Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting back into photography - got some new Equipment

4 posters

Go down

Getting back into photography - got some new Equipment Empty Getting back into photography - got some new Equipment

Post by thewalrus Mon May 27, 2013 2:03 pm

After a bit of a hiatus, I'm getting back into photography.

Picked up a Canon 6D, with the 24 - 70 f 4.0 L series. Beautiful lens and body combination, and it should go well with my 70-200 f 2.8. Spent yesterday taking pictures of a local marathon I'm volunteering for, and I was really pleased with the results. I love the low light capability of high quality glass and the 6D's full frame sensor. The relative lack of focus points hurt me on a few images. A decent trade off, especially since I wasn't prepared to drop $3 k on a body alone for the 5D Mk. III - I might go full pro with my next upgrade. For now, this rocks.

Anyway, with a new camera, a new lense, and a Miata - a long hike in the Mountains seems to be in the making.

thewalrus
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Getting back into photography - got some new Equipment Empty Re: Getting back into photography - got some new Equipment

Post by JaysonAych Tue May 28, 2013 12:39 am

The morning chill wafts through the air and settles across a storybook landscape. The sun has chased away the last of the sky's oranges and reds, and now casts its brilliance across the miracle of creation. In the distance but in clear relief, Crowsnest Mountain looms large and foliage surrounds the base like loyal subjects to their master, sweeping off in every direction. The sky has a clarity befitting the parting days of summer and even the contrails of passing aircraft dare not desecrate this unspoiled scene.

Walrus T. Boner's lungs have been absorbing it all with great lenghty draws. His eyes dine on the visual feast before him as a starving wretch would a royal banquet. Having adjusted for a depth-of-field that makes the already-overwhelming panorama better than even God Himself had intended, Wally makes one final adjustment to his tripod. At this very moment, the digital viewfinder display alone could be shown in the Louvre, and Wally depresses the shutter button with a satisfying snap.

As the final image is cast on the screen, a Jeep with 4 frat bros drives up, a passenger calling out, "Nice photo, you gay asshole."

The Jeep makes a left turn and trundles off toward the horizon, leaving behind a dusty mist, four liters of rattling engine echoes, as well as the dejected countenance of Walrus T. Boner.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Getting back into photography - got some new Equipment Empty Re: Getting back into photography - got some new Equipment

Post by thewalrus Tue May 28, 2013 11:24 am

JaysonAych wrote:The morning chill wafts through the air and settles across a storybook landscape. The sun has chased away the last of the sky's oranges and reds, and now casts its brilliance across the miracle of creation. In the distance but in clear relief, Crowsnest Mountain looms large and foliage surrounds the base like loyal subjects to their master, sweeping off in every direction. The sky has a clarity befitting the parting days of summer and even the contrails of passing aircraft dare not desecrate this unspoiled scene.

Walrus T. Boner's lungs have been absorbing it all with great lenghty draws. His eyes dine on the visual feast before him as a starving wretch would a royal banquet. Having adjusted for a depth-of-field that makes the already-overwhelming panorama better than even God Himself had intended, Wally makes one final adjustment to his tripod. At this very moment, the digital viewfinder display alone could be shown in the Louvre, and Wally depresses the shutter button with a satisfying snap.

As the final image is cast on the screen, a Jeep with 4 frat bros drives up, a passenger calling out, "Nice photo, you gay asshole."

The Jeep makes a left turn and trundles off toward the horizon, leaving behind a dusty mist, four liters of rattling engine echoes, as well as the dejected countenance of Walrus T. Boner.

aaahahahaha brilliant. :undies: :undies:

All my hobbies are mocked and humiliated by the frat bros. Woe
thewalrus
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:02 am

I've been itching to pick up a new DSLR. I've been looking at Nikons... although I'm tempted to bust out the Minolta XG-7 I picked up at an antique shop and give it a whirl. I've never shot with film so I need to do some reading up on it first.
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:15 pm

I've been contemplating going up to a full frame, getting more and more into shooting video alongside photography and that would really be a better marriage of the two than my t1i...so damn expensive for us non lawyer types though :\
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down