Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One of my many boring polls on cars I will never get around to buying

+9
Honor
big_jesus
ascona
Tailhappy
TheWoerus
Aristotle
Omni
SBF
Swerve
13 posters

Go down

Crazy Poll Stuff

One of my many boring polls on cars I will never get around to buying Vote_lcap91%One of my many boring polls on cars I will never get around to buying Vote_rcap 91% 
[ 10 ]
One of my many boring polls on cars I will never get around to buying Vote_lcap9%One of my many boring polls on cars I will never get around to buying Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 11

One of my many boring polls on cars I will never get around to buying Empty One of my many boring polls on cars I will never get around to buying

Post by Swerve Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:55 am

In this country, luxury car taxes meant the 97 BMW 540i sold for $150,000. Because they only sold in small numbers, they only bothered bringing in automatics.
The 99 WRX sold for $42,000. With a minor facelift and nicer interior over the earlier model. You could get it with a manual and special editions had stuff I like but noone else seems to, such as dark green exterior with tan leather seats and wood steering wheel and gearknob combination.

Now they both cost around the same money. Which would you prefer?

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

One of my many boring polls on cars I will never get around to buying Empty Re: One of my many boring polls on cars I will never get around to buying

Post by SBF Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:59 am

WRX. I know the 540 would be tempting, but the cost of repair is going to be killer even though its 11 years old. I had pushing around the idea as well to get a 5-series with a manual down here and then I had found out how much service and parts cost on a 7 year old model.
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

One of my many boring polls on cars I will never get around to buying Empty Re: One of my many boring polls on cars I will never get around to buying

Post by Omni Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:59 pm

Yeah, I agree with SBF. You'll probably end up dropping a lot more money on the BMW and you can have plenty of fun in the WRX.
Omni
Omni
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:05 pm

fuck bmw in the goat ass.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:39 pm

I like bmws... but mainly the M3
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:46 am

Aristotle wrote:fuck bmw in the goat ass.

+1 A+++ comment, would read again.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:56 am

How can you bitches not like bmws at all? They do make some cool cars.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:10 am

Cool if you can afford to

A: Buy it new with a warranty

or

B: Fix it when it's broken

or

C: Drive it to Ill to get some fake boob poon
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:56 am

Omni wrote:How can you bitches not like bmws at all? They do make some cool cars.

they make fantastic cars that, along with audi, run really awesomely for a few weeks. -_-
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:43 am

i'd go for the WRX, but moinly cause of the awd. otherwise it'd be BMW all the way

oh, and a manual is nice, too. . .
ascona
ascona

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:51 am

The E39 is actually meant to be pretty reliable.

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:31 am

They really aren't THAT unreliable.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:31 pm

that 540i is a fantastic car. but having driven the 6 speed, i'd really only want it that way. plus that wrx is my favorite.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:23 pm

BMW is australian for GARBAGE
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:14 am

Omni wrote:How can you bitches not like bmws at all? They do make some cool cars.

I never said I did. I'd love to have a early 2000's 540i with the 6-speed. wub

One of my many boring polls on cars I will never get around to buying 1002356

Or even a 540 Sport Wagon
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:12 pm

Aristotle wrote:

they make fantastic cars that, along with audi, run really awesomely for a few weeks. -_-

maybe the newer ones because of all the crazy crap theyre putting in them now, yeah. but its still really a crime to put bmw on the same reliability level with audi though. anything vag makes anymore is a rolling time bomb.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:20 pm

SBF wrote:

I never said I did. I'd love to have a early 2000's 540i with the 6-speed. wub

One of my many boring polls on cars I will never get around to buying 1002356

yeah, ive always been a big fan of that car too. somewhat close to m5 performance for a fraction of the price. wub
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:57 am

When's the next 5 out? The 7 seems to be overdue...

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:40 am

And what do people think of these stupid paintjobs:

One of my many boring polls on cars I will never get around to buying 11926698
One of my many boring polls on cars I will never get around to buying 11926700
One of my many boring polls on cars I will never get around to buying 11926702

The only car I ever thought it looked cool on was the TVR Tuscan, possibly because it was a factory option and the car was so wild anyway.
But it does make me want to check out that Rex, because anyone who spends that sort of money on paint is unlikely to thrash the car.

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:45 am

Fuck that. Pics in buildings like that are always of cars hot off the boat from Japan that aren't even certified yet.

I wouldn't touch a grey import of a car that was already sold here. The KM's it's shows will mean absolutely nothing so you may as well buy what you know. First gen rex's can be picked up pretty damn cheap these days, assuming you have some money put aside for half a dozen new clutches.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:52 am

That's a warehouse in Tullamarine. I don't know if they just buy cars from auction, but they're definitely Australian delivered. I've known about that place for a while because they tend to sell a lot of 4WDs, including my favourite, the Grand Cherokee.

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:36 am

i hate those multi-color-angle-gay-homosity paint jobs.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by sargev55 Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:28 am

Aristotle wrote:i hate those multi-color-angle-gay-homosity paint jobs.

yeah me too.

jeff gordons wife had a chameleon paint job on her dodge minvan for a couple of years, i hated seeing that thing at our local harris teeter. it looks like shit on any car, especially that van.

btw swerve, go with the subaru.

i have no idea what your money means, put it in euros or pounds lol (hell the USD doesnt mean shit either lol)

woeful noob? take that shit off, we have all been posting together, or against eachother for like 8-9yrs now.

sargev55
Woeful noob
Woeful noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:19 pm

WHAT THE FUCK IS A HARRIS TEETER???????/
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Dent Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:42 pm

I'd vote for another MR2 but that option is strangely missing.
Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent
Did I mention how rueful and woeful I am?

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:46 pm

:gah

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:07 pm

honor man wrote:
Aristotle wrote:

maybe the newer ones because of all the crazy crap theyre putting in them now, yeah. but its still really a crime to put bmw on the same reliability level with audi though. anything vag makes anymore is a rolling time bomb.

Interestingly anything with a vag is also a *walking* time bomb.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:06 am

Hiyooo! *invisible golf swing*
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:16 pm

f'realz

fuck VAG. <--- open for interpretation
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum