I never questioned that. And, as I already said, they're able to replace the batteries cell by cell now, so you don't have to replace the whole thing if a cell begins to fail. Finally, they've addressed my concerns about disposal / recycling of dead batteries sufficiently.

I'm not out to change your opinion Les Pennz. But don't for a second think you'll change mine.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:21 am

do you know what the term 'a figure of speech' means wally? because if youd like from now on ill call you up on it every time you use one

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:24 am

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:do you know what the term 'a figure of speech' means wally? because if youd like from now on ill call you up on it every time you use one

Really Pennz? You're trying to pass of your blatant misstatement of facts as a "figure of speech". What you said was in no way a "figure of speech". So yes, in the future, every time I just make up facts I'd like you to call me on it.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:39 am

thewalrus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:do you know what the term 'a figure of speech' means wally? because if youd like from now on ill call you up on it every time you use one

Really Pennz? You're trying to pass of your blatant misstatement of facts as a "figure of speech". What you said was in no way a "figure of speech". So yes, in the future, every time I just make up facts I'd like you to call me on it.

ok, first one:

making up facts. as in making up the fact that what i said wasnt a figure of speech

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Figures_of_speech

A figure of speech, sometimes termed a rhetoric, or locution, is a word or phrase that departs from straightforward, literal language. Figures of speech are often used and crafted for emphasis

^_^

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:50 am

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

ok, first one:

making up facts. as in making up the fact that what i said wasnt a figure of speech

A figure of speech, sometimes termed a rhetoric, or locution, is a word or phrase that departs from straightforward, literal language. Figures of speech are often used and crafted for emphasis

^_^

Are you kidding me? Hey lets just make up shit and call it a figure of speech!
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:35 pm

I always love stumbling across these enclaves of devout car-worshippers. It would be like someone who enjoys life traipsing through here.
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:15 pm

:roflmao:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:58 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:well if you do know it why keep going on about the prius then?

I like the Prius for a number of reasons. I like the thinking it represents. It advances battery technology and alternatives to traditional engines and methods of transportation. It's actually a mid-sized car that's useful for a family. It does get very good gas mileage - I believe it's still the best in North America. So, while you prattle on about how many small diesels there are out there that get superior gas mileage, none of them are for sale here so it's a moot point. Of course I know it's tough for a brit to see beyond his own shores (unless it's for purposes of Empire building), so I'll excuse that.

Most of all I think it's fairly clear that I've already voted with my own pocket book. I could easily have afforded a Prius, or a Civic Hybrid. But I didn't. I bought the cheaper, yet still very efficient regular Civic which gets excellent mileage without the extra money. I am concerned about issues involved with the batteries. Namely the mining of the materials. My understanding is that they're completely recycled, and can be replaced cell by cell to avoid concerns about replacing the whole thing at once. So that's a step in the right direction. I've also never seen any evidence or report that their batteries 'halve' their capacity every year.
That's an incredibly ironic thing for someone who likes to call themselves an American, when it suits them, to say. Suspect
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:15 pm

dunnas wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

That's an incredibly ironic thing for someone who likes to call themselves an American, when it suits them, to say. Suspect

How is it ironic? (a) I always say I'm an American. Not just when it suits me. So you're wrong there. (b) I never said that America didn't also suffer from similar insularity.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:37 pm

HAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pennz this is up there with your porsche diffuser debacle or when you said that solicitors need to pass the bar (as in bar-rister!) exam. Keep up the good work, you make it so easy for me. :roflmao:
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:38 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

ok, first one:

^_^

aaannnnd, this is exhibit B on why pennz dropped out of law school :screamo:
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:40 pm

dunnas wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

Hey dunners, I won't insult you or stuff, we're cool right now.

Why do you always jump to help pennz?

If you see a kid getting beaten up in the schoolyard for being an idiot, you don't go help him, he will keep being an idiot. You show the kid the way.

Don't encourage pennz to keep spewing bullshit out of his anus, that way Wally will stop trying to show him the way and I will stop beating on him.

Just saying man :cheers:
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:44 pm

The_Edge wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

ok, first one:

^_^

Pennz:

And you can clearly see here, in Exhibit A, that the defendant's finger prints are all over the weapon.

Judge:

Ummnnnn that evidence hasn't been entered before the court counselor.

Pennz:

It's called a "Figure of Speech" your honor. Here's a wikipedia link to help you understand.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:48 pm

lol u dudes be crazy
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:54 pm

thewalrus wrote:
The_Edge wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

ok, first one:

^_^

Pennz:

And you can clearly see here, in Exhibit A, that the defendant's finger prints are all over the weapon.

Judge:

Ummnnnn that evidence hasn't been entered before the court counselor.

Pennz:

It's called a "Figure of Speech" your honor. Here's a wikipedia link to help you understand.

HAHAHAHAA.

Here's another scenario, based on his "barrister" discussion with me:

Pennz: Your honor, and this is why Mr. Fish killed the hooker, or something.

Judge: Pennz, um, the hooker is alive. She just testified.

Pennz: See? That is why I said "or something". I'm right on!
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:23 pm

VS wrote:I always love stumbling across these enclaves of devout car-worshippers. It would be like someone who enjoys life traipsing through here.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Camaro5 is actually a pretty good board for a Camaro board. It's certainly more civil and more diverse than a lot of other Camaro forums.

But it certainly has its days.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:28 pm

thewalrus wrote:
dunnas wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

How is it ironic? (a) I always say I'm an American. Not just when it suits me. So you're wrong there. (b) I never said that America didn't also suffer from similar insularity.
So you're not Canadian then? You can only be both or the other, although I know you disagree.

If it's not ironic for an American to tell anyone that they can't see beyond their shores then I don't know what is. :undies:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:33 pm

The_Edge wrote:
dunnas wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

Hey dunners, I won't insult you or stuff, we're cool right now.

Why do you always jump to help pennz?

If you see a kid getting beaten up in the schoolyard for being an idiot, you don't go help him, he will keep being an idiot. You show the kid the way.

Don't encourage pennz to keep spewing bullshit out of his anus, that way Wally will stop trying to show him the way and I will stop beating on him.

Just saying man :cheers:
I'm really not sticking up for Pennz at all. I know you don't believe me but the fact that Wally was replying to pennz is completely irrelevant. I think Pennz can be a pompous jackass a lot of the time just as you do.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:43 am

lets just get back to the original topic at hand now....
rod's a dirty spic

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:42 am

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:lets just get back to the original topic at hand now....
rod's a dirty spic

But you always beat around the bush, like in the racist topic, where you deviated to ignoring posts or not and then to what neurons really do. Oh wait, you're beating around the bush by "going back to the original topic" here. Quite interesting...
Pennz's mom gave me a blowjob and my dick still itches.
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:43 pm

...spitting into the wind indeed...
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:24 am

Turbojett wrote:...spitting into the wind indeed...
:roflmao:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down