Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I saw a BMW Z3 on the way to work today.

+6
ryguy79
Turbojett
Dodge
Talon
Honor
thewalrus
10 posters

Go down

I saw a BMW Z3 on the way to work today. Empty I saw a BMW Z3 on the way to work today.

Post by thewalrus Thu May 12, 2011 11:03 am

And now I really want one. So impractical it makes my Civic look like a fucking minivan. But man what a low slung, sleek and just plain awesome sports car. Sure, I know it's handling wasn't the tightest, and it's build quality, apparently, lacking. But hot damn it looks just like a sports car should.

thewalrus
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

I saw a BMW Z3 on the way to work today. Empty Re: I saw a BMW Z3 on the way to work today.

Post by Honor Thu May 12, 2011 11:38 am

Get the M version.
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

I saw a BMW Z3 on the way to work today. Empty Re: I saw a BMW Z3 on the way to work today.

Post by Talon Thu May 12, 2011 11:44 am

I’d rather a Miata… seriously. Or an S2.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Thu May 12, 2011 12:15 pm

If I was to get a car in that class, it would have to be one of these (this particular one being a co worker/friend of mine)

I saw a BMW Z3 on the way to work today. 5193833996_81f23335ab_b
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu May 12, 2011 12:26 pm

haha yeah, I'm already over it now. Cool little car. And I wanted one SO bad when I was younger - especially after watching Golden Eye.

Miata is definitely better. And of course a Subaru is the practical, realistic, and still awesome choice.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu May 12, 2011 12:38 pm

Plus they had the 1.8 liter that was in the 318s. Aka slow as dirt.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu May 12, 2011 12:50 pm

Subaru Impreza WRX '11 wrote:Plus they had the 1.8 liter that was in the 318s. Aka slow as dirt.

I think they also had the 2.5 / 2.8 / 3.0 as well - at least in later iterations. The M was nice - but it's a little on the bulky side. Not quite as sleek as the regular Z.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Thu May 12, 2011 1:03 pm

I can't fit in one.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Thu May 12, 2011 1:06 pm

I drove one of the 3 liters once. Way fun. You could really hang the tail out. More fun than the Miatas I've driven.
ryguy79
ryguy79
I'm so weary and tired of the world's weariness and tiredness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete.Z Thu May 12, 2011 3:32 pm

They are, specially with the bigger engines, great little cars to drive.
We looked to buy one a few times, but they are to expensive and to impractical.
Maybe later.
Pete.Z
Pete.Z
Guess I'm still Ray Bolger.
Guess I'm still Ray Bolger.

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Thu May 12, 2011 7:28 pm

i hope you all are talking bout the hardtop coupe, cause if not, you're all a bunch of queers.
ascona
ascona

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Thu May 12, 2011 10:16 pm

Helloooooo, thith ith AF! :heeheehee:
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Thu May 12, 2011 10:18 pm

I saw one on the way home tonight too. Looks quite petite. Had alot of negative camber on the rear wheels.

It got me to thinking about "Z3" fenders. BMW should have copyrighted that shit, so every ricer fuck in a Neon and Civic couldn't buy them for their cars.
In fact, EVERY design from Altezza lights to Buick portholes should been copyrighted. Fucking ricer fucks.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu May 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Ricers are in decline, that's for sure. Theyre all growing up and buying respectable cars like Evos and such.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu May 12, 2011 11:05 pm

Man, i was just looking at some more pictures of the Z3. Between that car, the Boxster, the Jaguar XK8, the C5.... man, so many cool, awesome looking cars were around between my early teens and early 20s.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu May 12, 2011 11:06 pm

Subaru Impreza WRX '11 wrote:Ricers are in decline, that's for sure. Theyre all growing up and buying respectable cars like Evos and such.

I don't see nearly as many of them now as I used to. That's for sure. Maybe it's just because it's been winter in Edmonton for the last 7 months. But maybe, as a cultural statement, it's actually losing luster. That would be nice.

Though Fast and Furious 5 is coming out. That might flush more out of the woodwork.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Fri May 13, 2011 9:20 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Subaru Impreza WRX '11 wrote:Ricers are in decline, that's for sure. Theyre all growing up and buying respectable cars like Evos and such.

I don't see nearly as many of them now as I used to. That's for sure. Maybe it's just because it's been winter in Edmonton for the last 7 months. But maybe, as a cultural statement, it's actually losing luster. That would be nice.

Though Fast and Furious 5 is coming out. That might flush more out of the woodwork.

Uh, its already out. And there were no riced out cars in it. There was a nice sexy 70's GTR in it though wub
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri May 13, 2011 9:21 pm

It's nice to see someone actually more muscular than Vin Diesel on the screen to make him feel less adequate though.

I saw a BMW Z3 on the way to work today. Untitl12
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Fri May 13, 2011 9:25 pm

I was hoping for Sly Stalone, not The Rock. Then they could have had a gruff off.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri May 13, 2011 9:33 pm

I saw it; it wasn't horrible. Jordana Brewster is a fucking goddess. A lot of decent cars in that movie... 370Z, STI, Challenger, GTR, Ford GT40 (original), Detomaso Pantera, etc. One of the main cars was a GT3 RS.

And, The Rock is a fucking monster.

Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri May 13, 2011 9:36 pm

What was that car they drove off the bridge? Some kind of custom stingray corvette or something?
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri May 13, 2011 9:37 pm

Talon wrote:
And, The Rock is a fucking monster.

he's always been one of my favorites.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri May 13, 2011 9:38 pm

The part with the chargers pulling the vault out of the wall was silly though. I doubt even an M1 abrams could do that.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Sat May 14, 2011 6:04 am

The M Roadster was a great little car that probably made up for the rest of the range. The Z3 3.0 must be pretty good, but questionable considering the 330Ci was faster around a track. Underdone might be the best way to put it.

The current Z4, on the other hand, in the right colour is a stunner. Probably the closest thing to a modern E-Type. The best thing is they're not even that common because BMW have cannibalised it's sales with the choices available in the 1 and 3 Series range. Plus the A5 was non-existent in the Z3's time but the car every poser wants these days.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sat May 14, 2011 8:15 am

Subaru Impreza WRX '11 wrote:What was that car they drove off the bridge? Some kind of custom stingray corvette or something?

Kit car. They built 5 of them (I think), two of them have VW dune buggy chassis for the off road stuff.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down