Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis Coupe

+13
Swerve
dunnas
Olds
thewalrus
Honor
Bluntman
Dodge
Talon
Aristotle
JaysonAych
ryguy79
SBF
Omni
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Genesis Coupe - Page 2 Empty Re: Genesis Coupe

Post by thewalrus Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:58 pm

[quote="Olds"]fugly[/quote

I liked it a lot more when I last saw it. That interior is pretty god-awful hideous too. Looks cockeyed.
thewalrus
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:58 pm

Fuck it. I'm not fixing that quote.
thewalrus
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:59 pm

I think the Evo is ~3200lb and I consider her to be a little portly.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:58 pm

Yeah it may be heavy, but it's no heavier than the car(s) it's actually supposed to compete against, which is the Mustang and Camaro.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:06 pm

SBF wrote:Yeah it may be heavy, but it's no heavier than the car(s) it's actually supposed to compete against, which is the Mustang and Camaro.

Yeah, but if they'd been able to make it lighter than those cars it'd have been a real advantage.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:50 pm

thewalrus wrote:
SBF wrote:Yeah it may be heavy, but it's no heavier than the car(s) it's actually supposed to compete against, which is the Mustang and Camaro.

Yeah, but if they'd been able to make it lighter than those cars it'd have been a real advantage.

Yeah but it's Hyundai, they want to keep this car cheap, so everything related to the suspension and body is probably made out of steel. Plus like I said earlier when you add safety equipment (which being Hyundai is a descent amount) and IRS the car is gonna start getting a little hefty.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:01 pm

[quote="thewalrus"]
Olds wrote:fugly[/quote

I liked it a lot more when I last saw it. That interior is pretty god-awful hideous too. Looks cockeyed.
You know they take interior shots like that with a fisheye lens right?

I think the interior looks pretty damn good. :shrug:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:27 pm

I think the vents look off kilter. "god-awful hideous" was an exaggeration. But I still don't like it.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:38 am

thewalrus wrote:

Well, like I said it is about 300 pounds lighter than the Camaro. The V6 is the same weight as a Mustang GT give or take a few pounds. The turbo-4 is just a bit heavier than the V6 Mustang.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:14 am

That's too heavy. 370Z must be around that weight.

I thought this was going to be a philisophical S15 replacement on the new car market. Problem is the S15 is ten years older and yet better in just about every way.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:52 am

http://jalopnik.com/5151658/hyundai-genesis-coupe-r+spec-live?skyline=true&s=i

Hyundai will be releasing an R-spec Genesis coupe that gives you the turbo-four with a six-speed manual (no slushbox available)...and it removes Bluetooth, automatic headlights, cruise control, trip computer, chrome interior accents and steering wheel audio controls. It's $3,000 less than the top-line 2.0 Track model, and only another $1500 more than the base model, and you still get the uprated suspension, 19-inch wheels, summer tires, Brembo brakes, and the limited-slip differential. $23,750 when all's said and done.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:56 pm

Dodge wrote:Hopefully its a big hit, and then some other company (AHEM NISSAN) decides to bring back a small rwd platform.

one thats not so hideous my eyes hurt from looking at it.
S16?
Cross yer fingers. But then again, I've had them crossed for years.
Wasn't that Nissan X-Link (or whatever they called it) supposed to preview a possible Silvia redesign?

...and they still make the S15? Those things are what, like ten years old??
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:10 pm

Autoblog just posted that the future RWD Silvia is dead, as is the 4-door GT-R.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:19 am

Benfolio wrote:Autoblog just posted that the future RWD Silvia is dead, as is the 4-door GT-R.
We don't need a 4-door GT-R. At all.
Shame about the Silvia, but what are you gonna do? Maybe in a few more years if/when the economy isn't shitty.
Now if say, they were to make a Nissan Skyline/Inf G37 GTS-t just a rung or two below the GT-R, I'd be all over that.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by spaced cowboy Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:47 pm

just read jalopnik's first drive of the genesis coupe and the new camaro:

http://jalopnik.com/5189896/2010-hyundai-genesis-coupe-first-drive?skyline=true&s=x
http://jalopnik.com/5176993/2010-chevy-camaro-first-drive

sad to hear the camaro isn't really all that, but the genesis is starting to look better each time i look at it, and the 2.0T with a DSG (not existing at this time) would be a hell of a nice ride it sounds.

if you were cross-shopping though, between the hyundai, the mustang and the camaro, you've got some very interesting options. and if the toybaru RWD coupe actually comes through, that could be an awesome 4-way decision...
spaced cowboy
spaced cowboy
And so the woe continues.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:34 pm

spaced cowboy wrote:just read jalopnik's first drive of the genesis coupe and the new camaro:

http://jalopnik.com/5189896/2010-hyundai-genesis-coupe-first-drive?skyline=true&s=x
http://jalopnik.com/5176993/2010-chevy-camaro-first-drive

sad to hear the camaro isn't really all that, but the genesis is starting to look better each time i look at it, and the 2.0T with a DSG (not existing at this time) would be a hell of a nice ride it sounds.

if you were cross-shopping though, between the hyundai, the mustang and the camaro, you've got some very interesting options. and if the toybaru RWD coupe actually comes through, that could be an awesome 4-way decision...

When I price out what I want, I can almost get everything I want in the Camaro for $25,250 or something like that. The only thing missing is leather seats...and I have to jump up to the 2LT trim and spend another 2 G's on other options I don't want to get them.

The base V6 Genesis comes with everything the $25,250 Camaro I optioned has...PLUS the leather seats. For only another 500 bucks.

So when I can get into the market, I'll have some choices to make...
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:04 am

At this point I don't know what I would go for. I really dig the Camaro, but I have a feeling that GM is going to shaft it for everything it's worth because they are going under. I also really like the Challenger R/T with the 5-speed manual, but once again, god only knows whats going to happen to Chrysler. Then there is the Hyundai. While everything looks awesome and the car looks good, it's a new sports car and I really dig the retro looks of the Chevy and Dodge.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:26 am

I hate the way the genesis looks (melted plastic much?) but I like that they are bringing an rwd turbo car into the market.
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:46 am

I wish subaru still made cars I liked
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:46 am

Benfolio wrote:Autoblog just posted that the future RWD Silvia is dead, as is the 4-door GT-R.

Actually, from what I had been reading, Ghosn was saying that Silvia is dead "for now", however some insiders are saying that the project hasn't been cancelled, just deferred.

ah what might be, (or could have been):

Genesis Coupe - Page 2 Nissan10
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by spaced cowboy Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:13 am

yeah, but the toybaru is still on, and that could be solid gold, if a bit less powerful than the others. or, if you want to go smaller and cheaper, the honda CRZ could rock if it lives up to its ancestor and potential...
spaced cowboy
spaced cowboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:04 am

Oh yeas, the CRZ looks very promising. I like it. And I'm saying this about a Honda. A hybrid Honda. Fuck me.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2