Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

we could see some heavy shit this week

+8
thewalrus
dunnas
Pete.Z
Swerve
Pennzoil GT-R
Aristotle
millertime
big_jesus
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

we could see some heavy shit this week - Page 3 Empty Re: we could see some heavy shit this week

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:43 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:les, shut up. you havent got a fucking clue what any of what you say means...or you'd realise half of it is rubbish. you come across as preaching because you just regurgitate what has been preached to you. the current economic system is led by market forces....and guess what it works. it is the reason the world is where it is now and not where it was when TV was still in black and white. there will always be peaks and troughs

The only one who proves clueless is you. To think the recession of the early 90's was worse than this proves so. Add the fact you have no idea what negative equity has done for all too many people. It's more than settling it by just NOT MOVING! CLUELESS= Penz.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

we could see some heavy shit this week - Page 3 Empty Re: we could see some heavy shit this week

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:51 pm

The current market situation is not moved merely by market forces, it's manipulated by greed. Politicians and bureaucrats played like fiddles by elites whom have no desire for real markets only a desire to slop up cash and other wealth by greed. They paint a picture of markets forces, delude you to think you have real wealth and higher quality of life while keeping you on the dole with forever debt and interest accrued by them for such privilege of you being indebted to them. Behind the scenes they manipulate markets and populations, they extort from govt. corporate welfare among other corrupt favours. You are too blind to see it.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:58 pm

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
The_Edge wrote:
The_Edge wrote:About change...

you change when you have a better alternative. Do we have a better and tangible alternative now?

Chocolate is an alternative to vanilla.
BMW is an alternative to Mercedes.
AF Lite is an alternative to AF.

_______ is an alternative to "market economy". Fill in the blank...

Les fucking bailed out :smelly:

No, but there really is nothing more to say right now because what I said and may continue to say as time passes is unfolding in real time right in front of our very eyes. Some may not want to see this and try to hide in some blissful ignorance but what I say is credible and of sound logic.

Times they are a changing and we all had better accept that now and adjust our lives to a new paradigm that is unfolding or we will continue to suffer the fallout of the current monetary / economic system brought to us by myopic, selfish and greedy elites based on hype, lies and in a myopic vision fueled with trying to grow economies on endless (which is not sustainable by logic) debt, lack of credible regulations on investment, banking and the economic system we have today and by creating a consumer system that is not based on sustainability but on pure want and selfishness with minimal to no real responsibility and accountability by all people in all classes however exploited by the elites and the greedy the most.

Dude, you had to ***** fill in the blank.
This is your chance to get respect.
The_Edge
The_Edge
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:16 pm

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:les, shut up. you havent got a fucking clue what any of what you say means...or you'd realise half of it is rubbish. you come across as preaching because you just regurgitate what has been preached to you. the current economic system is led by market forces....and guess what it works. it is the reason the world is where it is now and not where it was when TV was still in black and white. there will always be peaks and troughs

The only one who proves clueless is you. To think the recession of the early 90's was worse than this proves so. Add the fact you have no idea what negative equity has done for all too many people. It's more than settling it by just NOT MOVING! CLUELESS= Penz.

Les, what experience of finance do you have? Im intrigued

Stocks werent hit hard in the early 90s but your average citizen was. If you dont know that then please leave this thread now....

Stocks however did drop massively in 2001. More than they have this time around...

Last edited by Pennzoil GT-R on Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:19 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:

Do conspiracy theories and x files count?
The_Edge
The_Edge
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:39 pm

The_Edge wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
The_Edge wrote:
The_Edge wrote:About change...

you change when you have a better alternative. Do we have a better and tangible alternative now?

Chocolate is an alternative to vanilla.
BMW is an alternative to Mercedes.
AF Lite is an alternative to AF.

_______ is an alternative to "market economy". Fill in the blank...

Les fucking bailed out :smelly:

No, but there really is nothing more to say right now because what I said and may continue to say as time passes is unfolding in real time right in front of our very eyes. Some may not want to see this and try to hide in some blissful ignorance but what I say is credible and of sound logic.

Times they are a changing and we all had better accept that now and adjust our lives to a new paradigm that is unfolding or we will continue to suffer the fallout of the current monetary / economic system brought to us by myopic, selfish and greedy elites based on hype, lies and in a myopic vision fueled with trying to grow economies on endless (which is not sustainable by logic) debt, lack of credible regulations on investment, banking and the economic system we have today and by creating a consumer system that is not based on sustainability but on pure want and selfishness with minimal to no real responsibility and accountability by all people in all classes however exploited by the elites and the greedy the most.

Dude, you had to ***** fill in the blank.
This is your chance to get respect.

Dude, I never said there was no place for a market economy, but there is no place for unfettered capitalism. Just as we have rules of the road in driving and rules of conduct at a work place etc. so to must there be rules of oversight and holding to account the general market system and anyone who may exploit said market system for selfish and greedy reasons. We cannot survive a so called market economy without clear rules and the same set of rules for all. We for the most part have chosen a market system, but that does not mean ANYTHING GOES! Corruption, cronyism, lack of accountability and responsibility along with pure greed are not a part of nor should they ever be excused from a generally well regulated market based system.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:47 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:

Stocks werent hit hard in the early 90s but your average citizen was. If you dont know that then please leave this thread now....

Stocks however did drop massively in 2001. More than they have this time around...

Oh please, don't try to puff your plumage. Like I said months ago to you, you are just a cog in a system, you know what the higher ups tell you to know. You are 23 yrs old and were a snot nosed child during the 90's recession, in reality you know nothing of it other than what you may have been told as spurious as that likely was. You obviously can't fathom that events today as being way more epic to anything in the early 90's... Oh I know your attitude Penz, I was a 23 yr. old smart ass like you too. If you have to know though I have post secondary education in business and marketing.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:16 pm

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:The current market situation is not moved merely by market forces, it's manipulated by greed. Politicians and bureaucrats played like fiddles by elites whom have no desire for real markets only a desire to slop up cash and other wealth by greed. They paint a picture of markets forces, delude you to think you have real wealth and higher quality of life while keeping you on the dole with forever debt and interest accrued by them for such privilege of you being indebted to them. Behind the scenes they manipulate markets and populations, they extort from govt. corporate welfare among other corrupt favours. You are too blind to see it.

Yes, greed got us here. and greed will get us out. Greed drives the economy. The only people in this current economy that are truly fucked are the ones who got greedy at the tail end of the boom. If you were smart thoughout the boom and knew it wouldn't last forever you would have stashed some cash away and played it conservative. The people who lost are the ones who either speculated in favor of unsustainable growth, or were uneducated and didn't know what they were investing in.
millertime
millertime
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:35 pm

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:

Oh please, don't try to puff your plumage. Like I said months ago to you, you are just a cog in a system, you know what the higher ups tell you to know. You are 23 yrs old and were a snot nosed child during the 90's recession, in reality you know nothing of it other than what you may have been told as spurious as that likely was. You obviously can't fathom that events today as being way more epic to anything in the early 90's... Oh I know your attitude Penz, I was a 23 yr. old smart ass like you too. If you have to know though I have post secondary education in business and marketing.

so you know fuck all outside of a text book then. figures. if you knew anything about how finance works youd know im not dictated to by anybody senior. im given a desk and a market and told to come back with more money than i cost them. the in betweens are not something my bosses concern themselves with.

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:15 am

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:

so you know fuck all outside of a text book then. figures. if you knew anything about how finance works youd know im not dictated to by anybody senior. im given a desk and a market and told to come back with more money than i cost them. the in betweens are not something my bosses concern themselves with.

Really? What on earth do you do where those are your job specifications.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:30 am

I am going to guess that he is a trader.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:10 am

nope. id never want to be either. not going to say exactly what i do with the likes of rod and ascona around to record it all, but theres a few jobs you can do in the so called front office of a company where you're left to your own devices pretty much.

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:27 am

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:nope. id never want to be either. not going to say exactly what i do with the likes of rod and ascona around to record it all, but theres a few jobs you can do in the so called front office of a company where you're left to your own devices pretty much.

what does it make a difference if they know exactly what you do?
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:40 am

because i dont give anything remotely personal out online anymore. too many weirdos out there...and some of them live on this site.

i also had an interesting conversation with an md recently in which he let slip they have a very high tech system that searches for anything said about/by their employees or them. basically they spy on us. so long as i remain completely anonymous im fine.

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:28 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:nope. id never want to be either. not going to say exactly what i do with the likes of rod and ascona around to record it all, but theres a few jobs you can do in the so called front office of a company where you're left to your own devices pretty much.

Funny how I didn't take a shot at you with all the things you posted here and in the watch thread, BEGGING to get given shit for. You brought it onto you chav... sorry.
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:36 pm

thats not taking a shot at you. its truth

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:38 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:

Simply put, you're a fucking idiot.

You can't make us believe that you're some sort of top dog at wherever you were, even if you were that good, it still takes time.

And banks are wise enough not to let their little smartass-wannabe Jr. traders do whatever they want, especially after things like the societé generale scandal. Remember that? Here, let me refresh your memory:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/27/AR2008012700680.html

Yes, some stupid guy name Jerome thought he had "no one to respond to", he thought he could do "whatever he wanted" and brought the whole entity in big trouble. There's no way that is happening again. They just don't give you a "license to be cool and sell shit" and "wait for you to come back with the big bucks". You got limitations and people keeping watch over you. And you got authorizations, passwords and authorization codes, etc. Many of the things you do have to be authorized by superiors or colleagues.

One only needs to watch the news to see you're full of shit. No need to be a finance expert. Unless your name is Jerome Kerviel, you need to respond to shit OR you changed your identity to pennzie chav and your terrible hairdo is part of your fackade.

Last edited by The_Edge on Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:38 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:thats not taking a shot at you. its truth

Yes... what I held back from posting and will post now is truth as well... truth I held back just so this wouldn't turn into a flame war. Guess you don't have that common sense yet.
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:58 pm

The_Edge wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:

You can't make us believe that you're some sort of top dog at wherever you were, even if you were that good, it still takes time.

And banks are wise enough not to let their little smartass-wannabe Jr. traders do whatever they want, especially after things like the societé generale scandal. Remember that? Here, let me refresh your memory:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/27/AR2008012700680.html

Yes, some stupid guy name Jerome thought he had "no one to respond to", he thought he could do "whatever he wanted" and brought the whole entity in big trouble. There's no way that is happening again. They just don't give you a "license to be cool and sell shit" and "wait for you to come back with the big bucks". You got limitations and people keeping watch over you. And you got authorizations, passwords and authorization codes, etc. Many of the things you do have to be authorized by superiors or colleagues.

One only needs to watch the news to see you're full of shit. No need to be a finance expert. Unless your name is Jerome Kerviel, you need to respond to shit OR you changed your identity to pennzie chav and your terrible hairdo is part of your fackade.

You know ROD. It is possible to be left to your own devices and report to your manager once in awhile. And when you report to your manager they dont necessary tell you anything at all except listen and decide if what you are doing is good enough or requires action.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:14 pm

The_Edge wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:

So you know they've put all these controls in to stop rogue traders. So, how exactly did the exact same thing happen again a few months later in another French bank?

Fuck off Rod

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:17 pm

Traders are given a risk limit. They could blow it on chocolate teapots if they wanted to and noone would know until it was too late. In the second by second world of financial markets do you really think there is time to ask your boss if you're allowed to place that trade. The time it takes for you to ask and him to answer could cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Which is all beside the point since i've already said im not a trader

Maybe things are different in Mexico where the only reason you have a job is because daddy asked his friend to let you make the tea.

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:48 pm

i think the Pennz v Rod rivalry is the longest-running on AF, and the most awesome
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:57 pm

Olds wrote:i think the Pennz v Rod rivalry is the longest-running on AF, and the most awesome

Yes. I would agree.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:26 pm

what a generic response
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:34 pm

millertime wrote:
The_Edge wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:

You know ROD. It is possible to be left to your own devices and report to your manager once in awhile. And when you report to your manager they dont necessary tell you anything at all except listen and decide if what you are doing is good enough or requires action.

And your point is? Oh your point is that's as close as you can get to saying I am wrong... too bad the words on italics actually reinforce my point.

Seriously miller, can't you just stay out of this Pennz vs me thing this time? It's pretty much well established he began and that you have a small penis, so please just let us carry on...
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
The_Edge wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:

So you know they've put all these controls in to stop rogue traders. So, how exactly did the exact same thing happen again a few months later in another French bank?

Fuck off Rod

Oh, I guess that means they're putting even more controls!

So either you're right and you're pretty much your own boss, mr. hotshot ready to eat the world, and in a few weeks/months we will hear on the news about a certain british firm going under or you actually have a boss or manager and you do have to report and you do need authorizations... I'll check the news Wink
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:40 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:Traders are given a risk limit. They could blow it on chocolate teapots if they wanted to and noone would know until it was too late. In the second by second world of financial markets do you really think there is time to ask your boss if you're allowed to place that trade. The time it takes for you to ask and him to answer could cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Which is all beside the point since i've already said im not a trader

Maybe things are different in Mexico where the only reason you have a job is because daddy asked his friend to let you make the tea.

Too bad I'm not in mexico... again, you're retarded and with a short memory.

Are you pissed off because your daddy resembles this guy? :

we could see some heavy shit this week - Page 3 Used-car-salesman
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:47 pm

:roflmao: wtf? awesome pic
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:13 pm

Hey Pennz I found this article on stock trading regulations. It pretty much describes how wrong you are:

http://www.stockandsharemarket.com/2007/10/13/stock-broker-rules-and-regulations/
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:58 pm

The_Edge wrote:
millertime wrote:
The_Edge wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:

And your point is? Oh your point is that's as close as you can get to saying I am wrong... too bad the words on italics actually reinforce my point.

Seriously miller, can't you just stay out of this Pennz vs me thing this time? It's pretty much well established he began and that you have a small penis, so please just let us carry on...

Uh. I dont know where you work. But reporting to your boss doesn't mean you need authorization on every decision you make.....
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:07 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:because i dont give anything remotely personal out online anymore. too many weirdos out there...and some of them live on this site.

i also had an interesting conversation with an md recently in which he let slip they have a very high tech system that searches for anything said about/by their employees or them. basically they spy on us. so long as i remain completely anonymous im fine.
Wow, you're as paranoid as ROD. Whoda thunk it? Suspect
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:13 pm

dunnas wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:because i dont give anything remotely personal out online anymore. too many weirdos out there...and some of them live on this site.

Wow, you're as paranoid as ROD. Whoda thunk it? Suspect

He is either as paranoid or even worse... he used that as an excuse not to say what he does. Is it bad for a doctor to say he's a Doctor? It's not like that doctor is the only doctor in England, right?

He could have said "I am a stockbroker", or "I bring tea and cookies for my boss, I am a "financial helper" " and he would be ok. Even I say "I am an attorney".

Simply put, it was an excuse not to say what he does because he's awfully defensive about it.
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:55 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:

Yeah ok, Warren Buffett Rolling Eyes
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3