Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unemployment is not all it is cracked up to be

+8
ascona
Turbojett
1300ZUK
Honor
ryguy79
Aristotle
VS
millertime
12 posters

Go down

Unemployment is not all it is cracked up to be Empty Unemployment is not all it is cracked up to be

Post by millertime Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:55 pm

Sure, the first month was great. But its hard to enjoy the time off when you spend a large percentage of it trying to find a new job. Apparently they are hiring ditch diggers for $12/hour though......
millertime
millertime
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands

Back to top Go down

Unemployment is not all it is cracked up to be Empty Re: Unemployment is not all it is cracked up to be

Post by VS Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:09 pm

It all depends if you have the funds to do cool shit. Unemployment is great if you have money to blow on travel. When i was unemployed for a few months I just sat around and played videogames. I called out of work yesterday though and was bored as hell, i dunno how i did it for like 3 months.
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Unemployment is not all it is cracked up to be Empty Re: Unemployment is not all it is cracked up to be

Post by millertime Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:20 am

I got lots of money but don't want to spend it... haha.

That, and I am taking a night class which kind of fucked over the ability to travel. I am thinking I'll probably take 3 months off in about 2 years time just before the woman goes back to school.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:33 pm

i started looking for a job even before my finals in june.

i'm going on my second interview tomorrow. last time i was in the job market, i had a job in less than 5 days from day 1 of the search.
Aristotle
Aristotle
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:39 pm

miller, go skiing or something.
ryguy79
ryguy79
I'm so weary and tired of the world's weariness and tiredness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:48 pm

skiing is fuckin fun.
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:58 pm

ryguy79 wrote:miller, go skiing or something.

Whistler Doesn't open until the 23rd of November.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:52 am

oh. its crap but we've got a few resorts open. i tried out my touring skis after work today. Tele turns are hard.
ryguy79
ryguy79

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:10 pm

ryguy79 wrote:oh. its crap but we've got a few resorts open. i tried out my touring skis after work today. Tele turns are hard.

ya... There isn't even any snow in whistler village yet.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:56 pm

We've been getting hammered in the last couple days. Only about 4-5 inches in town, but lots in the mountains. some places a couple feet. pikes and the surrounding mountains were supposed to get 2 or more feet. I might go snowshoeing on saturday.
ryguy79
ryguy79

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:00 pm

i could probably get you a job in the fine state of Georgia if it's not too hardto get papers to work stateside

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:32 am

I kinda wish I could live without being employed, at least for a little while.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:40 pm

I've done it for 2 months and 3 months after moving to texas and then to colorado. it rules if you've got the money saved.
ryguy79
ryguy79

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:56 pm

i wish i had a little time to spend my money....
ascona
ascona

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:07 pm

i wish i saved money..... ffffuck i suck at saving
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:07 pm

Although I've already paid off all of my student loans and i graduated less than a year ago, so that's pretty sweet.
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:46 pm

I wish I knew how to enjoy my time off. Its not that I feel pressure to get a job. And I certainly enjoy sleeping in and just browsing the internet, researching the stock market and generally being pretty relaxed. But somehow I get this feeling inside me that I NEED TO WORK. I am fucked in the head. I should have traveled for 2 months after I quit. But instead I decided to take a class one night a week.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:35 pm

Smart move.
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:39 pm

Olds wrote:Smart move.

At the time it seemed like the best way to get the hell out of Alberta before the snow started to fly. In hindsight, telling them I wanted to travel during a time of recession probably would have been just as good of an idea.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:29 pm

i jumped on a plane and flew to the carribean when i left my job. when i got back i traded for a while with my own cash but its boring being at home alone all day, so i went out and got a monkey job with a tv company to keep me occupied. i dont like not working....applying to all the graduate schemes for next summer now

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:26 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:i jumped on a plane and flew to the carribean when i left my job. when i got back i traded for a while with my own cash but its boring being at home alone all day, so i went out and got a monkey job with a tv company to keep me occupied. i dont like not working....applying to all the graduate schemes for next summer now

I hate not working as well. However, if I am just doing any old job I can't enjoy it because I feel guilty about not looking for my career job.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookie 5.6 Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:28 am

I've been off for a month now. Got an interview tomorrow at 9 and I'm nervous as fuck. I've wanted to work for this company for 5 years and the one thing that can fuck this up is one stupid thing on my driving record. And I'm not talking about the DUI. My license was suspended for 4 days in February because my insurance company accidentally canceled my coverage and reported it to the DMV, who then suspended my license. Thanks alot fuckers.
Wookie 5.6
Wookie 5.6
And so the woe continues.
And so the woe continues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:54 am

if you dont get it you should sue the insurance company for losses..where's wally!?
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down