Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who says there is no passing in F1?

+2
thewalrus
Les_Vipers_rule
6 posters

:: Sports

Go down

Who says there is no passing in F1? Empty Who says there is no passing in F1?

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:41 pm

That China GP was one of the best GP's in recent memory. No, it was not perfect,for one having the SC come out for an extended time period just to remove a few pieces of carbon fiber from the STR well was odd and even Jensen Button if one listens between his post race words felt the same. But with on/off spitting rain and all, well we had a great race with some great passing and passing attempts. In the end a McLaren 1-2 only made it all the better for me. I'd have preferred Hamilton first but I'm ok with Button getting first. He took better care of his tires. Had Hamilton not saw quicker wear out of his fronts he'd have passed Button though. That said the McLaren was the best car too. It is amazing at how well and quickly they can get power down out of a corner.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

Who says there is no passing in F1? Empty Re: Who says there is no passing in F1?

Post by thewalrus Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:56 pm

Wow. I didn't get a chance to see it live, but the results are to my liking. Button is really proving that he deserved the Championship last year - and might very well deserve it again this year.
thewalrus
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Who says there is no passing in F1? Empty Re: Who says there is no passing in F1?

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:01 am

The race was so enjoyable for me it was one that I burned off my HDD onto a DVD-R. Of course a McLaren 1-2 for me made it easy to want to keep it. touchdown
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:24 am

The race wasn't as good as Australia or Malaysia, which is saying something about this season because it was still fantastic.
Today I laid down a $50 bet that Hamilton would end the season on more points than Button. A bit of a risk considering Button's already in front and Hamilton has an inevitable grid penalty coming up. But although Button looks tactically smarter, I find it hard to believe Hamilton's speed advantage won't get him across the line.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:56 pm

My opinion of that race is that Red bull's strategic guys need to be fired. Hell, I thought that in the first race of the year. Yes, I am biased, but there have been a few times now that bringing in Webber/vettel earlier (or not at all as in China) would have made a world of difference. All anybody remembers from Australia is webber hitting Hamilton. If they'd bought the Red Bulls in when all the other teams did that would never have been an issue.

Oh yeah. Go JB. If Webber (or Vettel since i'm being a team man) cant do it i'd love to see Button do it again. It would shit in the face of so many people that said JB was just an average driver in a good car. I like Jensen. You can see he's just a nice guy.
dunnas
dunnas
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue May 04, 2010 2:30 am

There is passing in F2, however. Very unconventional passing, starting around the 1:05 mark.

JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Fri May 07, 2010 9:49 am

Damn. they all just came out of nowhere.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Sports

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum