Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You won't find a Daihatsu Charade in this kind of shape anywhere else in the US.

+4
1300ZUK
Honor
Tailhappy
JaysonAych
8 posters

Go down

You won't find a Daihatsu Charade in this kind of shape anywhere else in the US. Empty You won't find a Daihatsu Charade in this kind of shape anywhere else in the US.

Post by JaysonAych Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:07 am

JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

You won't find a Daihatsu Charade in this kind of shape anywhere else in the US. Empty Re: You won't find a Daihatsu Charade in this kind of shape anywhere else in the US.

Post by Tailhappy Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:55 am

....that is actually pretty advanced for an '88. FI, OBD, floormats.....
Tailhappy
Tailhappy
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

You won't find a Daihatsu Charade in this kind of shape anywhere else in the US. Empty Re: You won't find a Daihatsu Charade in this kind of shape anywhere else in the US.

Post by Honor Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:58 am

Reminds me of the first car I drove for a while when I got my license, an '87 Sentra. Carbon, 70hp, 5spd, no frills at all but very good mileage and very reliable.
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:59 am

Carb, not Carbon.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:39 am

It's like a festiva was too cool for him.

I'd love a charade Woe

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:07 pm

You can polish a turd....
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:54 am

LOL @ shit like this commanding big bucks at auction in 2030
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:02 am

I doubt that. You occassionally see 1930 cars for sale in ok condition for next to nothing, purely because they were non-descript.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:36 am

I remember when back in '08 during the first recession and gas price hike that Geo Metros were going for more than they did when new.... kinda like that maybe for the Charade in 2030.
OR, it could be that the stuff you see if common everyday stuff. Model T's don't go for very high bucks, nor do regular old 60's sedans... but the rare and unique stuff does and this fits in that category.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:01 pm

A fool and his money...
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:57 pm

That's cool. It reminds me of why I loved that 88 Corolla ("WallyWagon") so much. Fun, simplistic, reliable, and efficient. In some ways I liked that old car more than my Civic, or even the CRZ.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:01 pm

I would love to have a barebones old daily driver like that. Wouldn't want to take the kids anywhere in that deathtrap, or drive it in winter, but would still love getting 40mpg in something light and tossable and cheap (hopefully) to maintain.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:49 am

Love it!

"runs on the smell of an oily rag"

Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:52 am

Is it just me or do airbags in some directions cover up the fact that car interiors are becoming less safe again? Not that I'm complaining but exposed gear linkages and protruding metal gauges?

You won't find a Daihatsu Charade in this kind of shape anywhere else in the US. 670x377Image

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:00 am

The spykers an abomination all around though.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:31 am

Sweet mother of god that's fugly.
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:01 am

Spyker cars look like the owner went on a pep boys shopping spree with all the shit hanging off of them. I hate those cars.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:23 pm

The Aileron would be nice, at least externally, if not for the 5 stupid fucking vent tubes.
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:19 am

Yeah, I don't get Spykers at all.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:13 pm

you guys suck. that's badass.

it's supposed to evoke the 1930's-era vision of futuristic flying machines. and it works. Safe? who cares? It's imaginitive.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:25 pm

It works like a screen door on a battleship
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:44 pm

I don't like the Spyker interior but I'm glad that companies are trying different things. It's just surprising that it can be considered not deadly by today's curtain airbag standards.

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:02 pm

clockbreaker wrote:It works like a screen door on a battleship
well, as long as it's above the hull, you can put any door you want on a battleship, Biff.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:27 am

Turbojett wrote:
clockbreaker wrote:It works like a screen door on a battleship
well, as long as it's above the hull, you can put any door you want on a battleship, Biff.

:roflmao:
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum