Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new Cherokee

+5
Tailhappy
1300ZUK
Turbojett
SBF
JaysonAych
9 posters

Go down

The new Cherokee Empty The new Cherokee

Post by JaysonAych Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:25 am

The new Cherokee M8icrr

I have no idea what the hell they were thinking with the lights. The rest of the vehicle looks okay, but those lights are just messed up.

Also, the Cherokee name on a Dart platform? Failsauce.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The new Cherokee Empty Re: The new Cherokee

Post by SBF Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:12 am

I think this is going to replace the Liberty (finally). The lights are very Juke-ish IMO. I'm wondering if the goofy headlights have anything to do with cost cutting measures on the chassis of the Alfa platform it's on.

I don't know why they couldn't just use the Panda as a platform.
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:00 am

nah. not liking it. glad the name is back but really, Fiat?
Turbojett
Turbojett
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:18 pm

I actually kind of like it, that's probably a bad thing.

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:19 pm

SBF wrote:

I don't know why they couldn't just use the Panda as a platform.

I think they are planning another jeep based on a Panda, compass patriot replacement

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:35 pm

1300ZUK wrote:I actually kind of like it, that's probably a bad thing.

Its growing on me, especially now that they released high-end model professional pics, and not the grainy base model looking refrigerator white factory shots I first saw.

It looks angry, and mean, like most of the soccer moms that will buy these things will want to scare off the other mothers in their minivans and cutesy CUVs.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:49 pm

Honestly, as an XJ Cherokee owner, I don't think it looks bad. I always knew that the "new" Cherokee would never be like the old XJ.

The only thing I don't like is that its going to be another FWD/AWD CUV.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:32 pm

It looks like it just got kicked in the sack.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:47 am

There are a few things that Jeep usually do well they've stuffed up here. A tough and timeless SUV needs straight lines around the greenhouse. The middle lights suck and the grille is overstyled. I don't hate it, but it's no XJ genius.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:50 am

Autoblog just released a whole bunch of pictures. WOW the back end is fucked up.

You know what, I'm going to have to see one of these in person, I think this is one of those vehicles that pictures don't do justice. The "hardcore" version looks kind of cool.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/27/2014-jeep-cherokee-flaunts-its-new-contemporary-curves/

The new Cherokee 3b85309562444c0a2d0f6a7067001511_original
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:12 pm

Not sure how I feel about that one. As everyone else has said - it's definitely not the Cherokee I remember. Kind of cool I guess. The rear end is bizzare though. I think SBF is right, it'll need to be seen in person.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:07 pm

I was reading up on it on the Car and Driver website and Jeep did not fuck around with this thing. It's no fucking Wrangler, but shit, the 4WD system sounds to be the best of any other CUV in the category.

Car and Driver said:

Although front-wheel drive is the default for Sport, Latitude, and Limited, the Cherokee will offer three distinct and surprisingly comprehensive 4x4 driveline configurations that belie its suburban looks. Jeep Active Drive I—available on Sport, Latitude, and Limited models—is a fully automatic, single power-takeoff unit (PTU) system said to improve both under- and oversteer conditions, deliver yaw control, and offer balanced torque distribution via the braking system. Jeep Active Drive II is also available on Sport, Latitude, and Limited models, and offers a two-speed PTU with low range. Selecting 4-Low mode locks the front and rear driveshafts and provides a 2.92:1 gear reduction for maximum torque and pulling power. When teamed with the four-cylinder engine, Active Drive II provides a 56:1 crawl ratio; the crawl ratio with the V-6 is 47.8:1. This system also pulls off the brake-based torque-apportioning trick. The third system, Jeep Active Jeep Drive Lock, is standard on the Trailhawk, and adds a locking rear differential to all of the Active Drive II features for better low-speed traction.

All four-wheel-drive systems feature Jeep’s driver-configurable Selec-Terrain traction-control setup that optimizes driveline operations for certain conditions. Settings include Auto, Snow, Sport, Sand/Mud, or Rock, and they alter up to 12 vehicle systems—including stability control, hill descent and ascent, electronic brake and powertrain control, and more—in the name of optimal traction and safety.

Unique to the segment is a rear axle that can completely disconnect when 4x4 isn’t required, decreasing driveline drag for improved mileage. Motorhome owners will be pleased to know that Active Drive II–equipped Cherokees completely disengage the drivetrain for flat towing simply by placing the selector in neutral. If you’d rather your Cherokee pull than be pulled, towing is limited to 2000 pounds in standard models and 4500 pounds in V-6 Cherokees with the towing package.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:37 pm

how do some of these designs get past the drawing board? cars used to look so much better. for the most part.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:00 pm

Pink tow hooks. :Swerve:
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:06 pm

clockbreaker wrote:how do some of these designs get past the drawing board? cars used to look so much better. for the most part.

I think part of the problem, is that the new Cherokee is going to be the same vehicle as a new Alfa Romeo CUV. Because of this, it has caused an issue with the shape of the radiator support, which has caused a weird issue with the headlights. I.E., the radiator support is more suitable for the Alfa's design architecture than the Jeep's.

So on top of this, they are trying to tell the media that the design is going to still look fresh in 10 years, or some bullshit like that.

I tell you what, I don't like the Chrome clad one, but the Trailhawk version I posted above looks much better. Not great, but better. Like I said, I will wait to see one in public before I make my final judgement.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:30 am

I noticed in the new pics that they darkened the shit out of the middle row of lights, which makes it a bit better. But yeah, that back end is pretty weird. I have no idea what they were going for, exactly.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum