Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 5 Drivers This Season?

3 posters

:: Sports

Go down

Number 1

Top 5 Drivers This Season? Vote_lcap40%Top 5 Drivers This Season? Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]
Top 5 Drivers This Season? Vote_lcap0%Top 5 Drivers This Season? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Top 5 Drivers This Season? Vote_lcap20%Top 5 Drivers This Season? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Top 5 Drivers This Season? Empty Top 5 Drivers This Season?

Post by Swerve Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:56 am

Pennz's topic from last year is still on page 1. It got the creative juices flowing and I came up with the original concept you see here.

It has completely boggled my mind trying to work out the top 5 this year. Every driver and even every team has had a roller coaster ride of highs and lows. Boggled beyond all recognition.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Drivers This Season? Empty Re: Top 5 Drivers This Season?

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:26 am

im stuck between raikkonen and hamilton.

raikkonen has had no right to put that car where it has been in the latter half of the season, especially considering they stopped developing it midway through the year. factor in his team mates languishing at the back and you can see how good he really is when he wants to be.

with the pressure off hamilton has been free from last year's mistakes and is just very, very quick. kovalainen is not slow but he has looked it in comparison to lewis. this season has knocked the arrogance out of him and done him the world of good.

id put button in 3rd. hes not the best driver in the world and never will be, but he was given an opportunity and he took it. all you can say to that is good for him....noone else around him was able to come close due to the rule changes.

then alonso and sutil for the same reasons as the first two. both outdrove their team mates race after race and both showed how quick they are. i still dont really want to have to support alonso next year though

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:41 pm

Vettel - he outqualified Webber something like 14-2 and a couple of times scored poll after only one Q3 hot lap. If not for the engine issues he could very well have been this years champ. I'm still not sold on his passing ability and although he flew through the field in Malaysia that was more a great wet weather Red Bull chassis than driving skill.

Alonso - no real results but the car was a dog and yet he consistently made it to Q3. On the track he managed to pass while under and oversteering. He did nothing to ruin his reputation as one of the elite drivers, despite all of Renault's on and off track problems.

Hamilton - great to see him keep pushing in an uncompetitive car. Italy's last lap crash was stupid, but it showed great spirit.

Kimi - great pace and kept a cool head under all circumstances (leading with second right behind, tackling mid-field processions etc.).

Button - Had some surprisingly eventful battles throughout the year and a couple of crazy fights with Webber. Was able to capitalise on Brawn's early dominance.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:45 pm

Hey, these guys aren't in Nascar. :smelly:
Tailhappy
Tailhappy
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Sports

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum