Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HotWheels makes Star Trek ships now?!?

+2
Honor
Tailhappy
6 posters

Go down

HotWheels makes Star Trek ships now?!? Empty HotWheels makes Star Trek ships now?!?

Post by Tailhappy Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:24 pm

And of all the places I find one, it's at the grocery store.

HotWheels makes Star Trek ships now?!? Ku-bigpic

The funny thing is, I've been looking at HotWheels a lot lately, a lot more than usual, and have never seen a ship, but apparently they've been making these since May, and the ships from Into Darkness too.

Wasn't even trying to find one at Pick N Save, just happened to notice the one row display they had, and two Enterprises were hanging from it.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

HotWheels makes Star Trek ships now?!? Empty Re: HotWheels makes Star Trek ships now?!?

Post by Honor Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:03 pm

Most of the latest Hot Wheels have been pretty lame in my opinion. I havent bought any in a while.
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

HotWheels makes Star Trek ships now?!? Empty Re: HotWheels makes Star Trek ships now?!?

Post by thewalrus Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:56 am

Honor wrote:Most of the latest Hot Wheels have been pretty lame in my opinion. I havent bought any in a while.
Well, you're also in your 30s...
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:23 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Honor wrote:Most of the latest Hot Wheels have been pretty lame in my opinion. I havent bought any in a while.
Physically, but mentally he's still about five. -_- 
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:42 pm

I just put them in shoe boxes and stick them in my closet. Every so often I take them out and look at them. They're cool, they're just miniature model cars.

I'd say I probably have about 4-500 of them. All in mint condition. I never buy any of the goofy ones though, only the more realistic ones.

Last edited by Honor on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Talon wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

Physically, but mentally he's still about five. -_- 
I'd say around 12 or 13 at the most. :roflmao: 
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:09 pm

Honor wrote:I just put them in shoe boxes and stick them in my closet. Every so often I take them out and look at them. They're cool, they're just miniature model cars.

I'd say I probably have about 4-500 of them. All in mint condition. I never buy any of the goofy ones though, only the more realistic ones.
That's cool. There are definitely way sillier things to collect. Do you still have a lot of the bigger models?
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:11 pm

You mean like the 1:18 scales? No, I gave most of them away. They were taking up too much room.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:32 am

I sold a lot of my little and big toy cars to buy a real one. Also video games and whatnot. I may be growing up. But I will still drop a buck or two on something like this, because.... its a buck.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:53 pm

dude, I need to find that. looks like the movie ship rather than the TOS ship though.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:10 pm

Yeah it's the "refit" that they flew in the movies. Not quite the A, but it had a different deflector, engine nacelles, and bridge.

<---Nerd
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:48 am

I remember when Micro Machines had Star Trek models (at about the scale of the HW model above, not teeny-tiny). They were plastic, but they were pretty well-detailed.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:24 am

Yeah I had a set of TNG ships. They had little stands too, and yeah... very detailed for as small as they were. The Enterprise D even had a removable saucer section.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down