Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cadillac are a bunch of lieing pussies

+4
Tailhappy
Turbojett
Les_Vipers_rule
ascona
8 posters

Go down

cadillac are a bunch of lieing pussies Empty cadillac are a bunch of lieing pussies

Post by ascona Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:30 pm

so there i am, i recently bought a cadillac cts sports-luxury

i got home from a night in the town, last sunday, and my fucking front brakes are almost on fire. heaps of smoke coming from them. there were molten bits of lord knows what on my pads, and my rubber piston seals on my left hand caliper are burnt.

phone pic when i got home
cadillac are a bunch of lieing pussies Dsc00010
some other pics of the pads
cadillac are a bunch of lieing pussies P1030010
cadillac are a bunch of lieing pussies P1030011
caliper seal shit
cadillac are a bunch of lieing pussies P1030012

ordered new caliper seals (entire revision set, actually)
gonna put in brand new dot5.1 (or dot4 if local shop doesn't carry 5.1) brake fluid in
gonna order some hawk or R1concepts pads and/or discs online (anyone ever heard of r1concepts? he's on the caddy forums, and everyone on there loves his stuff, but i've never heard of it outside of there....)

well, so far my contribution to the automotive part....
ascona
ascona
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

cadillac are a bunch of lieing pussies Empty Re: cadillac are a bunch of lieing pussies

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:53 pm

Um change your pads when the wear indicator squeals. Your pads based on the pics had nothing left.

I'm gonna think if you had premature wear on the pads that you had a dragging calipers given the seals look failed The innards probably got contaminated causing the pistons to not properly reseat upon use. I had the same sort of issue with one of my rear discs. One caliper which was only a little over a year old began to show signs of heat and I felt a slight dragging. I looked at it and the seal was fine but in my case I think they had some contamination inside the bore from manufacturing causing the piston to hang up. I took the caliper off and was going to replace it with a new one. But as it sat over night the remaining fluid drained out as it sat in cardboard box. I decided to give it a retry and put it back on. Did a thorough brake fluid flush at all four wheels and ta da the caliper works just fine now.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

cadillac are a bunch of lieing pussies Empty Re: cadillac are a bunch of lieing pussies

Post by Turbojett Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:17 pm

yeah, dude, your pads were gone.
Turbojett
Turbojett
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:51 pm

Um, guys? The friction side of the pad is facing down. Looks like its got SOME meat on it, otherwise the squeaker would be hitting the ground, or whatever the pad is sitting on.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:04 pm

Yeah those have plenty of pad
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:36 pm

Meh, since when has Cadillac and Sporty ever been used in the same sentence

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:41 pm

Saw a Mallet CTS-V tonight. Thing sounded like it had straight pipes, it was LOVELY.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:13 am

Watched the episode of Top Gear featuring the Cadillac 16. They should have found a way to build that.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:17 am

the pads still have some meat left, though it wouldn't hurt to replace them (together with the discs :) )
once my brakes have cooled down, i'm gonna fondle around with my calipers..
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:48 am

Benfolio wrote:Saw a Mallet CTS-V tonight. Thing sounded like it had straight pipes, it was LOVELY.

Saw a Mallet Solstice a couple years ago. Ridiculous and awesome at the same time.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:25 pm

restored my front calipers :) and flushed the brake fluid system with brand new ATE Super Blue Racing...
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:52 pm

SBF wrote:
Benfolio wrote:Saw a Mallet CTS-V tonight. Thing sounded like it had straight pipes, it was LOVELY.

Saw a Mallet Solstice a couple years ago. Ridiculous and awesome at the same time.
Oh, if I could only get my hands on one of those, it'd end up being a really fucking awesome casket.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:47 am

Now that I can see the picture of that brake pad, there is barely and friction material left on it, That thick piece is the backing plate and the thin plate on it is the anti-squeal part that the pistons push against.

The backing plate can't be more than an 1/8 of and inch off the ground.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:15 pm

yeah those pads are done

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:53 pm

they still have a couple of weeks of normal use... on them, picture doesn't portray it properly, as it's on cardboard.

but yes, they're soon to be replaced anyway. still not sure if i'd go for remsa, hawk or other stuff...
same for the rotors.. they'll probably be R1 concept rotors, but not sure bout "plain" or slotted.... also, not sure bout "eline" or "premium"
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:07 pm

Swerve wrote:Watched the episode of Top Gear featuring the Cadillac 16. They should have found a way to build that.
I think I've seen that on YouTube somewhere, didn't he just drive it around at like 20 mph and smoke a cigar?

Also what's the point of making a 1000hp engine if you're going to limit the speed that low on the concept... jeez, 50 at least.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down