Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

so apparently this new batman game is pretty good

+8
xtine
big_jesus
Turbojett
Talon
Tailhappy
Omni
Aristotle
Honor
12 posters

Go down

so apparently this new batman game is pretty good Empty so apparently this new batman game is pretty good

Post by Honor Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:39 pm

arkham asylum :gah

so apparently this new batman game is pretty good Batman_arkham_asylum_screen

so apparently this new batman game is pretty good Batman-arkham-asylum

so apparently this new batman game is pretty good BatmanArkhamAsylumScreens
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

so apparently this new batman game is pretty good Empty Re: so apparently this new batman game is pretty good

Post by Honor Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:42 pm

Game Informer praised the game, stating "Batman: Arkham Asylum is this year's "BioShock," not just from the connection established with the world, but from its ability to innovate where new ideas are needed, and moreover, deliver an adventure unlike any other." It was rated 9.5/10 OPM gave Arkham a 9/10, citing "Arkham Asylum is comfortably the best comic book game that PlayStation's ever had, and is up there with the system's best actioners, full stop." OPM summarized the game as "a class act". Xbox World 360 scored Arkham 95%, stating "a massively impressive licensed game." IGN's Greg Miller gave the game a 9.3 out of 10, praising the voice acting, the story and overall gameplay and called it "the greatest Comic Book game of all time." Eurogamer also praised the game, stating "this isn't just the best grown-up Batman game, it's the best superhero game, bar none", and scoring Arkham with a 9/10. 1UP.com's Thierry Nguyen gave the game an A-, stating that developer Rocksteady "manages to combine combat, stealth, storytelling, and cartoon voices into the best digital Batman simulator we've seen to date." Gametrailers praised the game's "little details that truly bring Arkham Asylum to life", and that consumers should "know that this is a game worth playing", giving Arkham a 9.0/10.
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

so apparently this new batman game is pretty good Empty Re: so apparently this new batman game is pretty good

Post by Aristotle Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:38 pm

indeed. i watched the trailer on ign the other day. looked pretty fun for a superhero game.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:04 pm

Did you buy it yet?
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:09 pm

nah, im just going to rent it from gamefly after i get done with wolfenstein
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:09 pm

the only games i plan on buying in the next few months are cod, forza, and maybe need for speed shift
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:12 am

Need for speedshift? :saynomore:
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:24 am

honor m4n wrote:the only games i plan on buying in the next few months are cod, forza, and maybe need for speed shift

not even beatles rockband? :curses:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:37 am

ill probably get that too. i usually get bored with those games pretty fast but it IS the beatles. plus theres a ton of extras. yeah, ill buy it. :talon2:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:20 am

honor m4n wrote:the only games i plan on buying in the next few months are cod, forza, and maybe need for speed shift

Yes! I am going to get all of these. Have CoD on reserve but will put the other two on next time I go to Gamestop. Can't wait... haven't bought a new video game in months. Mainly because nothing out looks interesting to me. :undies:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:21 am

Might have to watch some Batman reviews. Generally, i hate comic video games.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:17 am

me too, the only one i ever really liked was incredible hulk ultimate destruction for the original xbox. that game rules.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:11 pm

I d/l'ed the demo. It was okay. I am not going to buy it though.

BTW Honor, Best Buy has a deal going on buy one get one half off. If you pre-order NFS: Shift you can get Forza3 half off, or vice-versa. Same with CoD MW2 and such.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:33 pm

:cheers:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:11 pm

Just ordered NFS Shift and got Forza 3 for $30. Free shipping too.

Would have gotten CoD MW2 but already have it on reserve for PS3.

Bunch of bad ass games coming out soon. :talon2:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:24 am

I played the demo they had at the Wall. I like it, it's pretty cool. I'm gonna get it once my PS3 comes in.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:59 pm

i bought it. it fucking rules.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:50 pm

I want it. Every geek I know, online and off, has said it's awesome. :hail:
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:03 pm

batman and joker are original voice cast from original animated series!

at least the joker is. mark hamill--best joker voice ever.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:06 am

jesus, do you have an xbox or ps3?
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:07 am

I liked the demo but there are games much higher on my must have list coming out that i'll need the money for.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:59 am

^This. NFS: Shift comes out in a couple weeks. Forza, R&C, CoD all come out in the next month and a half. :talon2:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:00 am

Honor: This game ROCKS
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:01 am

So apparently Gran Turismo has NASCAR.

But Forza will have the V8 Supercars http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/02/they-come-from-a-land-down-under-australian-v8-supercars-join-i/

Maybe we'll get Bathurst???? :suspense: :suspense: :suspense: (EDIT: Maybe not according to what I've read on the FM site. At least not when it releases.)

Forza also confirmed the Bugatti Veyron http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/02/autoblog-video-exclusive-the-bugatti-veyron-joins-forza-motorsp/
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:15 am

Veyron. Pfft. It's so easy to modify a car in GT or Forza to make 1000hp anyways.

But hrm, a modded Veyron....... 2000hp?

Useless.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:50 pm

forza is going to pwn.

gran tourismo will probably be cool, but it's going to be like metal gear - awesome for a minute and then forgotten.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:03 pm

Benfolio wrote:Veyron. Pfft. It's so easy to modify a car in GT or Forza to make 1000hp anyways.

Useless.

2000hp, plus if you can do the weight reduction taking it down to like 2500 lbs, and the car is already AWD, that will be one fast fucker. possibly too fast to control it on most tracks...
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:04 pm

i bet they will just do the thing where you cant mod the engine or can only add a few small things to it like they did in forza 2 with alot of the supercars. i dont see any car being able to go higher than 12-1300hp, but hopefully they changed it.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:58 pm

Aristotle wrote:forza is going to pwn.

gran tourismo will probably be cool, but it's going to be like metal gear - awesome for a minute and then forgotten.

for as long as theyre fucking taking on it it had better be fucking stellar.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:03 pm

haha, apparently the prius and insight will be in gt5.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:56 pm

if that isn't an indication that it's going to suck, then i don't know what is.

forza needs to add some fucking drag racing.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:08 pm

JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:09 am

that game is gonna rock so hard
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:53 pm

honor m4n wrote:
Benfolio wrote:Veyron. Pfft. It's so easy to modify a car in GT or Forza to make 1000hp anyways.

Useless.

2000hp, plus if you can do the weight reduction taking it down to like 2500 lbs, and the car is already AWD, that will be one fast fucker. possibly too fast to control it on most tracks...

The Veyron already runs too hot for an engine cover. I think an extra 200hp is the most any aftermarket tuners have decided on.
I'm hoping the modding is realistic in this game.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:44 am

i have been playing batman, the scarecrow dreams are pretty freaky. :gah
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:20 pm

honor m4n wrote:i have been playing batman, the scarecrow dreams are pretty freaky. :gah

This is not freaky :saynomore:

The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:14 am

yeah poison ivy is pretty hot.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum