Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So formula 1 as we know it may soon be over.

5 posters

:: Sports

Go down

So formula 1 as we know it may soon be over. Empty So formula 1 as we know it may soon be over.

Post by dunnas Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:52 am

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090619083747.shtml

It seems there is little time left to avoid this. Frankly, i've been hoping for this myself as I think Bernie and Max have too much control and are a couple of huge wankers. I just don't want the inevitable year without "F1" that is bound to happen as they won't be able to put something together before next year. As for the court cases that Redbull and Ferrari will have to face to leave the F1 series, I can't imagine they should have much of a problem getting out of their contracts. Surely they have clauses involving the state of the championship that they've signed up for. I hope "F1" withers up and dies next year if the rival format is created and they lose all the top drivers. All the broadcasters and tracks should have no problem getting out of their contracts either.
dunnas
dunnas
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

So formula 1 as we know it may soon be over. Empty Re: So formula 1 as we know it may soon be over.

Post by VS Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:57 am

As long as it comes back to the US i'm happy.
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

So formula 1 as we know it may soon be over. Empty Re: So formula 1 as we know it may soon be over.

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:09 pm

Let's see.

In one corner we could have:
- Ferrari, McLaren, Renault, Toyota, BMW, Red Bull, Brawn, Williams [maybe], Lola, Aston Martin
- Slicks, V12s, no traction control, lax control on tech developments
- 10 points for a win, 6 for 2nd etc.
- Melbourne Park, Spa, Silverstone, Monza, Imola, Magny Cours, Hockenheim [maybe even the old version], Sao Paulo. We could hope for Road America, Brands Hatch, Bathurst

or:

Cars lapping slower than GP2
No real technical developments whatsoever
Teams you've never heard of
Bahrain circuit, Abu Dhabi circuit, Istanbul Park, Shanghai, India....shit circuits miles from anywhere that you'll never get to visit.

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:10 pm

of course its all just posturing and everyone will be in F1 next year you can be pretty much certain of that

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:43 pm

I dunno. It always had felt like the threat could be a real possibility.

Frankly, with max moseley and bernie eccleston being in charge I had alway's thought things could go to hell. Hopefully we'll see thing's in rightful hands soon.
dunnas
dunnas
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:23 pm

sweet. chaos. :talon2:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:53 am

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:of course its all just posturing and everyone will be in F1 next year you can be pretty much certain of that

agreed
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:30 pm

bernie seems to be trying to work things out, whereas mosley just wants to crush FOTA into submission and build his empire. he's needed to gtfo for a long time now, hopefully FOTA can finally do it.

his labelling FOTA a bunch of loonies and flavio briatore king of the loonies on national TV was priceless viewing though. 60 yr old president of the world motorsport body :roflmao:

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down