Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else getting ready to stock up?

+9
TheLightedPath
thewalrus
Honor
dunnas
Spinal
1300ZUK
JaysonAych
Omni
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anyone else getting ready to stock up? Empty Anyone else getting ready to stock up?

Post by Omni Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:10 pm

Omni
Omni
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Anyone else getting ready to stock up? Empty Re: Anyone else getting ready to stock up?

Post by JaysonAych Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Rut-roh...Fox News and Drudge Report are going to go completely apeshit.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone else getting ready to stock up? Empty Re: Anyone else getting ready to stock up?

Post by 1300ZUK Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:38 pm

meh, don't care. don't own a gun.

and if i wanted to own a gun, i see no need for anything more than the basics.

1300ZUK
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:47 pm

it's banning semi-automatic rifles. the name is misleading
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:59 pm

Omni wrote:it's banning semi-automatic rifles. the name is misleading

They'll still go apeshit.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinal Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:00 am

JaysonAych wrote:
Omni wrote:it's banning semi-automatic rifles. the name is misleading

They'll still go apeshit.

Umm, even more so, as semi-automatic weapons encompass a larger market than simply "assault rifles."
Spinal
Spinal
And so the woe continues.

Back to top Go down

Post by 911 Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:36 am

Good god. Why in the fuck do you have some notion that you need a semi automatic weapon for personal protection?

is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:17 am

You wouldn't want want anything less than a semi auto if it was actually for protection. Why would you want to waste time having to cycle whatever gun you're using between each shot? :huh:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinal Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:27 am

911 wrote:Good god. Why in the fuck do you have some notion that you need a semi automatic weapon for personal protection?
Never said I did.

Rather, I'd like a semi-auto for plinking. But that is something that most can't seem to wrap their mind around.
Spinal
Spinal

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:25 am

911 wrote:Good god. Why in the fuck do you have some notion that you need a semi automatic weapon for personal protection?
I think youre thinking of full automatics. I don't see how anyone could have a problem with semi-auto. YOu want us all to use bolt action rifles or muskets or something?
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:34 am

and fuck that shitty ban. i can see not letting us have m60s or grenade launchers or something, but why the fuck cant we own sks or m1 carbines, etc.?
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:44 am

fucking good. Thank god. Fuck guns.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLightedPath Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:06 am

Fuck that fucking obama.
TheLightedPath
TheLightedPath
Guess I'm still Ray Bolger.
Guess I'm still Ray Bolger.

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:20 am

honor man wrote:
I think youre thinking of full automatics. I don't see how anyone could have a problem with semi-auto. YOu want us all to use bolt action rifles or muskets or something?
Well, some of these 2nd Amendment idiots want a strict interpretation of the Constitution... and what other "arms" could have they been talking about in the 18th century?
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:30 am

honor man wrote:and fuck that shitty ban. i can see not letting us have m60s or grenade launchers or something, but why the fuck cant we own sks or m1 carbines, etc.?

And that's the whole problem. There are a lot of things people could say we don't "need" but we still have. The point isn't that we need semi-automatics but that there is no reason we shouldn't be able to have them. Personally I think it would be good fun to target shoot with an sks and I may just be buying one at the gun show in march if this legislation hasn't passed yet. The problem with laws like this is that it takes the guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens and more than likely has no significant effect on gun crime.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:35 am

People are already going apeshit. Ever since the inauguration, ammunition has been nearly impossible to find. WalMart finally had to put a cap on how many boxes you can buy because smaller stores were coming in and clearing out their shelves, leaving a lot of pissed off people.

I personally don't give a shit about the ban. I'm really only interested in handguns. I just want my damn ammo to be in stock. :smelly:

Some people are saying they're stocking up on the ARs now so that when the police come to take their guns, they can take some of them down with them.
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:36 am

I still don't see where they made any reference to semi-automatics though. They mentioned assault rifles, has anyone actually read that Supreme Court decision?
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:37 am

xtine wrote:People are already going apeshit. Ever since the inauguration, ammunition has been nearly impossible to find. WalMart finally had to put a cap on how many boxes you can buy because smaller stores were coming in and clearing out their shelves, leaving a lot of pissed off people.

I personally don't give a shit about the ban. I'm really only interested in handguns. I just want my damn ammo to be in stock. :smelly:

Some people are saying they're stocking up on the ARs now so that when the police come to take their guns, they can take some of them down with them.

I don't want those kinds of people having guns. Fucking lunatics.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:46 am

thewalrus wrote:I still don't see where they made any reference to semi-automatics though. They mentioned assault rifles, has anyone actually read that Supreme Court decision?

The wikipedia page explains it well

"Assault weapon refers to firearms that had been developed from earlier fully-automatic firearms into semi-automatic civilian-legal versions. Semi-automatic firearms, when fired, automatically extract the spent casing and load the next round into the chamber, ready to fire again; they do not fire automatically like a machine gun, rather, only 1 shot comes from each trigger pull."
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:52 am

thewalrus wrote:
xtine wrote:People are already going apeshit. Ever since the inauguration, ammunition has been nearly impossible to find. WalMart finally had to put a cap on how many boxes you can buy because smaller stores were coming in and clearing out their shelves, leaving a lot of pissed off people.

Yeah, the problem is that for every sane, responsible gun owner there are probably 5 fucking hicks ready for revolution. :roflmao:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:05 am

Omni wrote:
thewalrus wrote:I still don't see where they made any reference to semi-automatics though. They mentioned assault rifles, has anyone actually read that Supreme Court decision?

"Assault weapon refers to firearms that had been developed from earlier fully-automatic firearms into semi-automatic civilian-legal versions. Semi-automatic firearms, when fired, automatically extract the spent casing and load the next round into the chamber, ready to fire again; they do not fire automatically like a machine gun, rather, only 1 shot comes from each trigger pull."

I understand that. I'm wondering about the legal definition of assault rifle - rather, how the Supreme Court defined it in the case that was cited.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:10 am

Omni wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

Yeah, the problem is that for every sane, responsible gun owner there are probably 5 fucking hicks ready for revolution. :roflmao:

hahaha exactly. I mean honestly I don't, really, see the problem with gun ownership - any sort of gun ownership. But I think we can't approach this as a black and white issue - ban or free for all. I'd be in favor of stricter guidelines before you're allowed gun ownership. Maybe more rigid testing, psychological analysis perhaps, graduated time lines - first you get a derringer, then after so many years of responsible ownership you can buy a 9mm, then later a semi-auto, etc. etc.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:16 am

thewalrus wrote:
Omni wrote:

I understand that. I'm wondering about the legal definition of assault rifle - rather, how the Supreme Court defined it in the case that was cited.

That is how it was defined in the ban. The regular definition of an assault rifle is simply, "a rifle designed for combat, with selective fire (capable of shooting either like a machine gun or one bullet at a time)." That's why even the title of this ban pisses me off because you know a lot of people that are for it hear "assault rifle" as "fully automatic rifle meant for soldiers."
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:18 am

thewalrus wrote:
Omni wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

hahaha exactly. I mean honestly I don't, really, see the problem with gun ownership - any sort of gun ownership. But I think we can't approach this as a black and white issue - ban or free for all. I'd be in favor of stricter guidelines before you're allowed gun ownership. Maybe more rigid testing, psychological analysis perhaps, graduated time lines - first you get a derringer, then after so many years of responsible ownership you can buy a 9mm, then later a semi-auto, etc. etc.

I don't know about a graduated time line but I agree that perhaps buying a gun shouldn't be as easy as putting the money down and waiting three days. (At least here in Florida.) They perform a background check but a lot of gun violence comes from people with a clean record. When we bought my 442, I had to fill out a little form asking me the basics: Are you a fugitive from the law? Are you an illegal alien? and they copied down my drivers license info. Still, I don't see the harm in maybe getting fingerprints done and possibly even making buyers get the certificate of gun safety that we had to get for our CCW. As with the CCW, the info is good for seven years so you don't have to go through that EVERY time you get a weapon.

It's a difficult balance. I mean, you want the law-abiding citizens to have the freedom to bear arms but you also want to keep them out of the hands of the seriously crazy people.
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:37 pm

Not many need it, but some want it. Many would arge who needs a car that does 0-60 in 4 seconds?
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:40 pm

And the stocking up has been happening since Obama took office. The price of AR's has gone up 30% and lowers (the part that gets registered if one wants to build from scratch) have doubled in price and are very difficult to even find. High cap mags (30 rounds for rifles and 10+ for pistol) are also getting hard to find.

I am glad I got mine last year. :)
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:44 pm

Talon wrote:

Not many need it, but some want it. Many would arge who needs a car that does 0-60 in 4 seconds?

Like me!
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:46 pm

xtine wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Omni wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

I don't know about a graduated time line but I agree that perhaps buying a gun shouldn't be as easy as putting the money down and waiting three days. (At least here in Florida.) They perform a background check but a lot of gun violence comes from people with a clean record. When we bought my 442, I had to fill out a little form asking me the basics: Are you a fugitive from the law? Are you an illegal alien? and they copied down my drivers license info. Still, I don't see the harm in maybe getting fingerprints done and possibly even making buyers get the certificate of gun safety that we had to get for our CCW. As with the CCW, the info is good for seven years so you don't have to go through that EVERY time you get a weapon.

It's a difficult balance. I mean, you want the law-abiding citizens to have the freedom to bear arms but you also want to keep them out of the hands of the seriously crazy people.

Three days? Shit. I wait about three minutes.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:04 pm

Talon wrote:
xtine wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Omni wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

Three days? Shit. I wait about three minutes.

The state cashed my check so hopefully I'll have my license in a few months. :talon2: It should be sooner since we did the LIVEscan fingerprints instead of the fingerprint cards but we'll see. Everyone in Florida apparently applied for a CCL the day Obama was sworn in so processing times are seriously delayed.
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:24 pm

Nice. I am taking my classes on Sunday, actually. Something I've been meaning to do for a while and finally signed up.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:24 pm

TheLightedPath wrote:Fuck that fucking obama.
+1 stupid nagger
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:22 pm

fucking black jimmy carter man
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:08 pm

Have any of you ever owned an sks or have decent knowledge of them? I think I want to buy one soon and some info on what to look for would be much appreciated. Is there any significant difference in quality based on what country made it?
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinal Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:28 pm

Omni wrote:Have any of you ever owned an sks or have decent knowledge of them? I think I want to buy one soon and some info on what to look for would be much appreciated. Is there any significant difference in quality based on what country made it?

I have a Yugo SKS. I bought it at a show a number of years ago. At the time I think it only cost me about $120. It was completely covered in cosmoline when I bought it, but in all honesty, that's what I was looking for. I cleaned it up, and refinished the stock. It shoots fairly well for being a knock-off commie rifle, and it can fire the cheapest ammo you can find.

This is a pretty decent link to some information about SKS's. Those boards are ok as well, although like everything else on the internet, it's full of retards.

If you're serious about getting one, I'd do it here in the near future.
Spinal
Spinal

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:50 pm

gun & ammo sales are up across the board right now. it's like people are setting up for a revolution. :roflmao:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:52 pm

also, banning assault rifles isn't going to have much impact. it's not like criminals can't get the guns they need. fuck, man, just dig through a few garbage dumpsters in near the projects, and you'll find a mac 10 or two.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:59 pm

Omni wrote:Have any of you ever owned an sks or have decent knowledge of them? I think I want to buy one soon and some info on what to look for would be much appreciated. Is there any significant difference in quality based on what country made it?

ryguy owns one
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:10 pm

Aristotle wrote:gun & ammo sales are up across the board right now. it's like people are setting up for a revolution. :roflmao:

Forget the stock market, time to invest in some stripped lowers.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:44 pm

im building a bunker, youre all invited to join me in it when armageddon hits
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:18 am

honor man wrote:im building a bunker, youre all invited to join me in it when armageddon hits
We need some rifles first :thwak:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next