Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remember that bridge that collapsed in the US a few years ago?

+2
dunnas
Swerve
6 posters

Go down

Remember that bridge that collapsed in the US a few years ago? Empty Remember that bridge that collapsed in the US a few years ago?

Post by Swerve Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:48 am

You'll be reminded of it a lot more when the rest of them follow its lead, assuming the Republicans get their way...

http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/04/news/economy/gas-tax/index.htm?iid=HP_River

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Remember that bridge that collapsed in the US a few years ago? Empty Re: Remember that bridge that collapsed in the US a few years ago?

Post by dunnas Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:39 pm

18.4c a gallon? That is less than half what we pay per litre, and our roads are all terrible. If they weren't then we'd obviously have speed limits higher than 100 on all these new ones and the government wouldn't be terrified of the outcome of people driving at 104.

If only our media hadn't bred a couple of generations of massive puppet pussies. I want a revolution of the people dammit. Surely facebook will bring us something like it soon. How hard could it be to organise a group of a couple of thousand people to go around and destroy speed cameras and burn Gillards house to the ground.

PS. Jay, if you hear of any revolutions happening in Australia, please delete this thread immediately.
dunnas
dunnas
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Remember that bridge that collapsed in the US a few years ago? Empty Re: Remember that bridge that collapsed in the US a few years ago?

Post by dunnas Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:46 pm

While we're at it, Americans need to organise a group for the slaying of anybody in the country working in the field of finance that has the word 'officer', 'chief', 'head' or 'senior' in their job titles, or in equivalent positions with other stupid names.

My boss is away all next week and so i'm going to have to deal with quite a number of people with with margin calls. I prefer doing my usual nothing. :curses:
dunnas
dunnas
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:23 pm

Car and Driver recently had a big article on the crumbling road infrastructure throughout the USA. It's very troubling.

The USA has enough borrowed/printed money for war after war after war and the fist pounding of possible future wars but not enough for necessary road and other civil infrastructure, not enough for suitable medicare and not enough for Social Security, for good public education and other needed things for a well functioning society.

Republicans and idiot Tea baggers seem to think this crumbling infrastructure for one does not affect them though.

Hey, I have an idea, drop bombs on all your bridges etc. and then have the military industrial complex fund to rebuild them. With more borrowed/printed money of course.

BTW. The electrical grid will likely as is expected by science to come under severe threat from expected major solar activity beginning by 2013. Scientists believe it may be bad enough to blow out much of the world's electrical grid. If this is to be so TRILLIONS of dollars will be lost in possible months of downed grid and lost economic activity (and a host of other serious issues due to such) and to the costs of rebuilding it all. The solution posed by science and engineers is a rather simple one but will today cost many tens of millions if not more dollars. Put large charge capacitors as traps on the electrical grid structure. But do the utilities do this? NOPE! They can't be bothered. Oh and to be fair to the USA, it's not just a USA issue. For one my idiot country's utilities are not bothering to do this and neither are most if not all of them globally.

We are so fucking stupid and full of arrogance, ignorance and greed in humanity.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:47 am

I think a lot of these tea baggers are getting voted out soon. A lot of people are pissed about a lot of the bullshit that happened during the whole debt ceiling thing, and most Americans wanted a compromise with both spending cuts and tax increases. Hopefully not too much of the country will be fucked up before that happens.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:52 am

my state, pennsylvania, has some of the worst roads in the country. the roads of ohio, indiana, and illinois felt like driving on glass compared to most of the pothole ridden, unevenly paved travesties they call roads around here. plus penndot works slow as hell. there's about a 2 mile section of a 2 lane highway that theyve been working on repaving for the past 6 months, and theyre really not even close to being finished yet. really, how long does it take? do your fucking jobs.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:58 am

Indiana does do a pretty fair job of keeping their roads in good condition, and expanding roadways where needed. The town I grew up in is finally getting the bypass they've talked about for years, and it looks like they're wasting no time in getting the fucker built now that the funding is there.

Kentucky's roads leave much to be desired. I've seen rural-Russia style deterioration on major highways in several areas over the years, reaching ridiculously-dangerous levels before getting repaired.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:12 am

You know, I blame the idiots of this country that didn't even give the Dems a chance. When all the promises weren't "fulfilled" (even though we were told a hundred times that some things can't be fixed in 4 years) people just up and voted for Reps at the mid-term elections. They were so quick to try to get those people into office that they were duped into thinking would fix the issues that didn't get fixed off the bat. Look where we're at now.

Last edited by SBF on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:51 am

It's not just that they didn't give things a chance, but they went the entire opposite direction by voting in hardcore right-wing Tea Party fuckholes. Many of those voters were all, "Hell yeah, them Tea Party people will lower taxes and cut spending by cutting out welfare, socialized medicine, and other government programs that hand out money to lazy blacks and Mexicans," as those same assholes attended rallies in their government subsidized Rascals and collected their social security and disability checks. Bunch of fucking two-faced "got mine" shitheads.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:00 pm

I had to edit my post. I typed it half awake :lol:

But yeah, the people of this country are a bunch of fuckwits.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:07 pm

I don't know about you guys, but I don't trust any of them. Im reminded of something roark s father said. Something like that the only difference between the left and right is what they're shouting when they beat you over the head.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down