Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new Taurus

+2
JaysonAych
Tailhappy
6 posters

Go down

The new Taurus Empty The new Taurus

Post by Tailhappy Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:43 pm

Locks your seatbelt if you invoke the ESP.

Also if you press "coast" long enough when you have the cruise on, it will downshift the trans to slow you down more.

Also I think a chopped 50's Mercury has a bigger back window. :sonofscreamo:
Tailhappy
Tailhappy
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

The new Taurus Empty Re: The new Taurus

Post by JaysonAych Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:43 pm

Those things are fucking whales. A damn sight better car than the one it replaced, but holy hell they're big.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:04 pm

The new Taurus looks better than the last two, but I still don't like them. They are huge in person.
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:18 pm

I think the new Focus is pretty cool looking.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:25 pm

Talon wrote:I think the new Focus is pretty cool looking.

I took a good look at one back when I was considering trading in the Dodge, but didn't actually drive it. It's well put together on the inside, and a much better place to be than the old Focus.

I really like the Fiesta, though. I drove it and it's great on the road. A good blend of handling and ride, a great interior for the price, and it's a really comfortable car considering how small it is.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:22 am

JaysonAych wrote:Those things are fucking whales. A damn sight better car than the one it replaced, but holy hell they're big.

It reminded me of driving my Crown Vic.... if my Crown Vic had gotten stung by a bee and was allergic. There's no reason for pillars to be that thick. And the ass that high. When pickup trucks were behind me I couldn't see the headlights, and the a-pillars were thick enough to hide a Geo Metro.

Other than that it had a decent stereo, a nice ride (for long hwy trips), adequate power, and was very very quiet inside.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:25 am

i part own a taurus. it's a piece of shit....

and never seen it in real life
ascona
ascona

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:06 am

JaysonAych wrote:

I took a good look at one back when I was considering trading in the Dodge, but didn't actually drive it. It's well put together on the inside, and a much better place to be than the old Focus.

I really like the Fiesta, though. I drove it and it's great on the road. A good blend of handling and ride, a great interior for the price, and it's a really comfortable car considering how small it is.

How would you compare it to the Honda Fit? I know nothing of the Focus’s power ratings or anything, but it gets hella good mileage from what I’ve seen.

I like the new Fit. I loosely considered buying one before I had my Subaru. I didn’t like the styling of the first gens so much but the second gens looked a lot nicer. They were ultimately too expensive (even used ones… damn Honda and their resale value) and at the end of the day, I couldn’t see myself driving one for the next six or seven years.

I bet if you got either car with a MT and could live with the lack of straight line umph, they’d both be pretty fun cars to toss around.

Hell, now that I think about it, there’s a new racing class in (either NASA or SCCA, I can’t remember) that is Fits and Mazda 2s.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:06 pm

Talon wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:

How would you compare it to the Honda Fit? I know nothing of the Focus’s power ratings or anything, but it gets hella good mileage from what I’ve seen.

I like the new Fit. I loosely considered buying one before I had my Subaru. I didn’t like the styling of the first gens so much but the second gens looked a lot nicer. They were ultimately too expensive (even used ones… damn Honda and their resale value) and at the end of the day, I couldn’t see myself driving one for the next six or seven years.

I bet if you got either car with a MT and could live with the lack of straight line umph, they’d both be pretty fun cars to toss around.

Hell, now that I think about it, there’s a new racing class in (either NASA or SCCA, I can’t remember) that is Fits and Mazda 2s.

I've never been inside a Fit, so I really couldn't tell you.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:34 pm

My co-worker has a 1st gen Fit. That's about all I know of them.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by spaced cowboy Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:26 am

I think the details look good, but everytime I see one on the road I keep mistaking it initially for a crossover of some kind. It just seems to ride really tall to me for some reason.
spaced cowboy
spaced cowboy
And so the woe continues.
And so the woe continues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down