Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE OFFICIAL US ELECTION DAY THREAD

+10
Aristotle
Pete.Z
big_jesus
xtine
Talon
Olds
SBF
VS
TheWoerus
JaysonAych
14 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

THE OFFICIAL US ELECTION DAY THREAD Empty THE OFFICIAL US ELECTION DAY THREAD

Post by JaysonAych Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:20 am

This is the place to talk about Red States, Blue States, Grey States, Polka Dotted States, whatever.

Map as of November 15th...showing the electoral split in NE.

THE OFFICIAL US ELECTION DAY THREAD Electi31

Last edited by JaysonAych on Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:04 am; edited 23 times in total
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

THE OFFICIAL US ELECTION DAY THREAD Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL US ELECTION DAY THREAD

Post by JaysonAych Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:23 am

JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

THE OFFICIAL US ELECTION DAY THREAD Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL US ELECTION DAY THREAD

Post by JaysonAych Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:44 am

Just got back from the polls. Because of my shift, I've always gone in right when the polls open, and compared to previous years, general turnout was high. Certainly seemed to be a healthy black voter turnout as well.

Lines got long quick, but I got there at a good time. We use those Scantron-style ballots, and there was some sort of problem getting the scanning machine going. The guy running the machine was about to have an aneurysm. He was flailing around from one end of the community center to the other muttering OMG THIS IS A DISASTER. He was only a few decibels away from being Screamo :screamo: It ended up being the fastest-solved disaster in history, as I think I was out of there 5 minutes later :roflmao:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:06 am

OMG I'M GOING TO FUCKING DIE
TheWoerus
TheWoerus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:07 am

And I'll say right now, if Pennsylvania and Virginia go Obama we can all hit the sack early tonight.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:08 am

On the little voting slip they give you my number was 0356. the lady was writing into the book upside down so she wrote my number as 0359 because she is a dumb old lady. I corrected her but I can't imagine how many votes are being marked incorrectly. I don't know if that has any bearing on things but christ, these old ladies suck.
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:50 am

I just got back from the polls. I live in a small town, so there is generally not long lines, plus they have I think 3 polling places in our town. We had the scantron style ballots too, but they had 3 different ballots, I was like WTF.

Anyway, my votes in for Obama. I checked my ballot 3 times on the way to the machine to make sure my vote was for Obama/Biden. :gah
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:58 am

SBF wrote:I just got back from the polls. I live in a small town, so there is generally not long lines, plus they have I think 3 polling places in our town. We had the scantron style ballots too, but they had 3 different ballots, I was like WTF.

Anyway, my votes in for Obama. I checked my ballot 3 times on the way to the machine to make sure my vote was for Obama/Biden. :gah

hahaha I did the same thing. Then I took a picture of it so I could reassure myself over the following weeks.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:00 am

I wrote GOBAMA on my office door at school. I like to feel I've contributed in a meaningful way. -_-
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:03 am

Olds wrote:I wrote GOBAMA on my office door at school. I like to feel I've contributed in a meaningful way. -_-

:roflmao: :roflmao: I replaced my 'Facebook' profile picture with an Obama / Biden campaign sign. I too contributed in a meaningful way.

I also gave their campaign $150. :rapist:
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:03 am

I will be leaving from work early to try and beat the post-work crowd.

Looking forward to it, expecially since I am in one of the bigger swing states. Kind of makes me feel my vote is worth more than others. :rapist: :hmmm:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:06 am

I also want to see if Al Franken manages to actually make it to the senate.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:16 pm

Fuck Tampa.

Our early voting location was run by these decrepit old ladies that took forrrevvvverrrr to explain shit and check us in. Thankfully, the lady who was running the ballot machine was a little less senile. It was pretty painless and hopefully no hanging chads to worry about.

Speaking of hanging chads: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/11/03/ap/strange/main4567257.shtml
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:40 pm

VS wrote:On the little voting slip they give you my number was 0356. the lady was writing into the book upside down so she wrote my number as 0359 because she is a dumb old lady. I corrected her but I can't imagine how many votes are being marked incorrectly. I don't know if that has any bearing on things but christ, these old ladies suck.

HOLY SHIT

YOU VOTED!?!?
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:53 pm

Obama baby
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:59 pm

AFers fucking going out in public for the first time in years and shit
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:01 pm

xtine wrote:

Fuck Tampa.

Our early voting location was run by these decrepit old ladies that took forrrevvvverrrr to explain shit and check us in. Thankfully, the lady who was running the ballot machine was a little less senile. It was pretty painless and hopefully no hanging chads to worry about.

Speaking of hanging chads: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/11/03/ap/strange/main4567257.shtml

I think introducing nudity to politics would really take the edge off things. Attack ads would lose their punch.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete.Z Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:41 pm

I would like to have Falcons email address,to contact him and ask for his feelings when Obama wins. :saynomore:
Pete.Z
Pete.Z
Guess I'm still Ray Bolger.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:43 pm

Pete.Z wrote:I would like to have Falcons email address,to contact him and ask for his feelings when Obama wins. :saynomore:

:roflmao: :roflmao: I hope he drives his mustang off a cliff.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:19 pm

+1 Ohio vote for O/ B. :talon2:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:02 pm

Polls are closing in a few states...here we go...
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:02 pm

JaysonAych wrote:Polls are closing in a few states...here we go...

HOLD ME JAYSON AYCH!!!!!
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:05 pm

TheWoerus wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:Polls are closing in a few states...here we go...

HOLD ME JAYSON AYCH!!!!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked wub
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:06 pm

Apparently exit polls in PA (as far as we can trust them) are showing an Obama 15 point lead.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:13 pm

Anyone else imbibing themselves with alcoholic beverages?
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:15 pm

JaysonAych wrote:Anyone else imbibing themselves with alcoholic beverages?

I'm Still at work. Fuck it, I'm picking some up on my way home.

GAHHh GAHH GAHH
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:19 pm

I'm at work until 9, but i should partake after...
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:19 pm

Mmmm....cheap wine.

Local news is starting to roll in some election results. McCain should carry Kentucky easy, but Louisville news will also show Indiana results and it looks like they're updating quicker than the national news channels. We've got a close senate race to unseat the incumbent Republican going on...
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:23 pm

i have 4 bottles of MD 20/20 that i'll pound if he loses.

i have a $90 bottle of small batch rye that i'll drink if he wins.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:26 pm

I didn't place any conditions on the drinking. I just wanted to get buzzed.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete.Z Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:27 pm

TheWoerus wrote:Apparently exit polls in PA (as far as we can trust them) are showing an Obama 15 point lead.

Democrats always do better in the exit polls then in real,remember Gore in Ohio?

Sorry wally. lol!

It's 00.30 in the morning here,watching Dutch live TV,they broadcast from Washington all night (our night,that is) to cover the elections.
Obama mania.....
Pete.Z
Pete.Z

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:30 pm

:30 until we start seeing real results.

holy shit

HOLY SHIT

okokokokokokokokok

uhhh

fuck
VA might be a while in getting results in though
long lines
fuck!
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:39 pm

The Indiana polls will be interesting because part of the state is on Eastern time and the other part is on Central. When results come in, there will be that one hour delay waiting for the Central time zone areas to close their polls and come in, that include the Chicago suburbs with a high black population, but also the southwest that includes a lot of rural communities.

Early polls though are showing Obama with a slight edge.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:42 pm

IN should be relatively quick in getting results back, unlike the primary
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:44 pm

I need to pace myself...I'm almost through the first of my two bottles of wine.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:45 pm

big_jesus wrote:IN should be relatively quick in getting results back, unlike the primary

Usually their one of the first states to get called, not just because of the poll closing times, but because it normally goes republican. but if it's as close as the polls have been showing, it may be later into the night before it's called.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:50 pm

i thought you didn't drink...
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:53 pm

Normally I don't, but I will break out the booze on special occasions.

About the only thing I can stomach these days is wine though.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete.Z Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:55 pm

McCain wins Kentucky, it's very close in Indiana.
Pete.Z
Pete.Z

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:57 pm

Can't call a state yet. It's not even 7.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next