Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

asian noob drives gtr into a bank while attempting to race a civic

+7
VS
Omni
Tailhappy
Talon
Honor
ascona
cam
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

asian noob drives gtr into a bank while attempting to race a civic Empty asian noob drives gtr into a bank while attempting to race a civic

Post by cam Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:51 pm

cam
cam
Did I mention how rueful and woeful I am?

Back to top Go down

asian noob drives gtr into a bank while attempting to race a civic Empty Re: asian noob drives gtr into a bank while attempting to race a civic

Post by ascona Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:55 pm

ascona
ascona
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

asian noob drives gtr into a bank while attempting to race a civic Empty Re: asian noob drives gtr into a bank while attempting to race a civic

Post by Honor Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:23 pm

if i had a gtr i wouldnt bother wasting any gas racing a lowly civic. the gtr is an 11 second car for chrissakes. that guy must be pretty insecure.
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:28 pm

it might have been a worked civic
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:45 pm

i think the only civics that fast are the purpose built drag ones. doubt it was that.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:14 pm

Why can't the GTR come with three pedals? Fuck
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:33 pm

Talon wrote:Why can't the GTR come with three pedals? Fuck

Welcome to the future kids. The automatic is faster than you.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:42 pm

It's not always a question of who's faster though.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:52 pm

Yes it is.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:57 pm

Autos are for n00bs. :cheers:

I drive one currently, but in retrospect I wish I had gotten another manual. And something with more power would be nice. Maybe a WRX, but Omni has one already so I think it would be kinda gay for us both to have one. Too bad they never made a downgraded version of the Evo like the WRX is to the STi. It's either the shitty base lancer, or top of the line Evo.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:52 pm

honor m4n wrote:Autos are for n00bs. :cheers:

I drive one currently, but in retrospect I wish I had gotten another manual. And something with more power would be nice. Maybe a WRX, but Omni has one already so I think it would be kinda gay for us both to have one. Too bad they never made a downgraded version of the Evo like the WRX is to the STi. It's either the shitty base lancer, or top of the line Evo.

I say get what you like. I wouldn't think you were a copier or anything gay like that if you had one. It's probably good to have something more economical right now anyway so you can save more money though.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:53 pm

Yeah, I could have gotten a decent WRX for just a couple thousand more. And the gas mileage and upkeep isnt terribly expensive or anything.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:48 am

honor m4n wrote:Autos are for n00bs. :cheers:
Too bad they never made a downgraded version of the Evo like the WRX is to the STi. It's either the shitty base lancer, or top of the line Evo.

Ralliart?

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Comparos/articleId=138347
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:44 am

Benfolio wrote:Yes it is.

No, it's not. Goes back to the old, "I'd rather drive to 60 a tick slower than ride there..."
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:10 am

I can't go back to auto, manual engages my ADHD. When I drive an auto I am doing too much other shit while driving....that and the way they creep forward pisses me off now.
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:03 am

i have yet to own an auto.

i was thinking of buying one... then i noticed autos are slow noisy pieces of crap.

well, the "normal" class ones, anyway.. the one in my mates Cadillac is pretty smooth... and most buicks i've driven were pretty nice to drive, too.. but every other auto box i've encountered was shit.
and then there's the "high middle class" vehicles, like fucking volvos. "if you want an autobox, you'll have to buy the diesel, or the T50.

if i'd want the luxury of an auto box, why would i want a diesel? and if i wanted a t50, why'd i want an autobox?
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:41 am

Over here it's nearly impossible to find manual cars unless you're talking performance models. I'd be willing to bet that a decent amount of people I know probably don't even know how to drive stick. All my close friends do though. :yay:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:41 am

honor m4n wrote:Yeah, I could have gotten a decent WRX for just a couple thousand more. And the gas mileage and upkeep isnt terribly expensive or anything.

This is true. Although, if you want to get all stock replacement parts it can add up very quickly when you need repairs. It also doesn't help that people beat the shit out of them and it's really hard to find unmodified ones.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:47 am

Omni wrote:Over here it's nearly impossible to find manual cars unless you're talking performance models. I'd be willing to bet that a decent amount of people I know probably don't even know how to drive stick. All my close friends do though. :yay:

in all seriousness, all kidding aside, in real life, i know more people who can't drive auto than i know people who can't drive stick.
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm

That's not even possible.
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:13 pm

VS wrote:That's not even possible.

+1
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:08 pm

come over and see for yourself.

shifting to first, second, drive, shifting back to second... shit like that...

or heavily braking when approaching 3k or 4k rpm

or heavily braking when almost stopped..

everyone i know with a drivers license knows how to drive stick.....
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:21 pm

and they say amercians are retarded...
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:03 pm

honor m4n wrote:and they say amercians are retarded...

i think most of it is a force of habit, rather than an intellectual state.

and when you've never seen an auto gearbox, and all you've ever seen is stick, and you see an auto box with 1, 2, d, n, p and r, i can even see how someone can be confused.

ironic how an auto gearbox has as many or more gears than a regular gearbox...
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:36 pm

put it in drive, hit the gas. shift to reverse when you need to back up, and park when you are parking.

yeah, real complicated.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:01 pm

honor m4n wrote:yeah, real complicated.

and driving stick is?
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:15 pm

um yeah. i would say learning to properly use a clutch and shifter and gas is a bit more complicated than pulling a lever and pressing a pedal. :facepalm:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:57 pm

+89
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:29 am

oh man i hate the creep thing, too, vs
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:47 am

ever have wet shoes on and your foot slips off the brake at a red light? the creep almost made me rear end someone quite a few times.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:54 am

holy shit dude the other day i was getting gas for the gar, and i stepped in an oil slick. couldn't fucking push down my clutch, because my foot kept slipping off. couldn't drive the car and had to buy some hand wipes to try to get the oil off. :undies:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:14 pm

...because automatics are easier...
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:08 pm

they are. that's why you see 16 year old teenyboppers and 85 year old women driving them and not sticks...

i cant believe youre trying to argue this... :facepalm: :roflmao:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:09 pm

honor m4n wrote:they are. that's why you see 16 year old teenyboppers and 85 year old women driving them and not sticks...

i cant believe youre trying to argue this... :facepalm: :roflmao:

all kids and old people i see drive stick.
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:10 pm

if someone cant figure out how to drive an auto, they're a fucking retard. end of story.

and really? people try to shift from 1st, 2nd over there in an auto? do they not know what the word automatic means?
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:33 pm

honor m4n wrote:if someone cant figure out how to drive an auto, they're a fucking retard. end of story.

and really? people try to shift from 1st, 2nd over there in an auto? do they not know what the word automatic means?

i know someone who does. not saying everybody does it. (most don't drive auto...)

and in their defense, they had driven semi automatics (clutchless shit) before, where you just select the gear, nothing more.
ascona
ascona

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:57 pm

Benfolio wrote:Yes it is.
you are a real asshole
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:00 pm

honor m4n wrote:put it in drive, hit the gas. shift to reverse when you need to back up, and park when you are parking.

yeah, real complicated.

my british friend got scared first time he drove an auto. he thought it was gonna stall at any moment, the extra numbers on the shift column confused him, he thought he had to put it in 1 to start it...

it's more confusing than you think if ALL you've driven before was manual. it's been years since i have driven an auto. whenever i rent a car i feel uneasy when i cant find the clutch.

Last edited by big_jesus on Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:02 pm

ascona wrote:...because automatics are easier...

yep. they are. it's not even a point you can argue. they're only weird to people who've only driven manual cars.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:03 am

Plus autos take about ten minutes to get used to even if you're used to a manual. I doubt the reverse is true.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next