Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kid plays GTA, then learns to drive

+6
Aristotle
SBF
Tailhappy
Honor
1300ZUK
The_Edge
10 posters

Go down

Kid plays GTA, then learns to drive Empty Kid plays GTA, then learns to drive

Post by The_Edge Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:50 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/sidebar/909182374/26738978/grand-theft-auto-teaches-6-year-old-to-drive.html

It sucks that the parents may lose custody of the kid and his bro because of this, though.
The_Edge
The_Edge
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Kid plays GTA, then learns to drive Empty Re: Kid plays GTA, then learns to drive

Post by 1300ZUK Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:01 pm

yes because i'm sure it was all the video games fault as the kid had never watched or ridden in a car with his parents before.

1300ZUK
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Kid plays GTA, then learns to drive Empty Re: Kid plays GTA, then learns to drive

Post by The_Edge Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:17 pm

1300ZUK wrote:yes because i'm sure it was all the video games fault as the kid had never watched or ridden in a car with his parents before.

I know I know :gah
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:34 pm

yeah because real life driving is so much like video game driving
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:38 pm

Yeah, My Subaru don't burst into flames after running down several hundred people on the sidewalk.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:27 pm

It's definitely the parents fault letting a 6 y.o. play GTA, they should have never exposed their child to that game. Also, WTF was the mom doing asleep when her child had to be on the school bus?

I wouldn't have gone as far as taking the children away. DCFS should have been involved though.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:37 pm

honor man wrote:yeah because real life driving is so much like video game driving

First Zuk, now you... I guess my topic is misleading.

I am not blaming the game. I am not saying GTA is bad, nor that it can teach kids how to drive. It is a lol topic. It is indeed a funny or at least bizarre news story...
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:38 pm

that wasnt directed at you
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:04 pm

honor man wrote:that wasnt directed at you

my bad :zachsgotgas:
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:12 pm

i think they should shoot the parents and give the kid a job.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:39 pm

My biggest complaint about GTA4 was how shitty the driving physics were. I would use that in court if I were the defense attorney.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:07 pm

yeah they overdid it
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:30 pm

The_Edge wrote:
honor man wrote:yeah because real life driving is so much like video game driving

no i was just being coy to your spic ass

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:44 pm

1300ZUK wrote:
The_Edge wrote:

no i was just being coy to your spic ass

... am I missing something here? Last time I checked you were not an asshole. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:02 pm

Post pics Rod.

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:48 pm

This is making me want to play again. I still kind of think San Andreas was better though
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:30 pm

1300ZUK wrote:Post pics Rod.

Pics of what? Are you stoned?
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:51 am

Omni wrote:This is making me want to play again. I still kind of think San Andreas was better though

Expansion pack should be available soon......

I just slid it in the other day to see how many people I could run over, got over 3500 in two days.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:10 am

I'm not even all that interested in the expansion. Motorcycle gangs...meh.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:57 am

that game tom clancy's HAWX coming out next month looks pretty fuckin sweet though
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:59 am

honor man wrote:that game tom clancy's HAWX coming out next month looks pretty fuckin sweet though

Yea, that's on my list too.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:08 am

Talon wrote:
honor man wrote:that game tom clancy's HAWX coming out next month looks pretty fuckin sweet though

Street Fighter IV bitches!!! :talon2: :talon2:
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:54 am

Benfolio wrote:
Omni wrote:This is making me want to play again. I still kind of think San Andreas was better though

Expansion pack should be available soon......

I just slid it in the other day to see how many people I could run over, got over 3500 in two days.

The weirdest thing about GT4 is that is was mostly a step backwards. I miss being able to fly planes and shit not to mention the lack of annoying fucking idiots calling you all day.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:00 pm

The_Edge wrote:
Talon wrote:

Might pass on this. Something about it just doesn't look right. I wish there was a demo for it so I could try it out. I think I will stick with SF HD Remix... love it.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:11 pm

Omni wrote:the lack of annoying fucking idiots calling you all day.

this is what i hated the most about gta4
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:44 am

Talon wrote:

I played the demo and came away unimpressed, though I'm not sure if that was because of demo limitations. I didn't like how when you disabled the assists, you went to a 3rd-person view. I'd like to disable the assists and still stay in the cockpit...I had a hard time telling what the hell was in front of me out in that view. In that 2nd demo mission, there were 40 bajillion targets, and having to cycle through them to get the one I wanted was very tedious.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:46 am

big_jesus wrote:

Once I found out you could turn off the phone, I was overjoyed.

But they really needed to tone that shit down and give you more places to go when they did call. Wouldn't have been so bad if there was a bigger variety of shows to see and things to do. Why the fuck is there only one dartboard in all of Liberty City?
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:35 am

JaysonAych wrote:
big_jesus wrote:

But they really needed to tone that shit down and give you more places to go when they did call. Wouldn't have been so bad if there was a bigger variety of shows to see and things to do. Why the fuck is there only one dartboard in all of Liberty City?

Yeah, they should have added a lot more. I want to see a GTA game where you can go into every building and there is all kinds of shit to do. Imagine how awesome it could be if they ever come out with games of real cities down to the smallest details. :talon2:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:04 pm

Omni wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:
big_jesus wrote:

Yeah, they should have added a lot more. I want to see a GTA game where you can go into every building and there is all kinds of shit to do. Imagine how awesome it could be if they ever come out with games of real cities down to the smallest details. :talon2:

Yeah, when you went "online" there were all kinds of ads for shows and shops with addresses for them and everything, but you'd go there and the business was non-enterable.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:40 pm

Talon wrote:
The_Edge wrote:
Talon wrote:

Might pass on this. Something about it just doesn't look right. I wish there was a demo for it so I could try it out. I think I will stick with SF HD Remix... love it.

Some characters (especially Ryu) look WEIRD.

Ryu, Ken are Guile are suddenly very short too... wtf
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:44 pm

JaysonAych wrote:I'm not even all that interested in the expansion. Motorcycle gangs...meh.
The conversations alone are worth it, hearing your old fart gang president to call your ex so he can "have some hole". :roflmao:
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:35 pm

Also found out that the add-ons don't carry over to GTA4. Which is lame.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:17 am

....the new songs on the radio do.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down