Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ESPN3

4 posters

:: Sports

Go down

ESPN3 Empty ESPN3

Post by Swerve Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:05 am

If you have it, there's a good chance they're showing most of the AFL finals series. Which is set to be amazing. In a 22 round season, my team (Collingwood) only lost twice, unfortunately both times to the same team - Geelong, which finished second.
Even Dunnas' team (St Kilda) managed to shrug off a 1-8 start to the season and amazingly finish 6th, scoring a crucial home final against Sydney.

In other news, the Rugby World Cup kicks off tonight. But no one cares about that...

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

ESPN3 Empty Re: ESPN3

Post by JaysonAych Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:52 am

The few times I've seen AFL, it's been interesting to watch, but coverage is usually hard to find. But if it's on ESPN3, that can be streamed through XBox Live, so they may have a good HD feed.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:00 pm

I think a lot of AFL games are available online too to international audiences this year and beyond. Those bastards can get them live, but not us. :curses:

Of course my boss offered me two free tickets for tomorrow nights game approximately 5 minutes before I left tonight so i'm all good. Now I just have to hope we have a decent enough lead up to be able to leave 5 minutes early to get the hell out of that carpark and get home halfway through Q2. Qualifying 2 that is.
dunnas
dunnas
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:07 pm

JaysonAych wrote:The few times I've seen AFL, it's been interesting to watch, but coverage is usually hard to find. But if it's on ESPN3, that can be streamed through XBox Live, so they may have a good HD feed.
A HD feed is doubtful (although it may exist even if it isn't broadcast to us). It would be so hard to believe how much Australian TV has gone backwards with regards to actual HD broadcasts of anything the last two years that telling you about it could actually cause your brain to explode.

I believe we were actually very early with HD over free to air too. :jay:
dunnas
dunnas
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:15 pm

dunnas wrote:I think a lot of AFL games are available online too to international audiences this year and beyond. Those bastards can get them live, but not us. :curses:

That's how NFL games are here...overseas you can watch all the games you want, but in the US, unless you have DirecTV's NFL Sunday Ticket package, you're fucked.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:37 pm

you just get whichever game your network TV affiliate or ESPN choose to show, otherwise.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:53 pm

Well anyone but us can get it live. Melbourne is the city the game is played in. Every other Aussie city gets it live. The problem is that the current channel that has the games for saturday lost out in the bidding war for the football for the next 5 years. Once that happened they stopped showing the football on their HD channel (which is awesome because that is the F1 channel and saturday night football would make them show F1 an hour late) .

But they also just stopped worrying abought showing games live.

Last edited by dunnas on Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:56 pm

Turbojett wrote:you just get whichever game your network TV affiliate or ESPN choose to show, otherwise.
We're talking the finals series here. And unlike the US that doesn't mean a total of about 578 games. It means games 4 the first week, 2 the second, 2 the third and 1 in the last.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:29 pm

even so...
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:11 am

Grand Final in 1 hour 20 minutes.

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:02 am

[size=100]FUCK![/size] Woe

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Sports

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum