Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want a nice camera because of this picture.

+7
Dodge
Hey Underpants
VS
millertime
Turbofrog
Talon
ryguy79
11 posters

Go down

I want a nice camera because of this picture. Empty I want a nice camera because of this picture.

Post by ryguy79 Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:50 pm

I found this while looking at fall pics on a mountaineering board i frequent. Really makes me want a nice camera. Pic was taken last week, btw.

I want a nice camera because of this picture. Maroon10
ryguy79
ryguy79
I'm so weary and tired of the world's weariness and tiredness.

Back to top Go down

I want a nice camera because of this picture. Empty Re: I want a nice camera because of this picture.

Post by Talon Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:15 pm

You can take/ make pictures like that with any camera and a tri-pod, really. Looks like an HDR image. Just Google it.

An example of one I did a few months back...

I want a nice camera because of this picture. Hdr_p510
Talon
Talon
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

I want a nice camera because of this picture. Empty Re: I want a nice camera because of this picture.

Post by Talon Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:17 pm

A nice, scenic one. This person knows how to manipulate HDR shots a lot better than the one you posted.

I want a nice camera because of this picture. 25919211
Talon
Talon
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:38 pm

i have no idea what hdr is. but it looks tits $
ryguy79
ryguy79

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:44 pm

just quickly scanned the wiki article on it. so its just merged photos with different exposures?
ryguy79
ryguy79

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbofrog Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:47 pm

ryguy79 wrote:just quickly scanned the wiki article on it. so its just merged photos with different exposures?
Yep. Stands for high dynamic range (as you now know, I guess). Just gives everything in the image the proper exposure so you get tons of detail and vibrant colours.

Turbofrog
mis'-e-ry (n.) 1. wretchedness of condition or circumstances. 2. Me.

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:51 pm

Well it looks awesome.
ryguy79
ryguy79

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:59 pm

ryguy79 wrote:Well it looks awesome.

We expect a ryguy produced HDR picture within the week.
millertime
millertime
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:36 am

HDR is neat and all but there is something to be said for managing to get that perfectly exposed shot. Then again that is pretty much gone in the age of digital anyway.
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hey Underpants Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:58 pm

VS wrote:HDR is neat and all but there is something to be said for managing to get that perfectly exposed shot. Then again that is pretty much gone in the age of digital anyway.

The days of people knowing how to meter for themselves and understanding exposure are over.
Hey Underpants
Hey Underpants
1981: Indonesian vessel Tamponas 2 capsizes. 580 people die on a ship named for a tampon. : (

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:59 pm

what program do use to make your hdr pics talon?
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:08 am

Fuckin' sick. I need to learn how to process.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:37 pm

tallooonnnn
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:04 am

Hey Underpants wrote:
VS wrote:HDR is neat and all but there is something to be said for managing to get that perfectly exposed shot. Then again that is pretty much gone in the age of digital anyway.

The days of people knowing how to meter for themselves and understanding exposure are over.

I accepted long ago that I do it for myself at this point. It's too easy to take a crap picture and make it great at this point. 90% of the fun is just getting out there with a camera anyway.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:52 pm

Dodge wrote:tallooonnnn

Oh shit, sorry.

Either Photomatix or Dynamic-Photo HDR.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbofrog Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:32 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Hey Underpants wrote:

I accepted long ago that I do it for myself at this point. It's too easy to take a crap picture and make it great at this point. 90% of the fun is just getting out there with a camera anyway.
I agree, but it's also fun if you can get something half-decent out of the shots you do take.

I used to be really happy if I got one shot I liked on a roll of film. My ratio is probably even worse now with digital, but I just take a lot more pictures.

Turbofrog

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:12 pm

I want to start using my dslr a lot more. I haven't even come close to unlocking its potential.

Colorado is awesome

EDIT: Click on them if they look squashed, forum resized that shit

I want a nice camera because of this picture. P6290110

Last edited by Omni on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:13 pm

My buddies around the campfire

I want a nice camera because of this picture. P6300210
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:17 pm

Alcatraz and Angel Island

I want a nice camera because of this picture. P7010410
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:19 pm

Our campsite in Cali was on a fuckin' cliff over the ocean

I want a nice camera because of this picture. P7020610
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:18 am

Shit, i need to get out west. I'm tired of this east coast trafficky suburban sprawl bullshit.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbofrog Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:25 pm

VS wrote:Shit, i need to get out west. I'm tired of this east coast trafficky suburban sprawl bullshit.
Don't worry VS, you won't escape trafficky suburban sprawl bullshit out west.

Turbofrog

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:25 pm

Perhaps not, but the scenery is different.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookie 5.6 Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:10 pm

yeah we have you beat when it comes to scenery
I want a nice camera because of this picture. Img_0211
Wookie 5.6
Wookie 5.6
And so the woe continues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookie 5.6 Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:15 pm

I want a nice camera because of this picture. Img_0310
Wookie 5.6
Wookie 5.6

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:59 pm

Mmm, Porsche wub
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down