Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You Fail Me Again, Subaru. PART TWO

+2
Swerve
SBF
6 posters

Go down

You Fail Me Again, Subaru. PART TWO Empty You Fail Me Again, Subaru. PART TWO

Post by SBF Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:39 pm

I really hate this, Subaru has always stood out from the crowd. I have always liked their styling.

Subaru seeks to dump 'quirky,' broaden appeal

"We want to broaden the appeal to make it accessible to more than a small, loyal crowd," Namba, 54, said last month in an interview at the Tokyo headquarters of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd., Subaru's parent company. "We need to add a more contemporary element."

Clean and simple

Subaru was already on its way to unifying its design language with what became the latest overhauls of the Legacy sedan and Outback wagon. Namba says he will build on that, with a couple of tweaks.

He wants to keep Subaru's utilitarian spirit and functional packaging but add a more modernistic flair. Namba says he will be striving for:

-- A stronger overall presence for the cars.

-- More pronounced, sculpted front fascia.

-- Broader, more defined bumpers.

-- A stronger side accent line, positioned lower on the body.

SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

You Fail Me Again, Subaru. PART TWO Empty Re: You Fail Me Again, Subaru. PART TWO

Post by Swerve Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:29 am

I wouldn't worry about it. A new Subaru has always been a 50:50 prospect in terms of looks and the company would have changed that long ago if they had any idea how.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

You Fail Me Again, Subaru. PART TWO Empty Re: You Fail Me Again, Subaru. PART TWO

Post by Talon Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:45 am

I'll hold judgement until I see the cars... their styling has gone donwhill over the past decade, though.
Talon
Talon
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:11 pm

there was a time when they were quirky, but the styling wasn't polarizing like it is now. they're probably still going to be quirky, just in more of a "bold" sort of way, rather than a "love-it-or-hate-it" sort of way.
This may not be as bad as it sounds. I'd like to see what they come up with.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:38 pm

Turbojett wrote:there was a time when they were quirky, but the styling wasn't polarizing like it is now. they're probably still going to be quirky, just in more of a "bold" sort of way, rather than a "love-it-or-hate-it" sort of way.
This may not be as bad as it sounds. I'd like to see what they come up with.

Well considering most of their lineup looks like the rest of the Japanese market now, I don't think there is going to be anything that stands out. The only thing I like is the Forester and the WRX/STI sedan even though it looks like a Corolla.

They need to get back into rally racing.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:51 pm

perhaps when the economy gets better. that's the reason they dropped out, although the WRC is supposedly on its last legs.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:04 am

the new legacy sucks.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:05 am

impreza coupe? looks pretty good.

You Fail Me Again, Subaru. PART TWO 2010_subaru_impreza_coupe
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:53 am

Is that just a render? It looks pretty damn sexy.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Even though it's a 3-door, rather than a true coupe, I must say I'd hit that.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:28 pm

JaysonAych wrote:Is that just a render? It looks pretty damn sexy.

That definitely is a render, the colors are off.

Looks awesome as hell though.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum