Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remind me never to move to Ontario.

+6
Tailhappy
Swerve
JaysonAych
Turbojett
millertime
SBF
10 posters

Go down

Remind me never to move to Ontario.  Empty Remind me never to move to Ontario.

Post by SBF Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:23 am

SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Remind me never to move to Ontario.  Empty Re: Remind me never to move to Ontario.

Post by millertime Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:35 pm

Fuck,

Welcome to Canada.
millertime
millertime
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands

Back to top Go down

Remind me never to move to Ontario.  Empty Re: Remind me never to move to Ontario.

Post by Turbojett Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:45 pm

that's ridiculous. are you not allowed to own guns in canada? or only if you have children? what the hell could warrant such stupidity?
Turbojett
Turbojett
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:23 pm

The school principal, police and child welfare officials, however, all stand by their actions. They say they had to investigate to determine whether there was a gun in Sansone’s house that children had access to.

“From a public safety point of view, any child drawing a picture of guns and saying there’s guns in a home would warrant some further conversation with the parents and child,” said Alison Scott, executive director of Family and Children’s Services.

Fine. Have that "conversation." Have the police search his home if you're not convinced. But fucking arresting the guy and strip-searching him?

The detective told him his daughter Neaveh had drawn a picture of a man holding a gun. When a teacher asked her who the man was, the girl replied, “That’s my daddy’s. He uses it to shoot bad guys and monsters.”

Did the cops send in a SWAT team to deal with the monsters, too? Did no one think, "Hey, this little 4-year-old girl might just have an active imagination and envisions their dad as some sort of hero protecting her from danger and being awesome, and just maybe she might have seen a gun on TV or something?" I understand the need to be sure to a child's not in danger, but arresting someone under the charge of possessing a firearm and strip-searching him because a little girl drew one with crayons is just stupid.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:15 am

If I was the dad and suspected such an overreaction then as they approached the front door I would have opened fire.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:50 am

I hope no one sees some of the stuff my kids draw..... :unsure:
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:53 pm

arrest first, ask questions later

awesome.
ryguy79
ryguy79
I'm so weary and tired of the world's weariness and tiredness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:36 pm

Hes gotta be able to sue someone for something. thats insane.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:42 pm

Youre allowed to own guns in Canada right? First of all how do they know the guy even actually owned a gun, and second, how do they know it wasnt a legally purchased and registered one, and he keeps it locked up and out of reach? If I was that guy I'd have a fucking field day with those douchebags.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:33 pm

clockbreaker wrote:Youre allowed to own guns in Canada right? First of all how do they know the guy even actually owned a gun, and second, how do they know it wasnt a legally purchased and registered one, and he keeps it locked up and out of reach? If I was that guy I'd have a fucking field day with those douchebags.

Guns are owned in large numbers in Canada. We are probably the 2nd most arm civil society on Earth. Something like almost 10 million legal long arms here. Hand guns are hard to legally own here and ownership of such have very strict rules/regs. Long arms are actually quite easy to own legally in Canada. Don't let the gun freaks here tell you that it's hard and that they are made to work so hard to keep legal long arms here. They are not. You only need to qualify for an FAC (Firearms Acquisition Certificate.) You do need to follow the regs on storage of your guns, trigger locks and locked cabinets.

The incident reported here is a case of govt. gone stupid (more common today than not) and cops who think they are the LAW and not only uphold laws. Cops often are becoming too much nosy busy bodies today and looking like twits afterwards.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:51 am

I'm guessing Switzerland and Yemen have you covered.

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:00 pm

I can't agree more with the authorities actions.

Even if you live in a gun fearing country like Australia and have your guns all locked up in a safe that meet the requirements, there is no knowing if your kids might get them out and take stupid pictures with them while you're away in Melbourne at your step-daughters wedding for the night.

Remind me never to move to Ontario.  Img_0210

PS . My dad got married two weeks ago. :lol:

dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:08 pm

:roflmao:
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:40 pm

I need to know. Did you start reading it and think it was serious, or had you already scrolled the picture up?
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:44 pm

I'll admit the first sentence got me, but I could see a bit of a photo at the bottom of the screen, so once I noticed it, I realized it was a joke.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:55 pm

it was the photo. specifically your expression. but i did sense some sardonism when i read it.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:58 am

:lol:

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum