Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police shoot and kill an unarmed car accident victim

5 posters

Go down

Police shoot and kill an unarmed car accident victim Empty Police shoot and kill an unarmed car accident victim

Post by JaysonAych Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:19 am

Sweet Jesus http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/15/justice/north-carolina-police-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Police in North Carolina shot and killed a man running toward them Saturday morning -- but he may have just been looking for help after a car wreck.

Officers responded to a "breaking and entering" 911 call at a home in Charlotte. The homeowner told dispatchers that a man had been knocking on her door repeatedly. Police say that when they got to the scene, a man matching the caller's description ran toward them. One of the officers fired his stun gun, but it was "unsuccessful." Another officer then opened fire, police said. Jonathan Ferrell died at the scene. He was shot several times.

He was unarmed. Police now believe Ferrell was seeking assistance after crashing his car. "It was a pretty serious accident," Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Chief Rodney Monroe told CNN affiliate WSOC. The crash was so severe that authorities now believe Ferrell had to climb out of the back window, another affiliate WBTV reported.

He ran to the closest house for help. The woman inside thought it was her husband. "To her surprise, it was an individual that she did not know or recognize," Monroe told WBTV. "She immediately closed the door, hit her panic alarm, called 911." The man stood outside and "continued to attempt to gain the attention of the homeowner," a police statement said.

Police have charged Officer Randall Kerrick with voluntary manslaughter -- a felony. He turned himself in Saturday afternoon and was being held early Sunday on a $50,000 bond. There were three officers at the scene, but Kerrick was the only one to use a gun. He fired several times, police said.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Police shoot and kill an unarmed car accident victim Empty Re: Police shoot and kill an unarmed car accident victim

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:46 am

The problem is that police forces all over  including the USA to a great extent are no longer officers upholding the peace and using good police judgement. The police forces  have become  paramilitary forces today. Look at the uniforms and the kit they carry. Almost any town of size has a SWAT or ERT team and they look exactly like the typical Army  do including in  the USA. There is a brainwashing in law enforcement to  SUSPECT ALL CITIZENS, TRUST NO CITIZENS and as such  these officers  are now blind to professional decorum  and conduct, to which they now hold  the public in low respect and regard. Often the police are protected  from their seemingly growing number of tragic mistakes, misjudgements on the job and events by the greater bureaucratic and political regimes.

But when society  has been  and is being brainwashed to  live in fear, to  itself trust nobody esp a visible minority and  as popular throughout  the USA  the saying "If you see something say something."  Well the skids on the pathway to social hell are well greased and  even more grease  being  smeared on them.

BTW again this sort of stuff is not only a USA issue as many other said to be intelligent, progressive nations  are doing similar stuff too. But the USA is the biggest beacon on the land to all this tragic, crap.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

Police shoot and kill an unarmed car accident victim Empty Re: Police shoot and kill an unarmed car accident victim

Post by Tailhappy Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:35 pm

*knock knock*
"Hey lady, I've been in an accident, call 911"

Is a lot different than

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*
"You're not my husband... STRANGER DANGER!"
*slams door, dials 911*

What the fuck, was the guy unable to convey why he was knocking on her door, or was this bitch just dumb as a pile of rocks?

Oh, and don't run at cops, dude. They already think you're a psychopath based on the dumb bitch's 911 call.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:43 pm

I have a good friend that's a cop, but stories like this make me want to drive around blasting fuck the police.
ryguy79
ryguy79
I'm so weary and tired of the world's weariness and tiredness.

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:44 pm

And at least he's being charged. Seems like every ridiculously unnecessary police shooting just says there's an 'internal investigation' and never any serious punishment.
ryguy79
ryguy79
I'm so weary and tired of the world's weariness and tiredness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:59 am

how was the guy's intent not clear? did he not say what he needed? was he just running at them like a zombie? weird story.
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum