Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Warfare 2

+6
dunnas
Honor
Talon
JaysonAych
Aristotle
Omni
10 posters

Go down

Modern Warfare 2 Empty Modern Warfare 2

Post by Omni Mon May 25, 2009 11:48 am

The new trailer just came out

I really don't want to wait for this game :millertime:
Omni
Omni
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Modern Warfare 2 Empty Re: Modern Warfare 2

Post by Aristotle Mon May 25, 2009 12:51 pm

nice link, jerkface!
Aristotle
Aristotle
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Mon May 25, 2009 2:59 pm

Looks pretty damn good. Hopefully it's longer than the last one was.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Mon May 25, 2009 3:37 pm

fucking link hoarders :curses:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Mon May 25, 2009 3:50 pm

Aristotle wrote:fucking link hoarders :curses:

What are you talking about? The first sentence in Omni's post is a link.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Mon May 25, 2009 3:56 pm

JaysonAych wrote:

What are you talking about? The first sentence in Omni's post is a link.

SHENANIGANS!!!
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Mon May 25, 2009 4:00 pm

damn that looks like a sweet game
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Mon May 25, 2009 5:46 pm

:roflmao:

Game looks so awesome. Steyr AUG is going to be in it. :talon2:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon May 25, 2009 9:07 pm

Talon wrote:

:roflmao:

Game looks so awesome. Steyr AUG is going to be in it. :talon2:

YES!!!!!!!!! :talon2: :talon2: :talon2:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Mon May 25, 2009 9:20 pm

JaysonAych wrote:Looks pretty damn good. Hopefully it's longer than the last one was.
Nope. They've said the single player campaign is going to be about the same.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Mon May 25, 2009 9:37 pm

:sonofscreamo: :curses:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon May 25, 2009 9:45 pm

It wasnt that short. Especially if you played it on veteran. There were some parts that were so hard I almost cried. :undies:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinal Mon May 25, 2009 9:54 pm

honor man wrote:It wasnt that short. Especially if you played it on veteran. There were some parts that were so hard I almost cried.
Yeah, I did the helicopter run on the "Heat" level on veteran just the other day. That was hard as fuck. I must have died about 50 times.
Spinal
Spinal
And so the woe continues.
And so the woe continues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Tue May 26, 2009 12:59 am

If you die too much sometimes it just takes the fun out of the game.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue May 26, 2009 1:03 am

Omni wrote:If you die too much sometimes it just takes the fun out of the game.

Yeah, drastically increasing the amount of times you die is not a good way to lengthen a game.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Tue May 26, 2009 1:08 am

JaysonAych wrote:

Yeah, drastically increasing the amount of times you die is not a good way to lengthen a game.

World at War was the worst offender. They made the game hard by making it complete bullshit. One of the things I hate the most in those games is the endless spawning enemies that often stop after you advance to a certain point on the battlefield. Couldn't they just make it a set number of soldiers and make those soldiers tough?
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Tue May 26, 2009 3:58 am

It seems that with MC2 endlessly respawning enemies will finally be gone, at least to some degree. In the articles i've read it doesn't seem Infinity Ward is giving away too much detail about that yet.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue May 26, 2009 5:08 am

In New York, a class action lawsuit was filed by Florence Cohen, an 85-year old grandmother who purchased the game for her 14-year old grandson (according to the old rating of M, the game is typically considered inappropriate for this age). Cohen's lawsuit claimed that Rockstar Games and Take-Two Interactive, the publisher of the game, are guilty of deception, false advertising, fraud and abuse. The accusation of deception is based on the change from M-rated to AO, meaning according to the lawsuit that the original rating was a deceptive practice.[11]

There was also a protest that occurred at Rockstar's headquarters. A protest group known as the Peaceholics organized a protest on August 4, 2005. The group organized against San Andreas as well as the upcoming game Bully, the latter, which they wanted cancelled because of fears that the content could inspire children to become bullies themselves. The protesters had signs that read "Put the Cuffs On Rockstar Games", "Prosecute Rockstar Games; they are felons", "Hey hey, ho ho, Rockstar Games has got to go".[12] Protesters had several demands for Rockstar:

1. Not to release Bully under any circumstances. (Bully was eventually released.)
2. Volunteer to sell its violent and sexually explicit games in adult video stores only.
3. Let parents return Grand Theft Auto for a full refund until they do a national awareness campaign to educate parents of content and possible effects.
4. Create a fund for victims of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and car-jackings, etc.
5. Make a national apology for misleading and lying to children, parents, and legislators about their intentions and causing insurance premiums to sky rocket.
6. Give a written response within five business days of receipt of these demands.[13]
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue May 26, 2009 5:09 am

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue May 26, 2009 5:15 am

sucks for dunnas though, theyre really pussies about what they allow in their video games in australia. i heard that in fallout 3 they even took out the option to detonate the nuke in megaton, you can only leave it alone or disarm it. :speedowethimself: :Swerve:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue May 26, 2009 8:53 am

Omni wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:

World at War was the worst offender. They made the game hard by making it complete bullshit. One of the things I hate the most in those games is the endless spawning enemies that often stop after you advance to a certain point on the battlefield. Couldn't they just make it a set number of soldiers and make those soldiers tough?

So many FPS's are guilty of this. Killzone 2 was probably the worst offender of this I have played to date. I learned quick to just go Gettysburg and run at them shooting and hope I don't die otherwise I'd just be wasting ammo killing guys who'd just spawn another.

I read they're trying to get rid of this in MW2, as Dunnas said.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Tue May 26, 2009 10:09 am

Talon wrote:
Omni wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:

So many FPS's are guilty of this. Killzone 2 was probably the worst offender of this I have played to date. I learned quick to just go Gettysburg and run at them shooting and hope I don't die otherwise I'd just be wasting ammo killing guys who'd just spawn another.

I read they're trying to get rid of this in MW2, as Dunnas said.

thank god
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Tue May 26, 2009 11:44 am

Looks like they haven't updated the graphics at all.
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Tue May 26, 2009 1:06 pm

endless respawn is so gay.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by zdc_LarryRX Tue May 26, 2009 5:58 pm

hey Talon. what's your PS3 name for Killzone2? Don't worry i won't add you as a friend I just want to know when i kill your ass. LOL. :snipe:
zdc_LarryRX
zdc_LarryRX
My mind is littered with anguish, much like the board is littered with my posts.
My mind is littered with anguish, much like the board is littered with my posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Tue May 26, 2009 6:26 pm

oh shi-
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue May 26, 2009 7:09 pm

zdc_LarryRX wrote:hey Talon. what's your PS3 name for Killzone2? Don't worry i won't add you as a friend I just want to know when i kill your ass. LOL. :snipe:

KZ2 sucked so bad I got rid of it as soon as I beat it.

PS - Fuck you
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Tue May 26, 2009 9:52 pm

honor man wrote:sucks for dunnas though, theyre really pussies about what they allow in their video games in australia. i heard that in fallout 3 they even took out the option to detonate the nuke in megaton, you can only leave it alone or disarm it. :speedowethimself: :Swerve:
I don't know where you heard that complete nonsense. I didn't blow it up myself but the option was definitely their.

Of course games like GTA4 (albeit without the ability to control the camera or choose sex acts with the hookers, which has subsequently been patched back into the game without my knowledge) and Fallout 3 can be purchased by 15 year olds here, so who are the real pussies? :dunnas:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed May 27, 2009 1:16 am

dunnas wrote:
honor man wrote:sucks for dunnas though, theyre really pussies about what they allow in their video games in australia. i heard that in fallout 3 they even took out the option to detonate the nuke in megaton, you can only leave it alone or disarm it. :speedowethimself: :Swerve:
I don't know where you heard that complete nonsense. I didn't blow it up myself but the option was definitely their.

Of course games like GTA4 (albeit without the ability to control the camera or choose sex acts with the hookers, which has subsequently been patched back into the game without my knowledge) and Fallout 3 can be purchased by 15 year olds here, so who are the real pussies? :dunnas:

There goes Dunnas being a contrarian again.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed May 27, 2009 2:00 am

wally, you have no place in a thread about video games :screamo:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed May 27, 2009 2:01 am

dunnas wrote:

Wikipedia used to say that, but now it says it's Japan who banned it, which would make sense. :roflmao:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Wed May 27, 2009 3:05 am

thewalrus wrote:
dunnas wrote:

I hope you were just joking around with that comment? :jay:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Wed May 27, 2009 3:12 am

honor man wrote:
dunnas wrote:

Wikipedia used to say that, but now it says it's Japan who banned it, which would make sense. :roflmao:
Still touchy about a couple of incidents I see. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Australia did have a problem with the original (real life) drug names as encouraging drug use is one of the things that is most likely to get a game banned here. Bethesda decided to make a worldwide switch of the names to the same made up names as in the first two games as that made more sense anyway. The gore was never an issue though. :aris:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by zdc_LarryRX Fri May 29, 2009 6:08 pm

Talon wrote:
zdc_LarryRX wrote:hey Talon. what's your PS3 name for Killzone2? Don't worry i won't add you as a friend I just want to know when i kill your ass. LOL. :snipe:

KZ2 sucked so bad I got rid of it as soon as I beat it.

PS - Fuck you

wub
zdc_LarryRX
zdc_LarryRX

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri May 29, 2009 6:58 pm

dunnas wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
dunnas wrote:

I hope you were just joking around with that comment? :jay:

I'm just being contrary.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum