Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My house in edmonton got broken into and my labtop got jacked

+2
ascona
millertime
6 posters

Go down

My house in edmonton got broken into and my labtop got jacked Empty My house in edmonton got broken into and my labtop got jacked

Post by millertime Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:46 pm

Now I am fucked. I got so much critical data on that thing. Fuck.

And it only happened because my fucking landlords "fixed our window" without our permission and made it really easy to open and close. FUCK FUCK FUCK.

I dont give a shit about the laptop. its the years of stuff I have save on that thing that I will never get back.
millertime
millertime
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands

Back to top Go down

My house in edmonton got broken into and my labtop got jacked Empty Re: My house in edmonton got broken into and my labtop got jacked

Post by ascona Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:52 pm

burglaries suck. as do backups. oh wait. SNAP!
ascona
ascona
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

My house in edmonton got broken into and my labtop got jacked Empty Re: My house in edmonton got broken into and my labtop got jacked

Post by millertime Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:02 am

Ascona wrote:burglaries suck. as do backups. oh wait. SNAP!

funny you mention backups. I had my backup drive sitting right next to it and they never took it.

Mostly I am worried about someone using my information on that computer fraudulently. I can live with the lost data.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:24 am

that fucking sucks, miller. sorry to hear it.

is this the apt you were living in when you were in school?
Aristotle
Aristotle
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:39 am

:smelly: :smelly: :smelly: :smelly:

If they catch the guy, we'll all take turns beating him.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:26 am

JaysonAych wrote::smelly: :smelly: :smelly: :smelly:

indeed :millertime:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:43 am

Aristotle wrote:that fucking sucks, miller. sorry to hear it.

is this the apt you were living in when you were in school?

ya, house i rent with my girlfriend. another couple, and some iranian.

apparently the theives got in through a window that our landlords opened up in our bedroom when they came unannounced this past sunday.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:46 am

sue the landlord. and the iranian guy, just to be sure.
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:46 am

JaysonAych wrote::smelly: :smelly: :smelly: :smelly:

off
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:36 am

Please tell me they didn't touch that massive vat of vasoline that you had sitting next to your computer. :undies:

Seriously though, that really sucks. Good luck getting the EPS to do anything about it.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:39 pm

check some pawn shops. you may find it there, if it was people looking to sell it for drugs.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:22 pm

well, I guess now is as good a time as any to convert my personal computing to linux.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:30 pm

millertime wrote:well, I guess now is as good a time as any to convert my personal computing to linux.

isn't any time?
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:01 am

Ascona wrote:
millertime wrote:well, I guess now is as good a time as any to convert my personal computing to linux.

isn't any time?

well ya. But before I had all my stuff on a windows machine and couldn't be bothered to try and make this eeePC my main computer with a larger monitor and keyboard. Now that this is my only computer I might as well keep using this type of operating system.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:03 am

ohh yeah . . .. well' i wish you much luck and enjoyment.
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by milleniahead Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:22 am

:bigjesus:

"GOOD, good..."
milleniahead
milleniahead
is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down