Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can we have a serious talk about GT5?

+6
dunnas
Tailhappy
Honor
Talon
zdc_LarryRX
SBF
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Can we have a serious talk about GT5? Empty Can we have a serious talk about GT5?

Post by SBF Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:28 pm

Now they are talking about a late spring/early summer release. What else do they really need to do to this fucking game?

Now I don't have a PS3, don't plan on getting one, and I find this fucking ridiculous. I'm sorry, but I feel that they've kept the Gran Turismo fans waiting too long and it's probably going to end up a disappointment.

Now, I have played the Forza 3 demo and hopefully I'm getting it for christmas, but the original Forza to me, was better than GT4.

Polyphony needs to suck it.
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Can we have a serious talk about GT5? Empty Re: Can we have a serious talk about GT5?

Post by zdc_LarryRX Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:57 pm

GT5 = :afargument:
zdc_LarryRX
zdc_LarryRX
My mind is littered with anguish, much like the board is littered with my posts.
My mind is littered with anguish, much like the board is littered with my posts.

Back to top Go down

Can we have a serious talk about GT5? Empty Re: Can we have a serious talk about GT5?

Post by Talon Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:24 pm

I've completely forgotten about it. It's like the Chinese Democracy of video games... all the GT games have been that way.
Talon
Talon
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:23 pm

i have no idea when itll be out, but ill be first in line to buy it when it does. til then, forza 3 is plenty good enough to give me my racing fix.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:24 pm

oh and a demo featuring the 370z is set to be released on the playstation network in 2 days, talon.

oh and i think ill be getting one of these

http://gizmodo.com/5156500/cross-battle-adapter-brings-xbox-360-controller-to-ps3-with-rumble
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:53 pm

GT5 will be out in time for Forza 4, so that should be interesting..... give Turn10 time to fix the hurried Forza 3 and make a worthy competitor instead of a place holder.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:03 pm

The problem is that Forza 2 seemed like a hurried placeholder too. They should have given Forza 3 another few months.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:49 pm

Regardless of Forza 3 being a placeholder I really feel like GT5 is going to b a drawn out disappointment.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:23 am

At least Forza 2 let you shift with the right paddle. :sonofscreamo:
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:05 pm

i'm sure gt5 will be cool and all, but there is some inherent bullshit in those tourismo games -- the bad AI and bogus physics, specifically.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:48 am

Oh yea, I am going to buy the shit out of that game when it comes out.

I d/l'ed the demo but haven't played it yet.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:49 am

same, talon. i think gt5 will be something special, it would be some major bs if they took all this time and turned out a stinker. i hope they have more sense than that.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:50 am

Aristotle wrote:i'm sure gt5 will be cool and all, but there is some inherent bullshit in those tourismo games -- the bad AI and bogus physics, specifically.

And the black flag bullshit. If they keep that shit in the real game, that could be one of the biggest fuck-ups in any video game ever. Fucking black flag cock blocking piece of shit. :sonofscreamo:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:50 am

Benfolio wrote:At least Forza 2 let you shift with the right paddle. :sonofscreamo:

I just want all driving games to let me use the right joystick to shift the car. That's cool...
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:58 am

Talon wrote:
Aristotle wrote:i'm sure gt5 will be cool and all, but there is some inherent bullshit in those tourismo games -- the bad AI and bogus physics, specifically.

And the black flag bullshit. If they keep that shit in the real game, that could be one of the biggest fuck-ups in any video game ever. Fucking black flag cock blocking piece of shit. :sonofscreamo:

that was the BS where even if the other car crashed into you, you were the one penalized? that was infuriating.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:17 am

agghhhh my xbox isnt turning on at all! the light on the power adapter is red! :gah
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:25 am

great, i unplugged the power supply, let it cool off in front of a fan for a while, plugged it back in, the light turned orange, then plugged it into the xbox, and then it turned red. which i assume means the problem is with the console and not the power supply itself. and my warranty expired last september. :facepalm:

bullshit, MS makes a hastily built system that only lasts a couple years and then forces people to spend more buying a new one. i paid 400 for mine back in 2006, it should last alot longer than that. im calling them tomorrow and giving them an earful if they want to try to charge me for repairs.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:28 am

dont feel bad my brothers PS3 has similar issues, it gets so hot that the sauter around the processor melts, the only way to fix it, non permanently, is to completely take it apart and use a heat gun to melt it back into place

he did it once, it worked for about a month..hasn't done it again..buncha B.S.

sony wants 150$ to "fix" it
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:11 am

Yeah ps3 has it's issues, my buddys just quit reading discs, they said that he would have to pay to fix it, it was like $280 or some shit, he said fuck it and bought a new one.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:27 am

Dodge wrote:dont feel bad my brothers PS3 has similar issues, it gets so hot that the sauter around the processor melts, the only way to fix it, non permanently, is to completely take it apart and use a heat gun to melt it back into place

You mean solder? :lol:
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:57 am

SBF wrote:Yeah ps3 has it's issues, my buddys just quit reading discs, they said that he would have to pay to fix it, it was like $280 or some shit, he said fuck it and bought a new one.

fucking ridiculous. they might as well stick a gun in your face and rob you. "oh we're gonna make a shitty product and then charge you out the ass when it breaks". FUCK :curses:

i have a ps3 and have had no issues with it. then again i hardly ever use it...

Last edited by Honor on Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:35 pm

its working again, thank god. i took the power supply box out to a gamestop to try to have a guy help me and i guess riding around in the car cooled it off or something, i'm not sure. at least if it acts up again ill know its the power box that needs replacing and not the console itself.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:04 pm

Talon wrote:

oh, fuck, i forgot about that bullshit. fffffffuck that. :smelly:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:09 pm

Honor wrote:
SBF wrote:Yeah ps3 has it's issues, my buddys just quit reading discs, they said that he would have to pay to fix it, it was like $280 or some shit, he said fuck it and bought a new one.

fucking ridiculous. they might as well stick a gun in your face and rob you. "oh we're gonna make a shitty product and then charge you out the ass when it breaks". FUCK :curses:

I know, it's highway robbery. And most people, not wanting to deal with MS and the wait, just buy another one... which then just adds more money into MS's pockets. Doesn't make a dick bit of sense. I wouldn't be surprised if they have engineers that make sure they'll fail after a year just to get people to buy a second or third system. Seems the best way for me to make sure my 360 lasts is to not use it. Seems to be working thus far. :jay:

If I know I am going to be playing my PS3 for a long time, or watching a Blu-Ray, I put a fan near it. If anything ever happened to my PS3 I would kill someone.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:57 pm

Benfolio wrote:
Dodge wrote:dont feel bad my brothers PS3 has similar issues, it gets so hot that the sauter around the processor melts, the only way to fix it, non permanently, is to completely take it apart and use a heat gun to melt it back into place

You mean solder? :lol:

tomateoh tomatoh
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:41 pm

oh and about GT5, if i see a car hit another car and bounce off ridiculously, i'll never touch it. 5 versions, we should be able to calculate bump physics by now. fuck you sony.
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:53 pm

There's some bullshit AI in FM3 too..... but there is brilliance as well. I love shoving my way past a car and in the next corner he gives me a little 'love tap'.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:29 am

Honor wrote:its working again, thank god. i took the power supply box out to a gamestop to try to have a guy help me and i guess riding around in the car cooled it off or something, i'm not sure. at least if it acts up again ill know its the power box that needs replacing and not the console itself.

Did you let it ride up front? I find that boosts its self esteem enough to get it performing again.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:51 am

Probably let it stick it's cord out the window.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:41 pm

yeah, it rode up front like a big boy :roflmao:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:25 pm

You know, only power supplys over the age of 12 should be seated in the front seat of a vehicle with airbags.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:56 am

I don't think anything MS makes would last even last 12 years...
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:02 am

just the box it came in
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:22 pm

the pain. the pain lasts 12 years.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:11 am

You could end the pain.....
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:55 am

all i need to do is find a good home for my cat and wait until my mother becomes eligible for disability and medicare.

then i'm out, baby!
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:20 pm

Out like the fat kid in dodgeball!
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:33 pm

Ahem:

Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:54 pm

gran turismo:

looks great

bad physics, bad AI, 5 sec penalties for gayness

fucking repressed nips and their bullshit. :smelly:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:03 pm

BUTT U C4N RASE A PLAAAAAN33333!!!!11!!1!!!!ONE!!1!!
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next