Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unleash the hounds. And the lions. And the herpes monkeys.

+6
SBF
Honor
TheLightedPath
Talon
Tailhappy
JaysonAych
10 posters

Go down

Unleash the hounds.  And the lions.  And the herpes monkeys. Empty Unleash the hounds. And the lions. And the herpes monkeys.

Post by JaysonAych Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:03 am

I'm sure you've all heard about this hellacious story that Bruckheimer should make a movie about.... http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/19/us/ohio-animals-on-loose/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

An Ohio sheriff defended the killings of more than four dozen lions, tigers and other wild animals Wednesday after they were turned loose from a farm outside Zanesville by its suicidal owner.

Of the 56 animals released Tuesday night, only a grizzly bear, two monkeys and three leopards were taken alive, Muskingum County Sheriff Matt Lutz said. One monkey remained unaccounted for Wednesday night, but Lutz and conservationist Jack Hanna, who assisted in the effort, said the animal may have been eaten by one of the big cats.

And it wouldn't be an American news story without a dumbass quote from some moron who is wasting everyone's air:

Douthitt said it is inappropriate for people like Thompson to keep dangerous animals as pets, just as it was to shoot so many of them. Local governments, she said, ought to train law enforcement officers so they are prepared for bizarre cases such as the one that unfolded in Zanesville.

Yes, because police departments in all small rural Ohio towns should get monthly practice on defending the town from scores of savage jungle beasts descending upon the county. What the fuck? 10 bucks says she votes Tea Party. "I don't want us to pay for welfare, because there's a chance some lazy black Mexican muslim might get it, but we SHOULD spend money on TIGER DEFENSE."
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Unleash the hounds.  And the lions.  And the herpes monkeys. Empty Re: Unleash the hounds. And the lions. And the herpes monkeys.

Post by Tailhappy Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:22 am

If they're not ready for zombies, how are they gonna be ready for cheetahs?

Tailhappy
Tailhappy
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Unleash the hounds.  And the lions.  And the herpes monkeys. Empty Re: Unleash the hounds. And the lions. And the herpes monkeys.

Post by Talon Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:07 am

I don’t know why they had to kill them all. Aren’t Bengal tigers endangered? Why not use tranquilizers? And why the fuck does anyone have any of these animals as “pets”? So many bad decisions and ultimately, it’s the animals that suffer.
Talon
Talon
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLightedPath Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:52 pm

They were loose with only a few tranq guns and most with improper doses. Plus the ten minutes they take to go into effect where they can run and hide and they wake up pissed. It was shoot them or spend two months finding them all and endangering the whole county. They didnt want to take the chance a hungry tiger killing someone its shitty but tranqs work with 1 maybe two animals that you can keep track off. 56 of them with night only few hours away i think the sheriff made the decision he had to.
TheLightedPath
TheLightedPath
Guess I'm still Ray Bolger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:27 pm

The asshole owners the one to blame here. And the people who let people own dangerous animals like that.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:28 pm

From what I read about that guy, he wasn't even fit to own a goldfish.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:13 pm

It's all a big fucked up mess. In the long run, the animals suffered.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:59 pm

Talon wrote:I don’t know why they had to kill them all. Aren’t Bengal tigers endangered? Why not use tranquilizers? And why the fuck does anyone have any of these animals as “pets”? So many bad decisions and ultimately, it’s the animals that suffer.
plus fucking one. I was thinking the exact same thing. you would think they'd at least find it in their budget to stock tranqs. I mean, granted it's not everyday that a horde of jungle animals gets released into public, but there's still wildcats and deer and wolves (of some form) and other wild animals that are indigenous to basically EVERY SQUARE INCH of the country that tend to wander into cities and suburbs every so often. they pose some sort of threat to the general population as well. How would they deal with them; do they just blow them away too?
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:18 am

TheLightedPath wrote:They were loose with only a few tranq guns and most with improper doses. Plus the ten minutes they take to go into effect where they can run and hide and they wake up pissed. It was shoot them or spend two months finding them all and endangering the whole county. They didnt want to take the chance a hungry tiger killing someone its shitty but tranqs work with 1 maybe two animals that you can keep track off. 56 of them with night only few hours away i think the sheriff made the decision he had to.

You’re probably right here, but that’s not an excuse. Someone, somewhere had to be aware this quack had all these animals. The local PD should have been more diligent on this if something were to happen. Meaning, Sheriff knows Joe Blow Whack Job has a bunch of tigers and bears on his property, Sheriff should have had enough tranquilizers to take care of them should they escape. Similar to how they probably have more AR15s than workers… just precautionary if nothing else.

I mean, the odds of it happening are one in a million, but it obviously did, and the [endangered] animals paid the ultimate price for doing nothing wrong.

It’s just too bad the guy who released them is already dead. If they had the proper tranquilizers, they could have chained his ass to a tree doused in deer blood with a few deer carcasses laying around and used him for bait.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLightedPath Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:24 am

I agree that i wish the sob was alive so we could chain him to a tree. As far as police being prepared they are a police dept not fish and game and even so whos going to pay for the training and equipment for a podunk town that might have a problem with wild lions and othet exotic animals. Honestly i am pretty sure if i saw a tiger infront if me id prolly shoot first too ask why later its a goddamn tiger not a spider monkey.
TheLightedPath
TheLightedPath

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:53 am

Do the monkeys really have herpes? That sucks, man...

Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:46 pm

Olds wrote:Do the monkeys really have herpes? That sucks, man...

Who's peas?

HER peas!

:curses:
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:58 pm

In an earlier version of the story, they said one of the monkeys was feared to have Herpes B. It might have been the one that they said got eaten.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:43 pm

thewalrus wrote:

Who's peas?

HER peas!

:curses:

Would you like to see my hair piece?

You can touch my hair piece, if you want.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:02 am

JaysonAych wrote:

In an earlier version of the story, they said one of the monkeys was feared to have Herpes B. It might have been the one that they said got eaten.

Whaaaa?????

Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:39 am

so great. now the tiger has herpes.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:40 am

oh no, now it's dead, so any blood or other bodily fluid it may have leaked onto the street has contaminated the environment! :yay:
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:11 pm

that sucks.
ryguy79
ryguy79
I'm so weary and tired of the world's weariness and tiredness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down