Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apparently there was some sort of football game in Canada last night

+10
Olds
Les_Vipers_rule
big_jesus
00ranger
xtine
VS
ryguy79
Aristotle
TheWoerus
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Apparently there was some sort of football game in Canada last night Empty Apparently there was some sort of football game in Canada last night

Post by TheWoerus Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:21 pm

I had no idea. But everyone was talking about it.

I asked who one, and apparently Calgary did.

People looked at me like I was fucking insane when I told them all I did last night was watch a Family Guy re-run. Curl up with a book, and a coke, and fall asleep. Apparently there were partys. Fun, even.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Apparently there was some sort of football game in Canada last night Empty Re: Apparently there was some sort of football game in Canada last night

Post by Aristotle Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:30 pm

i know there's football up there, but i have no idea what game it was. maybe it was the canada equivalent to the super bowl or something?
Aristotle
Aristotle
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Apparently there was some sort of football game in Canada last night Empty Re: Apparently there was some sort of football game in Canada last night

Post by TheWoerus Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:34 pm

Aristotle wrote:i know there's football up there, but i have no idea what game it was. maybe it was the canada equivalent to the super bowl or something?

That's the impression I got.

I decided to read this new book I got instead. "Team of Rivals" - it's about Lincoln's presidency.

Reading about successful people is always so depressing.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:46 pm

TheWoerus wrote:
Aristotle wrote:i know there's football up there, but i have no idea what game it was. maybe it was the canada equivalent to the super bowl or something?

I decided to read this new book I got instead. "Team of Rivals" - it's about Lincoln's presidency.

but at least you know lincoln dies in the end.
ryguy79
ryguy79
I'm so weary and tired of the world's weariness and tiredness.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:48 pm

ryguy79 wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:

but at least you know lincoln dies in the end.

Way to ruin the ending man. :smelly:
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:49 pm

Nice to know calgary one.
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:51 pm

VS wrote:Nice to know calgary one.

Wow. Can you believe I have two degrees?

Jesus.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:04 pm

Goddammit, Wally. Your spelling and grammar continue to make my eyes bleed. Firefox has built-in spell check, you unholy bastard!
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:06 pm

xtine wrote:Goddammit, Wally. Your spelling and grammar continue to make my eyes bleed. Firefox has built-in spell check, you unholy bastard!

I'm using Explorer. Woe
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:09 pm

TheWoerus wrote:
xtine wrote:Goddammit, Wally. Your spelling and grammar continue to make my eyes bleed. Firefox has built-in spell check, you unholy bastard!

I'm using Explorer. Woe

I HATE YOU WALLY

You should be a writer for Makes & Models magazine. None of their staff has the ability to comprehend basic English either. ^_^
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by 00ranger Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:09 pm

i didnt know about it until i watched sportsrise this morning but yea it was the canadian equivalent to the superbowl. but its canada so who the fuck cares?
00ranger
00ranger
No no...more like RUE WOEger

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:31 pm

srsly, wally--you're getting worse. "one"??? really? "one."
gah
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:32 pm

big_jesus wrote:srsly, wally--you're getting worse. "one"??? really? "one."
gah

Don't forget the "partys." :smelly:
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:34 pm

gah

I'll be nothing but a drooling vegetable by my 28th birthday at this rate.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:35 pm

TheWoerus wrote:
gah

Please tell me you're 27.
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:41 pm

xtine wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:
gah

Please tell me you're 27.

TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:13 pm

Wally must have his tongue firmly in his cheek. :)

Yes, the CFL's 96th. Grey Cup game was played yesterday and no it's not our version of the Super Bowl, our game is the older one. The Super Bowl is the US version of our Grey Cup then if some silly point wants to be made... That said it was a good game even though neither team in it is one I support, Calgary Stampeders vs the Montreal Alouettes. The Stamps won.

Next year I'd prefer seeing either the B.C. Lions or the Saskatchewan Roughriders win it.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

Post by 00ranger Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:19 pm

does everything have to be an argument? they are essentially the same thing for diffirent countries
00ranger
00ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:40 pm

Les I don't think wally has his tongue firmly in his cheek. some people don't give a flying fuck about football. myself included.
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:43 pm

Olds wrote:Les I don't think wally has his tongue firmly in his cheek. some people don't give a flying fuck about football. myself included.

Yeah, I'd say wally's tongue is firmly on Aris' taint.
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:50 pm

xtine wrote:
Olds wrote:Les I don't think wally has his tongue firmly in his cheek. some people don't give a flying fuck about football. myself included.

Yeah, I'd say wally's tongue is firmly on Aris' taint.

Sir, yes SIR!
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:52 pm

00ranger wrote:does everything have to be an argument? they are essentially the same thing for diffirent countries

It's not an argument, it's a clarification. One based on facts and BTW they are not basically the same thing. The CFL needs not answer to the NFL nor compare itself to it and of course vice versa. They are two different versions of a game we call football. I have never understood why some feel the need to either directly or indirectly attack or insult one or the other leagues. But usually it's more often idiots especially some more ignorant Canadian punk asses who want to beat on the CFL but it has worked both ways over the years.

The CFL based on facts is the older game, its championship game is older and often more colourful. For instance have and will play ours in the wet, cold and even the snow some years. One year due to immense fog in Toronto, I believe it was 1961 the game had to be suspended and finished the next day as nobody could see more than 10-15 feet. We have played the Grey Cup championship game and other playoff games in temps below -30 C. or with so much snow falling it was incredible they were able to finish the game. The history of the CFL and the Grey Cup is long and storied and it deserves RESPECT! That is not an argument and I'm not trying to be argumentative here but only trying to state some facts. In fact the NFL today would not have likely have things like the forward pass or the punt if it were not for US college teams playing against Canadian college teams some 80+ years ago and seeing and even playing with our early rules of our game.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:54 pm

Yes, that's true but Wally has lived his whole life in Canada, surely he knows of the Grey Cup championship game. He may not care and that is ok but he's not a stupid guy.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:56 pm

All Football sucks. One giant homo-erotic orgy.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:56 pm

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:

Yes, that's true but Wally has lived his whole life in Canada, surely he knows of the Grey Cup championship game. He may not care and that is ok but he's not a stupid guy.

The grey cup is the one they win while playing the ice hockey correct?
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:58 pm

TheWoerus wrote:All Football sucks. One giant homo-erotic orgy.

That's fine, you are entitled to your opinion but many feel very differently about it especially concerning pro football be it the CFL or the NFL.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:00 pm

Just like AF! lol!
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:00 pm

TheWoerus wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:

Stop jerking my chain Very Happy You damn well know the Grey Cup is for the CFL championship and the Stanley Cup is for the NHL championhip. :yipyipyip:
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:02 pm

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:

That's fine, you are entitled to your opinion but many feel very differently about it especially concerning pro football be it the CFL or the NFL.

When I see a bunch of men dressed in spandex massaging eachothers buttox and arranging themselves face to ass while reaching between their legs... I know what's up.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:02 pm

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:

There was a time when I would have agreed with you on that one. But then I saw "who one"
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:03 pm

TheWoerus wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:

When I see a bunch of men dressed in spandex massaging eachothers buttox and arranging themselves face to ass while reaching between their legs... I know what's up.

a boner is what's up
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:09 pm

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:

Stop jerking my chain Very Happy You damn well know the Grey Cup is for the CFL championship and the Stanley Cup is for the NHL championhip. :yipyipyip:

All I know is that hockey would be much more enjoyable if they made it easier to see the pucks. I've suggested highlighting the puck with blue or red light. But no one seems to like that idea. :curses:
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:12 pm

Olds wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:

There was a time when I would have agreed with you on that one. But then I saw "who one"

I'll probably start forgetting how to breath in a year at this rate.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:18 pm

TheWoerus wrote:
Olds wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:

So we can bump your estimated life span down to 27?

Of course, with your skills, you could easily teach English to fifth graders. Hell, there are college students that don't spell as well as you do.
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:27 pm

xtine wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:
Olds wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:

Of course, with your skills, you could easily teach English to fifth graders. Hell, there are college students that don't spell as well as you do.

Anyway, I have an excuse. I was a philosophy major. We were taught early on that the ideas were more important than the structure. Which is something Thomas Jefferson would have agreed with.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:31 pm

TheWoerus wrote:
xtine wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:
Olds wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:

Anyway, I have an excuse. I was a philosophy major. We were taught early on that the ideas were more important than the structure. Which is something Thomas Jefferson would have agreed with.

You sound like a Creative Writing major. >\
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:02 pm

TheWoerus wrote:
Olds wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:

fuck, man.

B R E A T H E
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:05 pm

:undies:
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:22 pm

TheWoerus wrote:
xtine wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:
Olds wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:

Thomas Jefferson was a highly educated man, and held spelling and grammar in high esteem. he believed very strongly, in fact, that one couldn't be taken seriously unless they had proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:29 pm

big_jesus wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:
xtine wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:
Olds wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:

Thomas Jefferson was a highly educated man, and held spelling and grammar in high esteem. he believed very strongly, in fact, that one couldn't be taken seriously unless they had proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Thats actually not at all the case. What he told his daughter and what he did in practice being two very different things. Read "Finding Jefferson".
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next